General Honda F1 Topic

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
dxpetrov
dxpetrov

Re: General Honda F1 Topic

No pun intended, are we all using Google translation to communicate here? I'm getting really confused by trying to understand what ppl want to say...

Capharol
Capharol

dxpetrov wrote:
22 Feb 2019, 09:40
No pun intended, are we all using Google translation to communicate here? I'm getting really confused by trying to understand what ppl want to say...
that's what happens when ppl from different countries talk with eachother, some speak/write better english as others … just bare that in mind

muramasa
muramasa

IvailoStefanovBG wrote:
22 Feb 2019, 08:50
It was spontaneous. Cameras caught the moment live on F1 TV. Horner and Yamamoto weren't aware of cameras.
Good. I did see the scene but was not concentrating, not sure if it was replay or live either, but at least can know that scene was what Yamamoto is referring to in the article. Still just a bit skeptical tho because from the picture you can tell the camera is in the garage or in proximity not zoom from distance, and you know garage is very small.

HPD

ispano6 wrote:
22 Feb 2019, 06:19
Maybe we'll get to see Horner and Yamamoto jump in the Monaco pool naked together if they win!
"I hope to win in Monaco at the latest, if the Barcelona tests are going well, the performance and reliability of the Honda power unit and the combination with the Red Bull chassis is good, they will win from the opening race. that and I hope so "

"I definitely want to throw myself into that pool, I really want our staff to know what it's like to win in F1, if you get that experience and learn the process, the power unit can work even better with the chassis, but for now we need to do everything necessary Barcelona: How we are going to fight from Australia onwards depends on how the pre-season tests go
https://soymotor.com/noticias/honda-esp ... rde-960496
They will do it! :D

etusch

From news I read I think they will try to take victory as much as they can, their goal is wcc.

Alexf1
Alexf1

TR consistently one of the quickest through S2 speed trap all through the 2 tests (307kph on last day) and much quicker than RB and Renault powered cars there. Down to a low downforce setup or Honda party mode?

ivanlesk
ivanlesk

Alexf1 wrote:
03 Mar 2019, 09:41
TR consistently one of the quickest through S2 speed trap all through the 2 tests (307kph on last day) and much quicker than RB and Renault powered cars there. Down to a low downforce setup or Honda party mode?
Down to the testing....

restless
restless

Race sims for TR are not good ß see testing thread

Alexf1
Alexf1

ivanlesk wrote:
03 Mar 2019, 09:45
Alexf1 wrote:
03 Mar 2019, 09:41
Down to the testing....
Then they're testing a very good engine spec. I guess.
At last years qualifying only 2 had higher speed there

McMika98
McMika98

restless wrote:
https://i.imgur.com/EcwBpCO.png
Its testing. They are in the midfield no doubt. Haas looked very strong on final day with very little deg. Engine looking strong and reliable.

Godius

restless wrote:
https://i.imgur.com/EcwBpCO.png
If you look at STR and AR their stints it is obvious that they were not doing a real race simulation. Their second and third stint lap times were of the same pace compared to their first stint. I reckon that these two teams were evaluating how every compound would behave on race start fuel levels. A more realistic race simulation would btw be a 1 stop, that is what Mercedes and Ferrari did IIRC, Haas too btw.
Last edited by Godius on 03 Mar 2019, 17:03, edited 1 time in total.

Sieper

That would make perfect sense, they were exactly as fast as Haad in their first stint.

Marti_EF3

The great unknown will be where is RB right now?? I think they have not run a real race sim yet, and always with the C3...But the engine looks strong seeing what STR did, "only" 0,5 away of top teams with the C5, that may give an aprox. Idea of where the engine is, and I think they are on par or slightly above Renault... [-o<

Alexf1
Alexf1

Hope Honda is confident enough with the running of both teams to go full blast as of Melbourne.

Hino
Hino

Red Bull/Toro Rosso Honda Event in Japan on March 9th starts at 10:30am Japan time/UTC 1:30am