Livery thread 18/19 edition

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
Manoah2u
Manoah2u

Re: Livery thread 18/19 edition

could have been this. should have been this.

or this.
"Explain the ending to F1 in football terms"
"Hamilton was beating Verstappen 7-0, then the ref decided F%$& rules, next goal wins
while also sending off 4 Hamilton players to make it more interesting"

bosyber
bosyber

That second one looks quite standard Williams boring to me, very much like the pvdsa cars. Will admit the red is done better than those.

First one looks good, but I really like the new lighter blue Williams used as an addition to the grid

ScottB
ScottB

Think I shared this in last year's livery thread, but worth doing so again...

https://medium.com/@jonrowlandson/desig ... 15931be026

A very interesting read from the guy who designed the original Haas livery, and a great insight into the realities of any design process for those of you who haven't done design work professionally.

The short version of that is, creatives don't get to work in a vacuum, they don't get to win every argument. I'm sure many an awesome looking real livery will have been torpedoed by a sponsors demands or an accountant saying it wasn't cost effective to paint that many parts a given colour and so on. Fan liveries are great, and there are some amazing ones in this thread, and my kudos to those who made them, but they exist in a vacuum. Don't think the designers at Williams or Racing Point couldn't do the same if they were let off the leash!

GTO99

_djc wrote:
04 Feb 2019, 22:33
https://mir-s3-cdn-cf.behance.net/proje ... 587ed3.jpg

Racing Point concept - not sure if 'SportPesa' is an additional sponsor, or to replace BWT? (Work well together)
Yours is a lot better than the real one.

ispano6

WIP RB15 2019+Launch Livery. Still working on bargeboards and rearwing.

Morteza

Found these on Instagram

MCL34 with 2007 Vodafone livery

W10 with Marlboro livery
"A fool thinks himself to be wise, but a wise man knows himself to be a fool."~William Shakespeare

Manoah2u
Manoah2u

Morteza wrote:
04 Jun 2019, 10:44

MCL34 with 2007 Vodafone livery

ImageImageImageImageImage
"Hamilton was beating Verstappen 7-0, then the ref decided F%$& rules, next goal wins

NathanOlder

That car would win every race this year. Mercedes Power and reliability with Bridgestone tires. Game over.
GoLandoGo
Lewis v2.0
King George has arrived.

New found love for GT racing with Assetto Corsa Competizione on PS5 & PC

Manoah2u
Manoah2u

NathanOlder wrote:
11 Jun 2019, 00:02
That car would win every race this year. Mercedes Power and reliability with Bridgestone tires. Game over.
It's funny though if you think of it, if Mercedes did NOT opt to buy Brawn, and instead, invest all they did into Mclaren, which means, Toto and Lowe would have been at Mclaren. They'd miss Brawn in the equation, or perhaps, they even lured Brawn into Mclaren and sold BrawnGP to what, StefanGP, or whatever.

Then it would not have been AMG Mercedes being dominant,
it would have been that very Mclaren Mercedes combo. Imagine then Schumacher having been alongside Hamilton.

To be honest, i see a lot of late 90's and early 2000's Mclaren in the Mercedes F1 team. Hell, they've got the silver cars anyway, just missing the WEST on the side. They even have a Fin!

Jolle
Jolle

Manoah2u wrote:
11 Jun 2019, 00:18
NathanOlder wrote:
11 Jun 2019, 00:02
It's funny though if you think of it, if Mercedes did NOT opt to buy Brawn, and instead, invest all they did into Mclaren, which means, Toto and Lowe would have been at Mclaren. They'd miss Brawn in the equation, or perhaps, they even lured Brawn into Mclaren and sold BrawnGP to what, StefanGP, or whatever.

Then it would not have been AMG Mercedes being dominant,
it would have been that very Mclaren Mercedes combo. Imagine then Schumacher having been alongside Hamilton.

To be honest, i see a lot of late 90's and early 2000's Mclaren in the Mercedes F1 team. Hell, they've got the silver cars anyway, just missing the WEST on the side. They even have a Fin!
Mercedes actually sold McLaren back to their original shareholders when they bought Brawn...

Haug tried to get Schumacher back to Mercedes a couple of times when Ferrari wasn’t performing yet.

f1316
f1316

Morteza wrote:
04 Jun 2019, 10:44

W10 with Marlboro livery
https://i.imgur.com/9F7T9Hn.jpg
I’ve always wanted to see a Mclaren livery where it’s a similar pattern to the Marlboro one, but with the following changes:

1. the chevron is changed to Mclaren ‘Swoosh’ logo
2. The white parts are changed to chrome
3. The red parts are changed to papaya

That would marry the three main elements of their history and yet also incorporate the logo rather than the tobacco sponsor that they’d obviously need to distance themselves from a bit.

GM7

My last creation, if anyone want my 2021 patern i can share it :)