Paradise Papers claim Hamilton avoided paying £3.27 million in tax on his jet

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
turbof1

Re: Paradise Papers claim Hamilton avoided paying £3.27 million in tax on his jet

PlatinumZealot wrote:
21 Nov 2017, 22:29
turbof1 wrote:
21 Nov 2017, 19:40
PlatinumZealot wrote:
21 Nov 2017, 19:12

Lewis private tax affairs are relevant to the FIA?? haha now that's pushing it!
Not Lewis in specific, but it would be for instance interesting what kind of structures FOM and Liberty have in place for tax optimisation.

And yeah, both the terms obscurance and technical are applicable for both F1 and tax structures.

I think from those viewpoints these are acceptable topics. We aren't world changers here, we are a group with a healthy obsession for things shrouded in mystery and complexity, getting satisfaction out of unraveling it.
So, Turbo. You are saying then that a thread on the metallurgy of Lewis Hamilton's earrings should be relevant to the technical side of Formula 1? because you know, engine metallurgy and all that... :?
I'm saying it is as relevant as topics like the livery threads. It's not our core interests, but does spark some people's interests none the less.
#AeroFrodo

3jawchuck
3jawchuck

Re: Paradise Papers claim Hamilton avoided paying £3.27 million in tax on his jet

turbof1 wrote:
21 Nov 2017, 22:51
PlatinumZealot wrote:
turbof1 wrote:
21 Nov 2017, 19:40

Not Lewis in specific, but it would be for instance interesting what kind of structures FOM and Liberty have in place for tax optimisation.

And yeah, both the terms obscurance and technical are applicable for both F1 and tax structures.

I think from those viewpoints these are acceptable topics. We aren't world changers here, we are a group with a healthy obsession for things shrouded in mystery and complexity, getting satisfaction out of unraveling it.
So, Turbo. You are saying then that a thread on the metallurgy of Lewis Hamilton's earrings should be relevant to the technical side of Formula 1? because you know, engine metallurgy and all that... :?
I'm saying it is as relevant as topics like the livery threads. It's not our core interests, but does spark some people's interests none the less.
And the earrings?
8)

turbof1

3jawchuck wrote:
21 Nov 2017, 23:11
turbof1 wrote:
21 Nov 2017, 22:51
PlatinumZealot wrote:

And the earrings?
8)
If you can find a small F1 stamp on them, or alternatively know the drag coefficient of them, or know the tax avoidance structure for them -of course linked to FOM-, then knock yourself out :D .

I'm going to patiently wait for someone to render some bling in CAD, just to prove a point to me.
#AeroFrodo

3jawchuck
3jawchuck

I'll be waiting for the F1T exclusive. CFD reveals Hamilton's bling brings him 0.1 second/lap/ear.

dans79

turbof1 wrote:
22 Nov 2017, 00:23
I'm going to patiently wait for someone to render some bling in CAD, just to prove a point to me.
Does this count? :D

https://3dwarehouse.sketchup.com/model/ ... d211b/Ring
197 104 103 7

ringo

This thread is embarrassing and should be in the off topic section.
Might as well we include Bernine, Max Mosley and Jean Todt into the discussion and have a big hullaballoo about Nazis and the Apocalypse and other matters not relating to formula1 at all.
For Sure!!

George-Jung
George-Jung

Yeah-

“Hamilton goes Vegan”

Would it also be relevant F1 news incase Hamilton turns out to be gay?

ringo

Lol. Then his "relationship" with Sutil would be back in the picture again. It would be more relevant than this thread. :lol:
For Sure!!