Are we seeing a Vettel era?

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.

Are we?

Yes
39%
No
61%

Total votes: 140

raymondu999

Re: Are we seeing a Vettel era?

1 race. Nothing definitive can be taken yet. If he suddenly wins the race tomorrow, I'd probably say it was still sort of part of the Vettel era.
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

Hangaku

I suspect that what we saw was a RedBull era, much the same as the Ferrari era, and the Williams era.
Yer.

Pup
Pup

Hangaku wrote:I suspect that what we saw was a RedBull era, much the same as the Ferrari era, and the Williams era.
Does two years count as an 'era'?

NathanOlder

Yeah. He may of finished 2nd in Oz. But i think the result flattered the car. Many things went in his favour. Nothing against Seb, but he had a good slice of luck. Started 6th, Run off the track early on and only overtook 1 car on track in a place that isnt known for its overtaking (maybe Rosberg made a mistake exiting the previous corner?)
GoLandoGo
Lewis v2.0
King George has arrived.

New found love for GT racing with Assetto Corsa Competizione on PS5 & PC

NathanOlder

Pup wrote:
Hangaku wrote:I suspect that what we saw was a RedBull era, much the same as the Ferrari era, and the Williams era.
Does two years count as an 'era'?

Nah, as we dont have such times as the Hakkinen era, or Alonso era.
GoLandoGo
Lewis v2.0
King George has arrived.

New found love for GT racing with Assetto Corsa Competizione on PS5 & PC

CHT
CHT

We should all be glad that vettel is not having the best car on the grid this season. This will at least give him the opportunity to prove himself as a worthy champion.

GrizzleBoy
GrizzleBoy

NathanOlder wrote:Yeah. He may of finished 2nd in Oz. But i think the result flattered the car. Many things went in his favour. Nothing against Seb, but he had a good slice of luck. Started 6th, Run off the track early on and only overtook 1 car on track in a place that isnt known for its overtaking (maybe Rosberg made a mistake exiting the previous corner?)
I agree.

It's not even funny how safety cars basically always seem to be in Sebs favour though.

PlatinumZealot

CHT wrote:We should all be glad that vettel is not having the best car on the grid this season. This will at least give him the opportunity to prove himself as a worthy champion.
His lips are getting pretty loose now... As I said earlier in this thread I think when he struggles we are seeing the real Vettel. I think by next year he will be the next "F1 villian."

Disrespecting other drivers is a good start:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/formula1/17506568

edit: middle finger to the world! :lol:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6SYn6fAI ... e=youtu.be[/youtube]

this is surely going to be an interesting season for this boy.
Last edited by PlatinumZealot on 27 Mar 2012, 04:47, edited 2 times in total.
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

Gridlock

...That beard is a good start! Evil Vettel!

2 flyaway back-to-backs don't provide enough evidence to call an end yet, they could still pull a magic trick from somewhere. Look at the EBD season.

ringo

Middle finger from the reigning champ. Good Ambasador for the sport. :roll:
For Sure!!

JohnsonsEvilTwin

ringo wrote:Middle finger from the reigning champ. Good Ambasador for the sport. :roll:

Yeah, such a bad person now isn't he?

PLEASE!
More could have been done.
David Purley

banibhusan

Gridlock wrote:...That beard is a good start! Evil Vettel!

2 flyaway back-to-backs don't provide enough evidence to call an end yet, they could still pull a magic trick from somewhere. Look at the EBD season.
In that case, he should rather have faith in the team and keep his cool in difficult situations.

Though he has faith in the team, but behaving like such an arrogant prat in a race, doesn't do any good to his image as a champion of a global sport. Even Kimi is a competitive racer, but doesn't complain all the time or show his fingers to everyone.

mnmracer
mnmracer

banibhusan wrote:

In that case, he should rather have faith in the team and keep his cool in difficult situations.

Though he has faith in the team, but behaving like such an arrogant prat in a race, doesn't do any good to his image as a champion of a global sport. Even Kimi is a competitive racer, but doesn't complain all the time or show his fingers to everyone.
I must say I'm amused to hear this coming from someone sporting that avatar.

banibhusan

mnmracer wrote:
banibhusan wrote:

I must say I'm amused to hear this coming from someone sporting that avatar.
I was expecting that. :D

That avatar only signifies my admiration for his driving abilities. I never said that I am a die-hard fan of Alonso and I agree with all his actions off track. Similarly Vettel may be a highly talented driver etc etc etc, but he shouldn't have done that.

I hope I am clear this time. :wink:

Maelstrom
Maelstrom

I think that my list of most promising drivers would be this:

Alonso
Button
Hamilton
Rosberg
Webber
Vettel

I have put Button above Hamilton only because he can keep his head and get the most out of a good car. If the car isn't the best then Hamilton would pip him. I rate Webber as a slightly better driver than Vettel. But thats just me. The end of the 2012 season should show if i'm right or wrong.

I think we have seen the end of the Vettel era this year. If there was ever any chance of one in the first place. My prediction is that we'll have a new WDC this year.