2022 launch dates

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
Roman

2022 launch dates

We don’t seem to have one like this yet, so here we go. I try to update this post regularly but mods or other with the power to change someone else’s posts are more than welcome to do so as well.

Until now we have:

Feb. 4th Haas
Feb. 9th Red Bull
Feb. 10th Aston Martin
Feb. 11th McLaren
Feb. 14th Alpha Tauri (our valentine ;))
Feb. 15th Williams
Feb. 17th Ferrari
Feb. 18th Mercedes
Feb. 21st Alpine

Feb. 27th Alfa Sauber

TBD: ---
Last edited by Roman on 08 Feb 2022, 16:41, edited 8 times in total.

BlueCheetah66

Re: 2022 launch dates

I'd put good money on one of the teams launching on Feb 14th

Ringleheim

I am quite anxious to see the new car reveals, simply b/c I want to see how different the cars look from one another. I fear they are all going to look the same, like Indycar.

Andres125sx

Ringleheim wrote:
18 Jan 2022, 18:04
I am quite anxious to see the new car reveals, simply b/c I want to see how different the cars look from one another. I fear they are all going to look the same, like Indycar.
When was last season some F1 car looked different to any other from same season? Fair question, I can´t remind

I´m quite anxious too btw, but to see how these ground effect cars behave on track. Some of us have been asking for this aero regulations for decades, literally

Can´t wait for first GP!! :D

wogx

Andres125sx wrote:
18 Jan 2022, 19:43
When was last season some F1 car looked different to any other from same season? Fair question, I can´t remind
Kukułka zwyczajna, kukułka pospolita – nazwy ludowe: gżegżółka, zazula (Cuculus canorus) – gatunek średniego ptaka wędrownego z podrodziny kukułek (Cuculinae) w rodzinie kukułkowatych (Cuculidae). Jedyny w Europie Środkowej pasożyt lęgowy. Zamieszkuje strefę umiarkowaną.

Andres125sx

wogx wrote:
18 Jan 2022, 20:01
Andres125sx wrote:
18 Jan 2022, 19:43
What cars do you think were different? :shock:

wogx

Each of them was unique, you could've paint them all white & still easilly recognize each one. I've heard that "they're all the same" from sunday fans, but reading this on a technical forum is... intriguing

You don't need to compare Tyrell P34 vs. Ferrari 312T to find a difference, RB16B vs. MCL35M differ enough
Kukułka zwyczajna, kukułka pospolita – nazwy ludowe: gżegżółka, zazula (Cuculus canorus) – gatunek średniego ptaka wędrownego z podrodziny kukułek (Cuculinae) w rodzinie kukułkowatych (Cuculidae). Jedyny w Europie Środkowej pasożyt lęgowy. Zamieszkuje strefę umiarkowaną.

Airshifter

Ringleheim wrote:
Although I'm looking forward to the new cars, I suspect the reveals will be much less like the track versions as opposed to previous years. They will have more to hide, hoping to catch the other teams short on time to copy anything. It was happening before, but with all the big changes I'm sort of expecting some generic looking cars at reveals this year.

stan_french

BlueCheetah66 wrote:
18 Jan 2022, 11:27
I'd put good money on one of the teams launching on Feb 14th
Alpine with the pink would be expected ahah

Andres125sx

wogx wrote:
19 Jan 2022, 09:08
Each of them was unique, you could've paint them all white & still easilly recognize each one. I've heard that "they're all the same" from sunday fans, but reading this on a technical forum is... intriguing

You don't need to compare Tyrell P34 vs. Ferrari 312T to find a difference, RB16B vs. MCL35M differ enough
You paint them all white and on TV you can´t tell what car is each one. On close shots you could, but that´s not what we were talking about I think

F1T users are not sunday fans? :roll:

Vasconia

Airshifter wrote:
19 Jan 2022, 09:39
Ringleheim wrote:
Although I'm looking forward to the new cars, I suspect the reveals will be much less like the track versions as opposed to previous years. They will have more to hide, hoping to catch the other teams short on time to copy anything. It was happening before, but with all the big changes I'm sort of expecting some generic looking cars at reveals this year.
I expect Mercedes and particularly RB to hide as much as they can, as they have usually done.

Mezger

How much should a launch car resemble the race car. Is there a figure such as 90% ? Hard to quantify I guess.

From launch through testing and into the opening race we will see changes so is it even worth getting excited about. Of course it is, especially for liveries and general design differences.

I'm trying to stay calm about it all but I can't wait 😫

Andres125sx

Mezger wrote:
21 Jan 2022, 02:43
How much should a launch car resemble the race car. Is there a figure such as 90% ? Hard to quantify I guess.

From launch through testing and into the opening race we will see changes so is it even worth getting excited about. Of course it is, especially for liveries and general design differences.

I'm trying to stay calm about it all but I can't wait 😫
I´ve never worried about launch cars, but this season is different. This is the start of a new era in F1 wich is the most promising I´ve seen in decades. Both the cost cap and new aero regulations should make the show a lot more entertaining and I´m eager to see the new cars! :D

Roman

As most launches will probably happen online we should be preparing für lots of CGI and very little actual photos.
I still can't believe they don't let journalists in for the Barcelona tests. I hope that is just not true and we will be able to see pictures of the actual cars.

basti313

Do you think they really show the testing version of the car?

If I am not mistaken all teams have a FIA full size model or at least could just do a CGI model. So I would expect they paint the model in the livery, add maybe some tweaks to the nose or features that will be on the real car but do not reveal anything useful.

Especially with Ferrari or Merc I would expect them to have a last minute deployment of parts to Barcelona and finish the test car in the days before the test....I would be really surprised if they roll it out of the garage for some shots the last days before the test starts.
Don`t russel the hamster!