General Honda F1 Topic

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
Sieper

Re: General Honda F1 Topic

That is true, I own a can Of red bull and I couldn’t care less If RBR does well, it is the non owners of red bull cans who are the enthusiasts. I know many other red bull can owners who feel the same.

Squid
Squid

Sieper wrote:
05 Feb 2018, 22:21
That is true, I own a can Of red bull and I couldn’t care less If RBR does well, it is the non owners of red bull cans who are the enthusiasts. I know many other red bull can owners who feel the same.
Personally I sold my Red Bull can collection in 2012 because everyone I showed it to started calling be a bandwagoner and I didn't want to be associated with their F1 domination anymore. I've since invested this money in a budding CNC machine collection, but after Haas' poor performance last year, I'm starting to think about selling it and instead buying into Kingfisher beer bottles.

Squid wrote:
05 Feb 2018, 22:28

Personally I sold my Red Bull can collection in 2012 because everyone I showed it to started calling be a bandwagoner and I didn't want to be associated with their F1 domination anymore. I've since invested this money in a budding CNC machine collection, but after Haas' poor performance last year, I'm starting to think about selling it and instead buying into Kingfisher beer bottles.
:lol: :lol:

I thought maybe you'd stock your closet with offerings from Tommy Hilfiger now...

HPD

Honda (President) who had been visiting the Delhi motor show, which started on February 7 th (Thursday)

"As we are withdrawing from F1, Or they will either have their own team. "

Toro Rosso is the most promising as a candidate for acquisition by Honda,
It is said that rumors are almost at the stage where routes are settled.
However, there are also rumors that negotiations with Red Bull and Williams are ongoing.

However, Hachiro did not raise a specific team name but only answered as follows.

"We are doing a detailed assessment and we are still negotiating."
Sorry for the translation, it's all I could get.

lio007

Just saw that McLaren-Amazon-episodes.
I really got the impression that communiction between McLaren and Honda was pretty bad. The scene when the McLaren guy asked for the drawing was a bit weird.

I think the different native languages don't make communications easier. Does anybody know if english in Japan is not so common or isn't taught in school?
Or do we only get this impression (that Japanese people can't speek or understand english properly) only by this episodes?

I really hope Toro Rosso is doing better and communications are going to be more smoothly.

Squid
Squid

lio007 wrote:
10 Feb 2018, 21:33
I really got the impression that communiction between McLaren and Honda was pretty bad. The scene when the McLaren guy asked for the drawing was a bit weird.

I think the different native languages don't make communications easier. Does anybody know if english in Japan is not so common or isn't taught in school?
Or do we only get this impression (that Japanese people can't speek or understand english properly) only by this episodes?

I really hope Toro Rosso is doing better and communications are going to be more smoothly.
Keep in mind that this series was made to tell the story from McLaren's side. It's pretty biased.

bigblue

Hey, there's a separate thread for that series ! (viewtopic.php?f=1&t=27007).

One thing I've been meaning to mention is that F1 encompasses engineering, finance and politics, and Honda seem to have completely failed in one of these disciplines. OK, maybe two, but let's ignore the engineering bit for now, they'll come good this year ! I think that Mercedes and Ferrari have a stranglehold on the politics side. Everyone was running around shouting about "the good of the sport" and how more manufacturers would be a good thing, and how losing Honda would be awful, and before all that, about leveling the performance playing field. Well, doing so artificially would never appeal to Honda, but things like allowing a bit more testing, perhaps for new entrants until they reach some defined level, maybe allowing more flexibility on a Friday - anything that would give a new entrant a small helping hand to allow them to haul themselves up into a decently competitive situation never happened. Then, to cap it all, the three engine rule was introduced even though Honda and Renault were really struggling last season. I really don't see the sense in that rule. Personally I think everyone should be allowed more engines, say each has to last four races or so (already a pretty conservative amount - anyone remember qualifying engines ?). Anyway, Honda / STR / Red Bull need to up their influence with the FIA and F1 management, else we're locked into rules that suit the big two.

Talisman
Talisman

I wouldn't expect Honda to raise their game in terms of improving their political engagement with F1. As everyone knows F1 is slightly set apart from the real world in terms of governance and decision making and Honda has always accepted that they are pretty clueless in this regard. Hence why they relied on motorsports veterans to navigate that world for them, partnering with Williams then McLaren before having David Richards then Ross Brawn represent them before finally coming back with Ron. Ross Brawn's comments about working with Honda are enlightening, he makes it clear that Tokyo had no intention whatsoever to deal with Bernie and therefore redirected any communications from FOM back to Ross to deal with, ditto the FIA.

Given that Honda are now partnered with STR, hardly a political Goliath in F1, I expect them to have minimal political influence even if they wanted to.

makecry
makecry

techman wrote:
11 Feb 2018, 06:21
I just hope a redbull honda in 2019. for me its the best route to a title . mclaren renault will never win a title. so to win a title with redbull honda will just throw eggs on mclaren faces.
Where did McLaren touch you? You can tell us by pointing at a mannequin.

Manoah2u
Manoah2u

does the unneccesary hatred for either Mclaren or Honda ever stop? man.

You know, i really hope that in the end it's going to be a battle for 4th between Mclaren-Renault and Toro Rosso - Honda and end up on equal points.Just to stop all the cr*p coming out over nothing, and to show both Mclaren aswell as Toro Rosso are capable, just as much as both Honda and Renault are capable, and that in the end, switching between either Renault or Honda would have made performance-wise either little difference, or at the very least,
the combination Mclaren-Renault works just as much as the combo ToroRosso-Honda works.

man.

Just live on, Mclaren's with Renautl now, Toro Rosso with Honda.
really the end of it.
"Explain the ending to F1 in football terms"
"Hamilton was beating Verstappen 7-0, then the ref decided F%$& rules, next goal wins
while also sending off 4 Hamilton players to make it more interesting"

Nova
Nova

HPD wrote:
08 Feb 2018, 23:10
Honda (President) who had been visiting the Delhi motor show, which started on February 7 th (Thursday)

However, there are also rumors that negotiations with Red Bull and Williams are ongoing.

However, Hachiro did not raise a specific team name but only answered as follows.

I would assume it say "Either we acquire our own f1 team or we withdraw from f1?"

Squid
Squid

HPD wrote:
08 Feb 2018, 23:10

What's the original source? I'd like to take a crack at it at translating it.

HPD

I do not have the source, it's from a Japanese forum. Usually, they publish the article citation and not the link.
I think that Honda is basically interested in buying TR if it can not ensure its permanence with any team in 2021

shady
shady

Squid wrote:
10 Feb 2018, 23:20
lio007 wrote:
10 Feb 2018, 21:33

Keep in mind that this series was made to tell the story from McLaren's side. It's pretty biased.
Yeah becuase missing deadlines for the floor and other components werent highlighte.. It wasnt unbiased but lets be honest, McLaren didnt paint themselves as innocent victims.

McHonda
McHonda

Yeah I think the limited Honda input in the documentary could've led to it being very one sided and biased but I don't think it did at all. We learned new negative things about McLaren like the floor and some other things while it highlighted how awkward and un-work status like the relationship looked which I think personally has led to a bit more sympathy, or at least some more understanding, of Honda's struggles since their return.

It certainly wasn't the hatchet job that I think some people feared.