Poll: who will be ahead in 2018, McLaren-Renault or STR-Honda

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.

Who will have the better car in 2018, McLaren-Renault or STR-Honda?

Poll ended at 20 Dec 2017, 18:59

1. McLaren-Renault
72%
2. STR-Honda
28%

Total votes: 105

kptaylor
kptaylor

Re: Poll: who will be ahead in 2018, McLaren-Renault or STR-Honda

But that was the point of this whole thread, no?

Andres125sx

HPD wrote:
02 Jan 2019, 13:20
Seriously? Mclaren Honda already finished
Get over
Agree, but this thread is about McLaren-Renault vs STR-Honda, not sure where did you read anything about McLaren-Honda :mrgreen: :P

Anycase if you don´t like it you´re free to ignore this thread. Sorry but I hate people who try to tell other people what to think or what to talk about...

ME4ME

2018 is over. 2019 is here. Someone might as well start a new poll.

JordanMugen

Andres125sx wrote:
02 Jan 2019, 08:28
Sorry to those 29 votes for STR, but reality is Honda powered cars finished second to last, exactly the same to past season when they were powering McLaren :roll:
The performance of both teams once excluding "lucky" early season points of McLaren, are very similar.

The vast majority of McLaren's points were scored in the first 4 rounds -- even Vandoorne (the backmarker who McLaren dropped) scored points in three out of these four races!

Once these rounds are excluded, we can create a tally for the Spain through to Abu Dhabi rounds:
McLaren - Renault, 21 points
Toro Rosso - Honda, 20 points

A marginal difference suggesting parity between Honda and Renault power units, wouldn't you agree? :wink:

Andres125sx

No I won´t, actually that is probably one of the most biased analysis I have ever seen, let´s see what part of the season to remove to get the result I was willing to see #-o

Also, your maths are wrong, removing first 4 seasons McLaren scored 26 points

Capharol
Capharol

JordanMugen wrote:
05 Jan 2019, 22:57
Andres125sx wrote:
Sorry to those 29 votes for STR, but reality is Honda powered cars finished second to last, exactly the same to past season when they were powering McLaren :roll:
The performance of both teams once excluding "lucky" early season points of McLaren, are very similar.

The vast majority of McLaren's points were scored in the first 4 rounds -- even Vandoorne (the backmarker who McLaren dropped) scored points in three out of these four races!

Once these rounds are excluded, we can create a tally for the Spain through to Abu Dhabi rounds:

A marginal difference suggesting parity between Honda and Renault power units, wouldn't you agree? :wink:
why excluding races they drove?
these 4 races were driven by McLaren and Toro Rosso so should be counted for.
it's a bit of BS to start excluding races jst to frisk the numbers in the benefit of an other team

bauc

Nope as both chassis were Sh@t
Формула 1 на Македонски - The first ever Macedonian Formula 1 YouTube channel
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCJkjCv ... 6rVRgKASwg

ivanlesk
ivanlesk

JordanMugen wrote:
05 Jan 2019, 22:57
Andres125sx wrote:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
#-o #-o #-o #-o
Then you probably shoul only include Germany, or something similar.

Big Tea

TBH, I voted STR as a bit if a wind up, but I did think it would be quite close. What I, and probably the other 28 had not considered is that just when the engine was starting to cone good (well, not so bad if you insist)) they would drop out of the game in favour of developing next years RBR. I wish they had done a full season just so we could have a real idea of where the engine was and how much the car could have developed.

Now we will never know and I will never admit to voting for STR
When arguing with a fool, be sure the other person is not doing the same thing.

Andres125sx

I watched an interview with Sainz in Brazil or after Brazil where he said the bottom end of Honda is very good (as he said it I read it as it is better to Renault) but is lacking on higher gears, specially 7th and 8th. The comment was about the exit of last corner in Interlagos, the uphill and straight, STR moved away in first part from the corner exit, but then lose it when engaging last gears