General Honda F1 Topic

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
Capharol
Capharol

Re: General Honda F1 Topic

Wazari wrote:
05 Feb 2019, 22:35
For those that haven't been to Aoyama:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p-CP_1mnrOQ
unfortunatly my japanese has gone a bit rusty :lol:

Alexf1
Alexf1

Dear Wazari. Good to hear from you. I've always been reading your posts with great interest. Any thoughts you might want to share with us on the upcoming season?

ivanlesk
ivanlesk

dren wrote:
06 Feb 2019, 15:04
He also said that Honda has made reasonable gains over the winter, which is good and to be expected. He said he's more concerned with performance than reliability at the moment and is willing to take strategic penalties through the year.
As every year. Nothing new there..

I just hope there wont be more than 1-2 penalties over the season...

amho

Wouter wrote:
06 Feb 2019, 11:08
Wazari wrote:
05 Feb 2019, 22:35
For those that haven't been to Aoyama:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p-CP_1mnrOQ
What a beautiful video! Thank you for sharing Wazari!
Such a shame that I do not understand Japanese. :(
I am so curious what they explain about it. :)
You can activate English subtitle...
There is no Might or Power except with Allah.

Wouter

amho wrote:
06 Feb 2019, 21:28
Wouter wrote:
06 Feb 2019, 11:08
What a beautiful video! Thank you for sharing Wazari!
Such a shame that I do not understand Japanese. :(
I am so curious what they explain about it. :)
Thank you very much @amho! I didn't know that. I just did, now I can watch and understand. :D
The Power of Dreams!

ispano6

The engine probably isn't the last raced spec?

They said the chassis/car was no.3, Hartleys that crashed at Canada and according to comments was rebuilt for Gasly to drive at the event at Motegi and has #10 on it instead.

I was just there in Aoyama in January but neither the NSX or F1 engine or STR13 were, darnit.

Snorked
Snorked

Wouter

Thank you for this Japanese interview with Asaki and Yamamoto about 2018 and what's coming next .
Can someone possibly translate the most important points?
That would be very nice. Thanks in advance.
The Power of Dreams!

mzso
mzso

ispano6 wrote:
03 Feb 2019, 21:42
He has been coy about the situation(paid well enough to keep quiet) and other teams have voiced their objection too. No amount of gardening leave will erase the important bits Renault was after from Budkowski. The objection voiced by other teams is more than valid.

“I had three months' notice, and we respected that even further, because we took [an extra] three months in Viry, which were removed from any activity.

“Whether it is enough or not is not for me to say, but I didn’t have any conscience issues about that.
It's interesting that this only came up now. He can't be forced for more than three months because of Swiss labor laws if I remember correctly.
So they should just make a rule, which makes it illegal for teams to hire a person like this for a more reasonable amount of time.
lio007 wrote:
03 Feb 2019, 21:49
Ah ... I somehow have the feeling that Renault has made a very decent step (thanks to Budkowski joining them). Though he is not a PU-expert, but it's very likely he has got a looooot of information during his work at FIA.

But I hope Honda has made even bigger improvements, because this Abiteboul-talk should finally come to an end.
I wouldn't bet on it. Renault never ceases to disappoint. I was hoping they'd make a significant leap for last years, mainly because I liked their driver pairing the most (also this year actually).

It seems like only a very capable leader can make them pull their stuff together. Maybe they should re-hire Briatore.

mzso
mzso

lio007 wrote:
06 Feb 2019, 07:11
Amazing how open Honda is with their PU to show it in public compared to the other 3.
I wouldn't say so. Until they make an all-mighty PU they can't lose much with it. Other did it better, or at most at the same level (Renault) as them.

mzso
mzso

amho wrote:
You mean the auto-translate gobbledygook, even worse that it's translated from voice-recognition.

Wouter

mzso wrote:
08 Feb 2019, 00:39
amho wrote:
You mean the auto-translate gobbledygook, even worse that it's translated from voice-recognition.
Even if the translation is bad, you can at least understand a lot of things that they talk about.
Without this translation, I would not be able to view the video. In any case, I am happy with his (@amho) answer .
The Power of Dreams!

jagunx51

make it happen Honda

............!!!!

ispano6

Wouter wrote:
07 Feb 2019, 21:20
Thank you for this Japanese interview with Asaki and Yamamoto about 2018 and what's coming next .
Can someone possibly translate the most important points?
That would be very nice. Thanks in advance.
In a nutshell:
Honda has seen the light.

Article states how bringing in Yamamoto and Araki have been instrumental.

Canada spec2 upgrade convinced Red Bull to use Honda PUs, though Marko and RB were already well involved with discussing the future of the PU development.

The interviewer asks whether or not a rumour that RB claim that Honda has gained or would like them to gain 50hp is true or not and he says RB has not stated anything about requesting specific power output. All they said is build the best engine you know how and we'll make the best chassis we know how.

They have told RB their goal is to match MB and Ferrari in 2019 (no mention of Renault)

This time with Honda and RB, it feels like how a works team should - the mood and spirit at the factory is up and the prospects of working with Red Bull has everyone motivated.

They would love more development time prior to the winter tests and round 1 but they will really need to run the car during winter testing to determine the development path for the year so they are eager to get going.

etusch

Thank you ispano6