Silly Season 2013/14

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
astracrazy

Re: Who will replace Webber at Redbull?

blokkie wrote:
astracrazy wrote:would Kimi really want to leave Lotus where he is basically the number 1 driver to go and be the number 2 at Red Bull. Lets face it, once Webbers gone then whoever goes there will always be playing number 2 to Vettel.
Maybe they should give him shares , or he could ask for them like he did at williams

reference : http://www.gptoday.com/full_story/view/ ... irms_team/
i doubt that would happen.

they won't want Kimi bad enough to do something like that + i don't think RBR is on the shares market? Kimi only wanted that because williams had just floated.

I don't believe the desire from both parties is great enough for him to go there. Red Bull have many more options available to them. Although some free red bull cans to go with his vodka (which apparently he loves) could seal the deal :lol:
Adamski wrote:di Resta would be perfect as second driver at Red Bull
His attitude is such he prob would expect it, but sadly i haven't seen anything from him that suggests his ready for such a move. If he was i'd of expected him to go to Mclaren (altho there motives signing Perez are questionable)
neilbah wrote:Im wondering if both the Redbull drivers will go,
Webber to retire perhapse? I dont necessarily think he wants to but i wonder who would want him.
Where would Vettel go? I think a few team principles would have this weekend in the back of there mind before bringing him into there team

tathan

I think di Resta is a really solid number two, to use DC's turn of phrase.

Fast enough to get a few points, not fast enough to bother Vettel. Bit of a legend in his own eyes though I'm sure a 20-0 panelling in quali by vettel will dampen that.

WhiteBlue

astracrazy wrote:Where would Vettel go? I think a few team principles would have this weekend in the back of there mind before bringing him into there team
Montezemolo will have seen it as a ticket for a Ferrari #1 job.
Formula One's fundamental ethos is about success coming to those with the most ingenious engineering and best .............................. organization, not to those with the biggest budget. (Dave Richards)

astracrazy

WhiteBlue wrote:
astracrazy wrote:Where would Vettel go? I think a few team principles would have this weekend in the back of there mind before bringing him into there team
Montezemolo will have seen it as a ticket for a Ferrari #1 job.
in the future, i was assuming neilbah was talking end of this season along side another top driver in another team. However much i think him and alonso in the same team would be great to watch with all the firworks

Joie de vivre

Vettel shot himslef in the leg. Webber won't ever help him. Also Webber is leaving RBR for sure.

I see Ricciardo as proper replacement, he's quick. Vergne is also but I prefer Daniel.

FrukostScones

I would kick Webber out immediately and hire Bianchi as declared No2 driver! WCC secured, problems solved.
Finishing races is important, but racing is more important.

mnmracer

Joie de vivre wrote:Vettel shot himslef in the leg. Webber won't ever help him.
When has Webber helped him.
If prior to the 2012 Abu Dhabi Grand Prix, Webber himself said he would not obey teamorders, what kind of help could Vettel have expected from him this year?

Joie de vivre

I'm pretty sure Mark will do everything making it difficult for Vettel to win this years title. Maybe even Mark will be a in a role for the title, who knows, season is long. But one thing is for sure, they were never apart as they are now!

DeLaRosa

I don't see the point that Webber should leave Red Bull. Vettel screwed up this time so why can't he leave. I understand Red Bull would like to keep Vettel. Only time will tell. One thing is certain: one of the drivers has to leave at the end of te season.

DeLaRosa

I'm pretty sure Mark will do everything making it difficult for Vettel to win this years title. Maybe even Mark will be a in a role for the title, who knows, season is long. But one thing is for sure, they were never apart as they are now!

I think you are absolutely right there. Webber can also get a boost of what happend last weekend. I think Webber want's the title more than ever

mnmracer

Joie de vivre wrote:I'm pretty sure Mark will do everything making it difficult for Vettel to win this years title. Maybe even Mark will be a in a role for the title, who knows, season is long. But one thing is for sure, they were never apart as they are now!
Like he did in Brazil (until Red Bull got the better of him)?
I am very curious as to when Webber actually was helpful to Vettel.

Or do you think he would give up his own victories to screw over Vettel?

coaster

Maybe Manuel from Fawlty towers?

DeLaRosa

If Webber gets replaced I think Daniel Ricciardo will fill in his seat. Otherwise, why would Red Bull use a driver programme?

mnmracer

DeLaRosa wrote:If Webber gets replaced I think Daniel Ricciardo will fill in his seat. Otherwise, why would Red Bull use a driver programme?
Ricciardo to RB
Da Costa to TR

I can see that happen.

DeLaRosa

Ricciardo to RB
Da Costa to TR

I can see that happen.
I absolutley agree! I think Da Costa is a real tallent. Let's see how he does in Formula Renault 3.5 this season.