Will Schumacher's Race Win and WDC records be broken?

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.

Are Schumacher's WDC and Win records under threat of being eclipsed?

Will the 7 WDC record be broken?
3%
Will the 91 Victory record be broken?
26%
Neither record will be broken.
12%
Both records will be broken.
59%

Total votes: 172

Wass85
Wass85

Re: Will Schumacher's Race Win and WDC records be broken?

Just_a_fan wrote:
13 Apr 2020, 11:29
Wass85 wrote:
13 Apr 2020, 11:22
Just_a_fan wrote:
13 Apr 2020, 11:21

As next year replaces this year, the chances are pretty much the same. The huge change of rules that's coming is the biggest risk to his record "attempt". If Mercedes drop the ball with the new cars then that'll be the end of the title runs. Next year is basically this year's car so the chances with that car are the same as if they had run normally this year.
He's not getting any younger though, his record attempt would benefit if he can get a shot this season.
I don't think he's so old that he'll physically struggle. It's all mental fitness / drive at this level really as they're all physically silly-fit anyway. And does anyone think that Hamilton will have suddenly lost the drive to win more races/titles? The drivers will all still be doing physical training in their private gyms etc.
I hope you're right, I hope he keeps winning until he retires. The only negative is I can only see him retiring when he does finally get beat.

bill shoe
bill shoe

The last N-th degree of self-motivation is very subtle and very difficult to achieve, but it can easily be the difference between champion vs. 2nd-place. Keeping it is not as simple as having your own gym and trainer.

Nico Rosberg was able to beat Hamilton for the first 6 or 7 races in a row at the beginning of 2016, despite Hamilton clearly having slightly more ultimate talent. Hamilton then got his motivation and mojo back but was never able to catch-up and ended up losing the 2016 championship to Nico.

I can easily imagine Lewis losing that last smidge of motivation during a full year off, while the young tigers (Verstappen, Leclerc) stay hungry because they've never won a championship. I think COVID-19 definitely increases the challenge for Lewis to make himself the GOAT.

PlatinumZealot

That's not how i remembered it! I think Nico was lucky to win it that year, but at the same time he did enough to more than deserve it.
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

ENGINE TUNER
ENGINE TUNER

bill shoe wrote:
13 Apr 2020, 16:36
The last N-th degree of self-motivation is very subtle and very difficult to achieve, but it can easily be the difference between champion vs. 2nd-place. Keeping it is not as simple as having your own gym and trainer.

Nico Rosberg was able to beat Hamilton for the first 6 or 7 races in a row at the beginning of 2016, despite Hamilton clearly having slightly more ultimate talent. Hamilton then got his motivation and mojo back but was never able to catch-up and ended up losing the 2016 championship to Nico.

I can easily imagine Lewis losing that last smidge of motivation during a full year off, while the young tigers (Verstappen, Leclerc) stay hungry because they've never won a championship. I think COVID-19 definitely increases the challenge for Lewis to make himself the GOAT.
Absolutely false, nico won the first 4 races if 2016. Ham won pole in Australia, nico pushed them both wide losing positions for both of them. Bottas hit Hamilton from behind in Bahrain and then Hamilton had engine troubles that made him start last in China and 10th in Russia. After Rosberg took them out in spain, Hamilton won 6 of the next 7. No wonder your conclusions are so wrong, they are based on incorrect information.

ENGINE TUNER
ENGINE TUNER

PlatinumZealot wrote:
13 Apr 2020, 19:29
That's not how i remembered it! I think Nico was lucky to win it that year, but at the same time he did enough to more than deserve it.
He did not deserve it, but he lucked into it.

zeph
zeph

This whole Covid-19 is a conspiracy to stop Hamilton from breaking Schuey’s records
/s

Wass85
Wass85

zeph wrote:
13 Apr 2020, 20:29
This whole Covid-19 is a conspiracy to stop Hamilton from breaking Schuey’s records
/s
5G says you're talking rubbish.... 😂

Just_a_fan
Just_a_fan

Wass85 wrote:
13 Apr 2020, 20:38
zeph wrote:
/s
5G says you're talking rubbish.... 😂
Now that is funny. =D> :lol: :lol:
If you are more fortunate than others, build a larger table not a taller fence.

bill shoe
bill shoe

ENGINE TUNER wrote:
13 Apr 2020, 20:05
No wonder your conclusions are so wrong, they are based on incorrect information.
OK, Nico won "only" 4 races to start that season. My conclusion-
The last N-th degree of self-motivation is very subtle and very difficult to achieve, but it can easily be the difference between champion vs. 2nd-place
Nico was extremely self-motivated and tough over his last two seasons, to the point of being an @sshole on track, but that's what's required to win a World Championship against Lewis in an equal car. Do you think Botas has shown the same level of self-motivation as Nico did? Clearly not, and this is why Botas has never seriously challenged Lewis for a championship. I think Nico also did Lewis a favor by eventually getting Lewis in the mindset to show up at every race weekend at 100%. If it helps, Lewis is a bad@ss and has earned all his many championships.

GPR-A

bill shoe wrote:
14 Apr 2020, 05:01
Nico was extremely self-motivated and tough over his last two seasons, to the point of being an @sshole on track, but that's what's required to win a World Championship against Lewis in an equal car, along with loads of reliability issues for Lewis' car.
Corrected your statement there.

Wass85
Wass85

GPR-A wrote:
14 Apr 2020, 07:21
bill shoe wrote:
Nico was extremely self-motivated and tough over his last two seasons, to the point of being an @sshole on track, but that's what's required to win a World Championship against Lewis in an equal car, along with loads of reliability issues for Lewis' car.
So basically you're saying it's just the car?

On the other hand I doubt you will say the same for Lewis' titles?

Hammer44
Hammer44

Wass85 wrote:
14 Apr 2020, 10:48
GPR-A wrote:
bill shoe wrote:

Rosberg only won because Hamilton suffered many reliability issues simple as that. Everyone knows that you don't rate Hamilton so stop posting nonsense that make you look like an idiot.

mclaren111

zeph wrote:
/s

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Just_a_fan
Just_a_fan

Wass85 wrote:
GPR-A wrote:
bill shoe wrote:
No one can win anything with the car parked on the grass. Doesn't matter who they are.
If you are more fortunate than others, build a larger table not a taller fence.

Wass85
Wass85

Hammer44 wrote:
14 Apr 2020, 12:16
Wass85 wrote:
GPR-A wrote:

Rosberg only won because Hamilton suffered many reliability issues simple as that. Everyone knows that you don't rate Hamilton so stop posting nonsense that make you look like an idiot.
What about those weekends that he fluffed when his car didn't have issues you idiot?