Amazon Prime "Grand Prix Driver"

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
TAG

Amazon Prime "Grand Prix Driver"

You guys heard about this? I already get Prime so I'll be checking it out. But I think there's a much bigger picture developing here. It feels like an interesting experiment, monetizing access to what's normally a very secretive sport behind the scenes. I can see a few more years of this with Ferrari, Mercedes, Red Bull...

माकडाच्या हाती कोलीत

Moose

Re: Amazon Prime "Grand Prix Driver"

TAG wrote:
02 Feb 2018, 05:25
You guys heard about this? I already get Prime so I'll be checking it out. But I think there's a much bigger picture developing here. It feels like an interesting experiment, monetizing access to what's normally a very secretive sport behind the scenes. I can see a few more years of this with Ferrari, Mercedes, Red Bull...

https://youtu.be/pVCwf6__yB0
My bet is that we're going to see a McLaren in bright orange with this on the rear wing when it launches:

bauc

Thats a solid bet, as for the series thank you for opening a new thread as this could poison the Mclaren and Honda threads will endless debate. How many shows will this have? will it be a series or just one long documentary?
Формула 1 на Македонски - The first ever Macedonian Formula 1 YouTube channel
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCJkjCv ... 6rVRgKASwg

ivanlesk

As I can see season 1 has 4 episodes.
Dunno of all of them are about McLaren, but i think so.

NathanOlder

When does it start ?
GoLandoGo
Lewis v2.0
King George has arrived.

New found love for GT racing with Assetto Corsa Competizione on PS5 & PC

garyjpaterson

NathanOlder wrote:
02 Feb 2018, 12:02
When does it start ?
Feb 9th I think. Not sure why the Amazon page doesn't show a release date (that I could see anyway), i had to google it.

NathanOlder

Yeah. Just watched the trailer on youtube. Feb 9th is correct
GoLandoGo
Lewis v2.0
King George has arrived.

New found love for GT racing with Assetto Corsa Competizione on PS5 & PC

adrianjordan

Look forward to this.

Having just read Adrian Newey's book, it would be quite interesting for someone to make a documentary based on his career...
Favourite driver: Lando Norris
Favourite team: McLaren

Turned down the chance to meet Vettel at Silverstone in 2007. He was a test driver at the time and I didn't think it was worth queuing!! 🤦🏻‍♂️

ivanlesk

Or history of F1 in general.

Joseki

All 4 episodes are out. Frankly embarrassing from a technical point of view for Honda.

It also confirmed what I was told last year: McLaren was behind schedule and the car on the simulator wasn't really ok.

bauc

Joseki wrote:
09 Feb 2018, 17:31
All 4 episodes are out. Frankly embarrassing from a technical point of view for Honda.

It also confirmed what I was told last year: McLaren was behind schedule and the car on the simulator wasn't really ok.
Did you watch it on Amazon or?
Формула 1 на Македонски - The first ever Macedonian Formula 1 YouTube channel
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCJkjCv ... 6rVRgKASwg

Joseki

I saw it on Amazon, I have a Prime account because I'm a compulsive shopper :lol:

the EDGE

Joseki wrote:
09 Feb 2018, 17:31

I disagree with your simulator statement, there was one small snippet when Stoffel said the rear was unbalanced but I think that was down to set-up changes they were working through. I’m not saying your wrong, but It’s a leap to say the car on the sim was not good from that small clip

Having to cancel the Silverstone shakedown and nearly missing test because of the floor and other parts not being ready does however show that McLaren were not organis d. At least Honda turned up with their engine on time!

I expected to watch a documentary about McLaren being dynamic, focused & on top of their game, it was not the impression I was left with.

When the directors were told only 80% chance of it being ready, quite frankly their response was disgraceful, like they didn’t even care

It was however a fascinating piece of work which gave an outstanding insight into what really goes on. I loved the bit about the agreement between teams on release dates, never herd about that before

Fernando was great, I liked it when he was with the PR guy and asked about overtakes, “less, but I will say let’s wait and see” classic! He really knows that game well

RonDennis

That facility looks amazing.

Snorked

It didn't go into an enough detail on the problems encountered. Honda personnel only had about 20 secs of talking time (not including car launch bits), it was a very disappointing series.

Why didn't the engine and gearbox mate in the first place? Who messed up the pins?

Why were McLaren only in the process of preparing and sending a test chassis for Honda's dyno in Japan after they had received the engine?