Goodwood Festival of Speed

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
Scuderia_Russ

Goodwood Festival of Speed

"Whether you think you can or can't, either way you are right."
-Henry Ford-

pompelmo
pompelmo

where is that festival???? And how much are the tickets? :shock:

Scuderia_Russ

It's in West Sussex in the south of England. I cannot explain to you how good this event is. It's essentially a hillclimb event but with F1 cars, motorbikes, Le Mans, rally, dakar...you name it, it's there. Here you will see historic and contemporary racing cars doing what they were designed to do...competing...not stored in a garage for no one to ever see again. Drivers and owners are totally relaxed about million dollar cars. All the F1 teams except Minardi and Jordan usually attend (budget reasons i guess). They usually send a team of mechanics and the previous years car to set a time with. I'm decorating at the moment so everything is boxed up. Will post some pore pics at the end of the week when i'm back in order. A roaming ticket cost me £42 for the Sunday and it's well worth it. Grandstand tickets are available but we prefer to mooch about for the day and take in all the sights.
Last year i met Justin Wilson, John Surtees, Jay Kay (Jamariquia), Jenson Button and Pizzonia who had time for a chat and really was a nice bloke.
You won't find anything like it anywhere else in the world...i cannot recommend it enough!

Check out that sunburn! I look like a right clown.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v284/ ... ri312T.jpg

Goodwood online.

http://www.goodwood.co.uk/fos/
-Henry Ford-

RacingManiac
RacingManiac

I have to go at least once in my life....along with Le Mans and Monza....

West
West

Well if I go to Europe this summer, hopefully I can catch this event... pending I don't get the internship, of course.
Bring back wider rear wings, V10s, and tobacco advertisements

West
West

Was that a Marlboro McLaren or a Marlboro Team Penske car?
Bring back wider rear wings, V10s, and tobacco advertisements

Scuderia_Russ

It's a Penske Ilmor PC19 (1990). Da Matta drove a Lola Toyota B2/200 that day too.
-Henry Ford-

manchild
manchild

What was the sound of that 1906 Renault AK90CV?

Could you compare it with some car, bike machine... just for example?

johnny comelately
johnny comelately

Re: Goodwood Festival of Speed

Italy now has its own Goodwood FOS, with Imola hosting last weekend the first edition of the Motor Legend Festival.

Drivers and cars from the past, and riders and bikes, entertained the 20,000 spectators over the course of the weekend. Among the guests, the great Jacky Ickx, who treated the crowd to a few laps behind the wheel of his 1970 race-winning Ferrari 312B.

The Belgian is seen here flanked by Paolo Barilla – the proud owner of the Ferrari 312B – Riccardo Patrese, Emmanuele Pirro and René Arnoux.

from - http://en.f1i.com/images/301436-old-war ... tival.html

roon
roon

2019 is on.

roon
roon

1:06 :o

jh199

I don't know where else to post this question. Why are there downwards flaps on the FXXK shark fin? You can see them in this video at ~1 minute in.

Jolle
Jolle

jh199 wrote:
06 Jul 2019, 15:50
I don't know where else to post this question. Why are there downwards flaps on the FXXK shark fin? You can see them in this video at ~1 minute in.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jwI7SiSTERc
my guess is to direct airflow :P

to somehow tidy up the airflow to the rear wing.

Dipesh1995
Dipesh1995

They look like VGs. I would hazard a guess that they create a bit of vortex suction on the suction side of the wing. May also aid flow extraction from the central part of the diffuser.