F1 2020 Pre-Season Testing Thread

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
nevill3

F1 2020 Pre-Season Testing Thread

Already looking forward to this winters tests. The FIA have introduced a ban on using screens during testing to hide the new cars.
FIA Formula One World Championship

The Council approved a number of changes to the 2020 Technical and Sporting Regulations, including:
  • Wording relating to the sampling and testing of fuel at the events to incorporate reference declarations
  • The reinstatement of the chequered flag as the definitive end-of-race signal
  • Wording to prevent teams from covering their cars during winter testing, in order to make these events more appealing to the media and fans
https://www.fia.com/news/fia-announces- ... cisions-16
Sent from my Commodore PET in 1978

MtthsMlw

Re: F1 2020 Pre-Season Testing Thread

F1TV will most likely show the first three days live, no word yet on the second three.

Capharol

Sky Sport F1 will show the tests aswell as i understood them at the AbuDhabi GP

nevill3

Yes I heard that too, they said they will have coverage during the day with a round up show in the evenings
Sent from my Commodore PET in 1978

NathanOlder

great! get those days booked off work!
GoLandoGo
Lewis v2.0
King George has arrived.

New found love for GT racing with Assetto Corsa Competizione on PS5 & PC

Capharol

i wish i had the money to go .....

nzjrs

I'm seriously thinking of going. What are sensible accommodation options considering getting to the circuit, when one doesn't have a car?

NathanOlder

nzjrs wrote:
21 Dec 2019, 20:33
I'm seriously thinking of going. What are sensible accommodation options considering getting to the circuit, when one doesn't have a car?
Just stay anywhere in Barcelona City
center and you can get a train to Montmelo and then walk to the circuit. Simple and fairly cheap.
GoLandoGo
Lewis v2.0
King George has arrived.

New found love for GT racing with Assetto Corsa Competizione on PS5 & PC

PlatinumZealot

Where to get tickets?
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

MtthsMlw

PlatinumZealot wrote:
27 Dec 2019, 21:01
Where to get tickets?
https://proticketing.com/circuitcat/en_ ... ento/16882

PlatinumZealot

I got of the hamster wheel of nine to five and doing consultancy work now... Hmm. I should have some time on my hands... Lol
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

MtthsMlw

What I'm excited for is that teams are not allowed to use screens in front of their garages in testing.
Only when the floor is off or when the car has to be repaired after a crash.
Don't have to wait till Melbourne for some better technical photos.

Big Tea

Guys, I do not have skyF1, and as I live in UK cannot get F1-F1, so am I allowed to ask if there is an illicit way to follow the test sessions (with vid) ?

Understandably, it is frowned on to discus things like this, but I have little other option.
When arguing with a fool, be sure the other person is not doing the same thing.

LM10

Big Tea wrote:
10 Jan 2020, 00:44
Guys, I do not have skyF1, and as I live in UK cannot get F1-F1, so am I allowed to ask if there is an illicit way to follow the test sessions (with vid) ?

Understandably, it is frowned on to discus things like this, but I have little other option.
If SkyF1 broadcasts it, you'll surely find some streams on the Internet. If not, there always are people filming the action on track and doing YouTube-live-streams on their own (at least until they it gets banned).
What I've done the last couple of years was to open such a private stream in addition to some good live ticker and live timing (also on YouTube). Then you should be perfectly fine.

But this year there should be streams available on classical streaming sites because of Sky officially broadcasting it.

Big Tea

LM10 wrote:
10 Jan 2020, 01:13
Big Tea wrote:
10 Jan 2020, 00:44

If SkyF1 broadcasts it, you'll surely find some streams on the Internet. If not, there always are people filming the action on track and doing YouTube-live-streams on their own (at least until they it gets banned).
What I've done the last couple of years was to open such a private stream in addition to some good live ticker and live timing (also on YouTube). Then you should be perfectly fine.

But this year there should be streams available on classical streaming sites because of Sky officially broadcasting it.
Thanks will use my 'usual' then lol.
I asked as I seemed to remember someone (on here?) posting their own live stream of testing, but I may have mixed it up with another site. If Sky are doing it, so much the better.
When arguing with a fool, be sure the other person is not doing the same thing.