Michael Schumacher

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
wesley123
wesley123

Re: Michael Schumacher

Wass85 wrote:
15 Oct 2019, 20:09
You have to think if he was alert and coherent he would have likely been spotted out somewhere by now. He's more than likely in a similar state to Eddie Kidd if not worse as Kidd had made appearances in this space of time.
Why? He has in coma for at least 5 years, I'm fairly certain you don't just wake up and walk away. That he hasn't showed up anywhere has a few simple explanations;
1. He wouldn't be able to cope with the stress.
2. Depending on which part(s) are damaged in the brain he might function less.
3. There'll probably be quite a loss of muscle, making it physically impossible.
4. He'll need to adjust, a lot.

Just because you're "alert and coherent" does not mean you'll be capable for the outside world.
"Bite my shiny metal ass" - Bender

Wass85
Wass85

wesley123 wrote:
02 Nov 2019, 13:49
Wass85 wrote:
You have to think if he was alert and coherent he would have likely been spotted out somewhere by now. He's more than likely in a similar state to Eddie Kidd if not worse as Kidd had made appearances in this space of time.
Why? He has in coma for at least 5 years, I'm fairly certain you don't just wake up and walk away. That he hasn't showed up anywhere has a few simple explanations;
3. There'll probably be quite a loss of muscle, making it physically impossible.

Just because you're "alert and coherent" does not mean you'll be capable for the outside world.
You are assuming he's been in a coma for that amount of time though.

wesley123
wesley123

Wass85 wrote:
02 Nov 2019, 13:53
wesley123 wrote:
Wass85 wrote:

He might have been one of the most succesful F1 drivers in history, he's still not superhuman.

It means very little in this context if he was one, two, three, four or five years in coma, the points still apply.
"Bite my shiny metal ass" - Bender

Wass85
Wass85

wesley123 wrote:
02 Nov 2019, 13:55
Wass85 wrote:
02 Nov 2019, 13:53
wesley123 wrote:

He might have been one of the most succesful F1 drivers in history, he's still not superhuman.

It means very little in this context if he was one, two, three, four or five years in coma, the points still apply.
At the end of the day we can all speculate but I think it's safe to say he will never be the Michael Schumacher of old.