Canadian GP Out, Turkey GP In

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
Just_a_fan
Just_a_fan

Re: Canadian GP Out, Turkey GP In

As there is still a fairly long list of races still going ahead, I would guess they'll just not bother trying to fill the Canada/Turkey slot. The mechanics etc., will be happy as it gives them some time off the road - Baku and Turkey were back to back weekends I think.
If you are more fortunate than others, build a larger table not a taller fence.

El Scorchio

Just_a_fan wrote:
12 May 2021, 15:59
El Scorchio wrote:
12 May 2021, 15:32
Great shame if it doesn't go ahead, but it's got to be safety first for all concerned. I would hate to be the one having to make decisions on things like this.
It's a political decision rather than a safety one, I think. HMG has made the decision based on the risk of someone bringing it back. Why? Because the same people got their ears bent by public complaining that HMG didn't shut the borders when the first outbreak occurred. They're now behaving with the caution that should have been present back then. Today, the UK is in a much better place with regards to Covid because the vaccine roll out has been pretty successful so far.
Yeah, I think you have a point there.

Wouter

Wouter wrote:
11 May 2021, 22:00
According to this well-known Spanish F1 journalist, who was the first to announce the news, there will be no replacement race.

In the absence of official confirmation, the Turkish GP falls from the 2021 F1 calendar with no substitute.
Well, she had a scoop! Turkisch GP has been cancelled!

The Power of Dreams!

cheeRS
cheeRS

Wouter wrote:
14 May 2021, 15:37
Wouter wrote:
11 May 2021, 22:00
According to this well-known Spanish F1 journalist, who was the first to announce the news, there will be no replacement race.

In the absence of official confirmation, the Turkish GP falls from the 2021 F1 calendar with no substitute.
Well, she had a scoop! Turkisch GP has been cancelled!

All I have to say is.......

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! :cry:
🤭 wrote:
“Being the 'most successful statistically' has nothing to do with being the 'best'. neither when it comes to the cars, nor when it comes to the drivers” 😂

RZS10

Wouldn't a double header at Paul Ricard make more sense? Could at least be a different layout and not the exact same race twice ... pointless ... and yea, shame about Turkey - would have been nice to see a dry race there.

SmallSoldier
SmallSoldier

RZS10 wrote:Wouldn't a double header at Paul Ricard make more sense? Could at least be a different layout and not the exact same race twice ... pointless ... and yea, shame about Turkey - would have been nice to see a dry race there.
A double header in Austria isn’t bad... There’s usually plenty of racing there

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wouter

RZS10 wrote:
14 May 2021, 18:52
Wouldn't a double header at Paul Ricard make more sense? Could at least be a different layout and not the exact same race twice ... pointless ... and yea, shame about Turkey - would have been nice to see a dry race there.
Two weekends?

..........Image
....................Image

... Image ... :)
The Power of Dreams!

hollus

Dear Michelin: C1-C2-C4, C2-C3-C5.
Rivals, not enemies.

foxmulder_ms
foxmulder_ms

I am glad. Money cannot buy everything, I guess. turkey is in a very bad situation, very much comparable to India. No big Western media outlets reports about it for some reason but no surprise, it got cancelled.

hollus

Turkey was in a bad situation. Official numbers at least have improved a lot recently:
https://www.google.com/search?client=fi ... key+corona
But these decisions necessarily have a lot of inertia and huge leading times. "Now" is too late.

By the way, Toronto cancelled the road course for Indy as well. So it is not only F1 Canada is shutting out.
Rivals, not enemies.

diffuser

Montreal should be at 60% - 80% first dose vaccinated by early June. We know that now cause we're almost at 50%. But a few weeks ago when they made decision, it was touch and go. A July or August date would have been fine.