General Honda F1 Topic

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
sn809
sn809

Re: General Honda F1 Topic

PlatinumZealot wrote:
04 Mar 2020, 17:26
Honda seems to be closer to Alfa Tauri than RedBull in all of their marketing media. It's almost like "their team" in a way.
Maybe they are priming it for a take over. Lets be honest, RB has Aston this yr, should be better next year though :)

Hino
Hino

sn809 wrote:
05 Mar 2020, 04:19
PlatinumZealot wrote:
Honda seems to be closer to Alfa Tauri than RedBull in all of their marketing media. It's almost like "their team" in a way.
Maybe they are priming it for a take over. Lets be honest, RB has Aston this yr, should be better next year though :)
Maybe Honda have a stake in Alpha Tauri...

etusch

I remember that Tost or another Toro Rosso man asked will you feel as second team of Honda after Redbull Honda deal. He said No and we have a good role to clean their bad image of last 3 years. So they feel a bit more thankfull to us.
Of course these are what I remember from it and my own interpretation
Toro Rosso is base of current situation with their efforts of communication and collobaration with Honda.

Jambier

Thing is that "Red Bull" wants to promote... Red Bull drinks.
And also promote Aston Martin sponsor.

So for first year, with a bit of fear on the engine, Honda was almost invisible.
This year logos are much bigger

And I hope for 2021 with departure of Aston we could see a big "HONDA" on the rear spoiler or something like this.

Toro rosso was different, there is no point to promote this name, so no problem to have a more "Honda" car.

This year with the nice red Honda on the side, on the nose, the white color, the AT is feeling a bit like a Honda

mzso
mzso

PlatinumZealot wrote:
I think Tost was just told to give good PR to Honda from the start. He always praises them gratuitously.

GhostF1
GhostF1

Jambier wrote:
05 Mar 2020, 12:50
Thing is that "Red Bull" wants to promote... Red Bull drinks.
And also promote Aston Martin sponsor.

So for first year, with a bit of fear on the engine, Honda was almost invisible.
This year logos are much bigger

And I hope for 2021 with departure of Aston we could see a big "HONDA" on the rear spoiler or something like this.

Toro rosso was different, there is no point to promote this name, so no problem to have a more "Honda" car.

This year with the nice red Honda on the side, on the nose, the white color, the AT is feeling a bit like a Honda
I think RBR is starting to serenade Honda a little bit in effort to entice them to stay in the sport, more so now the Aston deal is ending after this year, makes it easier. Yamamoto said he was surprised to see the Honda logo's front and side on the RB16 were dramatically increased in size... which is interesting, implies this was done without request or equivalent monies trading hands from Honda. As such I'm sort of expecting the RB17 to be have Honda plastered on it, wing/sides/front. Likely in Red with white background maybe. I read the change to a red Honda Hybrid logo on the sides of the AT01 was a request from Honda. Glad it happened. Looks the goods!

HPD

Wouter

Looking ahead to 2020

A new year, and a new set of expectations for the two Honda-powered teams as Aston Martin Red Bull Racing and Scuderia AlphaTauri prepare to head to Australia for the opening race of the 2020 season.

It feels like as good a time as any to reflect on progress since this time last year, as 12 months ago we were getting ready for our first season in partnership with Red Bull, and first time supplying two teams since returning to the sport in 2015.

Masashi Yamamoto - Honda F1 Managing Director - has overseen the busy period and was encouraged by where we found ourselves at the end of last season given the aims at the start of it.

- - - - - - -
https://en.hondaracingf1.com/insights/L ... _2020.html
The Power of Dreams!

etusch

Honda "confident" F1 start weakness addressed
https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/hond ... l/4731967/

etusch

Wazari

Strange times. A few of us went to dinner to last night after leaving the Sakura facility. We all mentioned how strange it was not having one race done at this point and prepping for race two. Work at Sakura is as usual and development and testing continue in the F1 division. The biggest change is not having any race data to analyze. Looking back, this current F1 saga has been quite a journey. Extremely painful with some rewards finally coming last year. Had you told me that RBR would be using Honda PU's at the start of 2015, I would have thought, "No way......." 2020 looked so promising and now we aren't even sure if there will be a single race run this year. I certainly hope so but at this point who knows?

I am plugging away at a road car project as more or less a "freelance consultant" at HRD. Things are fun and exciting here but I already miss the sight, sounds, feel and smell of F1 racing. Everyone stay safe and wash your hands.
“If Honda does not race, there is no Honda.”

“Success represents the 1% of your work which results from the 99% that is called failure.”

-- Honda Soichiro

yener

Thank for sharing this with us Wazari. It really does kinda strange. We were all really excited to see the car and the Honda PU performing, but well have to wait!

Keep save :)
"Life is about passions - Thank you for sharing mine" MSC

etusch

Thank you Wazari san. I saw a news that new celendar is ready and starts with bakü gp at 7th june.
And question.
What do you think about affects of this delay. I think it is an advantage for mercedes which has reliability issues. Will it benefit Honda too for more mature Engine or something else can be developed more.
or is there a bad affect of being lack of track data

Wouter

etusch wrote:
18 Mar 2020, 08:46
I saw a news that new celendar is ready and starts with bakü gp at 7th june.
The new calendar is not yet known at all! This cannot be discussed at all in this uncertain time.

Turkish Motorsport has posted your posted calendar, which they have taken over from Auto, Motor und Sport,
but AMuS has said that that could maybe/ possibly be a possibility, because they absolutely do not know
whether they will be can race again, because the situation around the world is very uncertain!
The Power of Dreams!

Capharol
Capharol

Wouter wrote:
18 Mar 2020, 09:48
etusch wrote:
18 Mar 2020, 08:46
I saw a news that new celendar is ready and starts with bakü gp at 7th june.
The new calendar is not yet known at all! This cannot be discussed at all in this uncertain time.

Turkish Motorsport has posted your posted calendar, which they have taken over from Auto, Motor und Sport,
but AMuS has said that that could maybe/ possibly be a possibility, because they absolutely do not know
whether they will be can race again, because the situation around the world is very uncertain!
thank you Wouter....

i can't understand why ppl taking everything as given when a mediaoutlet post such news.... same with the news on Facebook and Twitter.

ppl need to start thinking for themselves again, not every news is the truth