The 2017 fugly nose thread

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
Holm86

Re: The 2017 fugly nose thread

turbof1 wrote:
cmF1 wrote:
santos wrote:Not the prettiest, but i though it would be worse like in 2014. The fin... that's not a fin. That's a Wall. It is huge...
I wonder who paid for that wall?.....
It's ironically sponsored by Mexican companies.
Maybe thats why it needs those massive nostrils as well, if you know what I mean :wink:

cmF1

=D>
プラスとマイナス

cmF1

Frafer wrote:Well...

プラスとマイナス

kooleracer
kooleracer

I don't F1 so much technology and smart people, but they can't make rules to prevent ugly noses and stepped noses. Come on, F1 cars need to appeal to the fans. The VJM-10 is just plain ugly, the FIA needs to really take look at the rules for 2018 no stubby noses or protruding noses. I does not look right and it is not appealing at all.
Irvine:"If you don't have a good car you can't win it, unless you are Michael or Senna. Lots of guys won in Adrian Newey's cars, big deal. Adrian is the real genius out there, there is Senna, there is Michael and there is Newey.They were the three great talents."

santos
santos

kooleracer wrote:I don't F1 so much technology and smart people, but they can't make rules to prevent ugly noses and stepped noses. Come on, F1 cars need to appeal to the fans. The VJM-10 is just plain ugly, the FIA needs to really take look at the rules for 2018 no stubby noses or protruding noses. I does not look right and it is not appealing at all.
How come on... it's ugly, but it's not supposed to be beautiful. We are always saying that the engineers should have more freedom to create, and you want rules that should ban this because it's ugly?

kooleracer
kooleracer

santos wrote:
kooleracer wrote:I don't F1 so much technology and smart people, but they can't make rules to prevent ugly noses and stepped noses. Come on, F1 cars need to appeal to the fans. The VJM-10 is just plain ugly, the FIA needs to really take look at the rules for 2018 no stubby noses or protruding noses. I does not look right and it is not appealing at all.
How come on... it's ugly, but it's not supposed to be beautiful. We are always saying that the engineers should have more freedom to create, and you want rules that should ban this because it's ugly?
I want to ban it because, all teams say nose design has very limited impact on car performance. Therefore I think the aesthetics of the car should overrule such a terrible nose design. F1 cars should appeal to everyone. Look at how MotoGP quickly banned the ugly wings. F1 should look at that and react quickly for next season.
Irvine:"If you don't have a good car you can't win it, unless you are Michael or Senna. Lots of guys won in Adrian Newey's cars, big deal. Adrian is the real genius out there, there is Senna, there is Michael and there is Newey.They were the three great talents."

wogx

The wings in MotoGP were dangerous, the nose isn't.
Kukułka zwyczajna, kukułka pospolita – nazwy ludowe: gżegżółka, zazula (Cuculus canorus) – gatunek średniego ptaka wędrownego z podrodziny kukułek (Cuculinae) w rodzinie kukułkowatych (Cuculidae). Jedyny w Europie Środkowej pasożyt lęgowy. Zamieszkuje strefę umiarkowaną.

cmF1

wogx wrote:The wings in MotoGP were dangerous, the nose isn't.
It's dangerous on my eyes!! :lol:
プラスとマイナス

PhillipM
PhillipM

santos wrote: How come on... it's ugly, but it's not supposed to be beautiful. We are always saying that the engineers should have more freedom to create, and you want rules that should ban this because it's ugly?
To be fair, it's the rules creating the ugly noses in the first place.

Phillyred
Phillyred

Should be interesting to see how these noses and shark fins evolve over the next few weeks until Melbourne.. Renault already stated the car they test on Monday will have new parts already and we can imagine the big teams will be constantly bringing new parts. Hopefully FI can keep up regardless of their relatively small budget. They have done an amazing job over the last few year with what little they have to spend considering both Williams and FI have the Merc power plant and Williams just hasn't gotten it right as of late.

GTO99

OMG! It's getting longer. :shock:
Force India should get Speedo as a sponsor. :lol:

ojlopez
ojlopez

Now that is a big camel toe! :mrgreen:

Sevach
Sevach

I hope Force India isn't too sucessful with this thing, god forbid if other teams started... copying it!!!

Just_a_fan
Just_a_fan

Force India must be in the running for the "Caterham Trophy" - given to the team with the most ridiculous nose treatment of the year.
If you are more fortunate than others, build a larger table not a taller fence.

krisfx
krisfx

kooleracer wrote:
santos wrote:
I want to ban it because, all teams say nose design has very limited impact on car performance. Therefore I think the aesthetics of the car should overrule such a terrible nose design. F1 cars should appeal to everyone. Look at how MotoGP quickly banned the ugly wings. F1 should look at that and react quickly for next season.
If you want cars that are styled first and designed to race second, go watch GT racing or touring cars. If it's fast but ugly, then who cares?

Function is always going to dictate form.