BMW & Williams under investigation!

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
axle
axle

BMW & Williams under investigation!

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/63547
http://en.f1-live.com/f1/en/headlines/n ... 1201.shtml
Details are not clear at the moment, but it seems there is a question mark over the fuel used in the 71-lap season finale and that has massive ramifications in terms of the outcome of the 2007 drivers' championship.

All we know at this early stage is that representatives have been called to face the Stewards from both Williams and BMW.
OMG - could this story still not be over??!!!

Wonder what will happen....
- Axle

jddh1

It would be very cruel if Kimi loses this way.

modbaraban
modbaraban

Doesn't that sound strange? All of a sudden a number of cars are under investigation fuel issues... :roll:
Last edited by modbaraban on 22 Oct 2007, 02:01, edited 1 time in total.

Ray

That and if they are Dq'ed a rookie British driver wins the WDC. Hmmmmm. I smell conspiracy theories coming up....

What a load of BS. I am starting to hate the whole FIA and championship more and more. I still love the sport and drivers, but not the idiots supposedly in charge.

JimmyK
JimmyK

dear god no, not after hamilton gets off 3 penalties within a fortnight, if they do anything other than fine the teams I will... be extremely annoyed, but they cannot... surely?

bibi
bibi

Looks like it is a serious thing:
http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/63557

Ray

I really like Mike Gascoyne, but what does his opinion matter. Spyker is nowhere near competitive with either Willams nor BMW. It's totally ludicrous for him to even speak on the matter like he was screwed over by them having a potential advantage. Spyker would never have a chance in a million years of catching either team!

Sawtooth-spike

live by the sword die by the sword.

I have to admit, Kimi has done well this year. so i was not to bothered that he won, i think lewis has shown his a force for the future next year. I just wish kimi looked a little more happy about the whole thing :)

one things for sure i would not want to be the stewards, cus they get to decide the WC. thats alot of pressure to deal with.

If it all happens, i will be sad for kimi and not for ferrari.
I believe in the chain of command, Its the chain I use to beat you till you do what i want!!!

Ray

It will be bullshit because LEWIS himself lost the chapionship. Say what you will about the tires in China, he's the driver, he should have come in earlier. He lost it today running off the road behind Alonso. Who knows if he could have recovered from that screwup enough to win, but he made two mistakes. Not racing for points in either China or Brazil. His will to win those races cost him a championship.

If they decide to gift him the championship, he wil not have earned it. It will be just that, a gift.

Sawtooth-spike

I would say that is was the gear box thing no the stupid move he made on alonso, that lost it for him, he would of had the bmws and would of got enough points to win.

But it would be a shame for this to be how this season ended.

However it is a VERY fitting end for the season.
I believe in the chain of command, Its the chain I use to beat you till you do what i want!!!

Tom

If Lewis wins it will very much sum up the whole season. I would have loved to see Hamilton get the championship but only on the track, this is ludicrus.

At the end of the day however it was far outside his, Alonso, Kimi or Mclarens control, the teams cheated which leaves the FIA in a very very awkward situation.

If they do not punish either team then there will be outcry from the teams lower down the field who could score some points as a result. If they do punish then there will be outcry from Ferrari because they clearly won the championship on the track. What would be fair perhaps is to drop each driver an amount of time which would allow Lewis 1 position further up (tied for the champ lead but Kimi winning with more race victories) but just behind the other 2.

We'll have to see.
Murphy's 9th Law of Technology:
Tell a man there are 300 million stars in the universe and he'll believe you. Tell him a bench has wet paint on it and he'll have to touch to be sure.

Ray

I am afraid that they are going to give it to him. And I dread hearing the news that they did. A tantrum will definitely be in order, followed by a long a uninteruppted string of words my mother told me not to say out loud.

DaveKillens
DaveKillens

Fans get disenfranchised and bitter when any title or outcome is decided at a place not on the track. If BMW and or Williams are found guilty, then exclusion, and the outcome of Hamilton's season will be over. He will be awarded the title, as per the due process. If you don't like the process, then do what manchild has always beeen doing, point out the problems and not be silenced.

JimmyK
JimmyK

problem is, if I vowed never to watch it again, I wouldn't hold to it, my reaction would be identical to Ray's

Saribro
Saribro

itv.com/f1 wrote:FIA technical delegate Jo Bauer confirmed in a statement that the Williams and BMW fuel temperatures had deviated by more than that amount in the course of the race.

The stewards are currently deliberating on the appropriate punishment for this irregularity.

Given the huge ramifications of disqualifying the drivers, it is thought likely that a different penalty will be applied, perhaps citing the precedent of the 1995 Brazilian GP, when constructors’ but not drivers’ points were deducted.