is Lewis the best ever rookie?

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
mx_tifoso
mx_tifoso

Sawtooth-spike wrote:
Torso wrote:
MSchumacher never let a bad car stop him.
other than 2005, 1999,1996?
Regarding the 2005 season, What do you think would have happened if the Bridgestones wouldn't have been inferior to the Michelins?
I'm willing to say that Renault and Mclaren wouldnt have been able to run infront of Ferrari, by such a large margin at least.
Because the chassis wasnt that bad, Imola that year was pretty good, mostly the chase involving MS and FA. And there were races were the F2005 had some pretty good runs as well, not just Imola (excluding INDY).

So it wasnt just the "car" factor that let him down that season. It was many others including that.

And oh yeah, I believe he broke his leg in '99. He was out for six races, so you cant blame the car either.

Sorry to go off topic for a bit, but I found that comment interesting. 8)
Forum guide: read before posting

"You do it, then it's done." - Kimi Räikkönen

Por las buenas soy amigo, por las malas soy campeón.

DaveKillens
DaveKillens

"A fanatic is someone who can't change his mind and won't change the subject." [Winston Churchill]

ds.raikkonen

DaveKillens wrote:"A fanatic is someone who can't change his mind and won't change the subject." [Winston Churchill]
yeah..well..there are levels of fanaticism
Level 1 is Senna
Level 2 is Schumi
“Speed has never killed anyone. Suddenly becoming stationary...that’s what gets you.” - JC

Sawtooth-spike

Sorry,

1999 i was being cheeky, Mainly because of the inclusion of Schumi beatin senna becasue senna died. So i am sorry for that one.

2005, The Car may have been good but package over all was not, the tyres were not as strong as the rest of the field so there for the Package let him down. So i would say that over all he could not get the best out of this car (Package).

Anyways back to the topic, (sorry guys, I let this one get to me, i will try to not let it happen again)

In terms of Best rookie, Records are there to be broken, and lewis has made a good start on that
I believe in the chain of command, Its the chain I use to beat you till you do what i want!!!

mx_tifoso
mx_tifoso

I guess it's been so slow around here lately because we are all so anxious for the Spanish GP. :-k

DaveKillens
DaveKillens

Exactly mx_tifosi, e veryone's just waiting. It sure has shaped up well so far, a three way tie for the WDC and McLaren and Ferrari battling back and forth. I can't wait until Spain and more fireworks.

RH1300S
RH1300S

Reading F1 magazine this month - they conducted a little assessment of best rookies. Lewis wasn't top of the list. I couldn't really agree with the order of the list either - but, who will ever agree with lists? ;)

One name DID stand out and is worthy of mention.........

Mario Andretti - his rookie season (and indeed first race) laid down a marker for things to come.

Maybe the best rookie ever? Given we have the advantage of seeing where his entire career took him (something we can't do with Lewis :D)

mx_tifoso
mx_tifoso

Someone in the F1 world that sees things clearly. I personally favor Alonso in this inter-Mclaren battle. I hope he demolishes Hamilton for all its worth.

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/58382

waynes
waynes

mx_tifosi wrote:Someone in the F1 world that sees things clearly. I personally favor Alonso in this inter-Mclaren battle. I hope he demolishes Hamilton for all its worth.

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/58382
i second that

bizadfar
bizadfar

Re:

Sawtooth-spike wrote:Sorry,

1999 i was being cheeky, Mainly because of the inclusion of Schumi beatin senna becasue senna died. So i am sorry for that one.

2005, The Car may have been good but package over all was not, the tyres were not as strong as the rest of the field so there for the Package let him down. So i would say that over all he could not get the best out of this car (Package).

Anyways back to the topic, (sorry guys, I let this one get to me, i will try to not let it happen again)

In terms of Best rookie, Records are there to be broken, and lewis has made a good start on that
Ermm... He certainly could've done better in some races (got involved in accident, screwups in quali by team/driver). But he was still mathematically in the championship chase until Monza race finished. I reckon he outperformed the car that year. Hungary 2005, another good example I think. Still remember the slow motion picture with tyre marbles spitting off the tyres so easily.

And to come to this thread, Lewis the best rookie in this era for sure. In this era yes I would think so too. His a fast learner to me, so I think he would cope in any time frame.