Livery thread again!

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
Carrino
Carrino

Re: Livery thread again!

Hello, Which Ferrari liveries do you prefer?

Sieper

Either is Nice, i'd just like Ferrari to stop their fugly fake Marlboro scemed advertising. Why do they still get away with it is beyond me.

adrianjordan

I prefer the second one, only because I like how the black looks!!
Favourite driver: Lando Norris
Favourite team: McLaren

Turned down the chance to meet Vettel at Silverstone in 2007. He was a test driver at the time and I didn't think it was worth queuing!! 🤦🏻‍♂️

Carrino
Carrino

Sieper wrote:
08 Nov 2017, 01:27
Either is Nice, i'd just like Ferrari to stop their fugly fake Marlboro scemed advertising. Why do they still get away with it is beyond me.
I completely agree with you

F1NAC

Sieper wrote:
Probably because you know that PM is Ferrari's sponsor. Show their logo or car to someone who doesnt follow f1 that closely and it wont recognize anything. Not even a smoker.. and I think that there is more white on car because of Santander. Just look at the front wing. Main plane is red and upper flaps where logo stands is white. Without that i think whole FW would be red

I really loved their livery this year. Especially after new rules regarding numbers. It reminded me on '70ies.

santos
santos

Sieper wrote:
You just know that because it was told to you. I don't understand is how Marlboro pays to have a publicity that doesn't even is recognizable on the car.

Jolle
Jolle

santos wrote:
08 Nov 2017, 14:42
Sieper wrote:
You just know that because it was told to you. I don't understand is how Marlboro pays to have a publicity that doesn't even is recognizable on the car.
Because Ferrari outsourced the marketing of their F1 team to Philip Morris International (so technical they aren't a sponsor). Ferrari gets a set price for the space and some sponsor outings, Philip Morris International sells off all the space, partnerships, imaging, etc etc. If they sell the rights well, they would even make money.... Santander for instance, doesn't have a contract with SF, but with PMI.

Sieper

Coming back I have to say I have a slight preference for the red/black one, the tricolore bordering the carbon on the rear is a cool find. But the white has been incorporated in a very nice way as well (in your upper design).

I don't want people to smoke, it kills, and I don't think the advertising (how "cleverly " hidden and constructed it is) should be allowed on a cool car. But that faux Marlboro logo is also just plain ugly.

Carrino
Carrino

Hello guys, which would you choose? Thanks in advance :)

https://twitter.com/VinCarrino

FrukostScones

The 2nd.
Finishing races is important, but racing is more important.

Shrieker

FrukostScones wrote:
11 Nov 2017, 12:54
The 2nd.
Reminds me of Dr. Pepper. Which imo, tastes disgusting :sick:
Education is that which allows a nation free, independent, reputable life, and function as a high society; or it condemns it to captivity and poverty.
-Atatürk

FrukostScones

Shrieker wrote:
11 Nov 2017, 17:03
FrukostScones wrote:
The 2nd.
must have been traumatic.
Finishing races is important, but racing is more important.

Shrieker

FrukostScones wrote:
11 Nov 2017, 17:50
Shrieker wrote:
11 Nov 2017, 17:03
FrukostScones wrote:
The 2nd.
must have been traumatic.
Yeah, when I was in the US for a brief period, I really wondered what it tasted like. Bought a big ass bottle, drank half a glass (both me and some of my friends) and the rest just went down the drain lol.
Education is that which allows a nation free, independent, reputable life, and function as a high society; or it condemns it to captivity and poverty.
-Atatürk

Sieper

Gheheh, had the same experience, only bought a can and didn't have more then a few zips, and I always finish my food/drinks.

The first one, Black with Black rims, just a spadding of burgundy. The subdued but big logo and the quadrofoglio really standing out. Very Nice!

DiogoBrand

I didn't even know that Ferrari logo was a hidden Marlboro advertisement, but I always hated how it looks.
I don't even care about tobacco sponsorship, as far as I'm concerned it could very well come back so teams would have more monies to spend. But that Ferrari logo looks awful.