Another reason to suggest Max Mosely should quit?

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.

Should Max Mosely retire

Yes, he should have gone years ago
84%
No, he maybe crazy but does a good job
16%

Total votes: 31

ben_watkins
ben_watkins

Another reason to suggest Max Mosely should quit?

He's now suggesting that Lewis Hamilton could be "negative" for F1 if he continues to drive as well as he did this season! :shock:

http://www.itv-f1.com/News_Article.aspx?PO_ID=41215

and

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/motorsp ... 070564.stm

Has he completely lost it, or what?! :roll:

Did any of the other new F1 drivers, such as Rosberg, Vettel or Kubica have anywhere near the impact globally on F1 as Hamilton? [apart from Kubica's massive crash in Cananda :lol: ]

In my opinion. No. That's not to say that they are not good drivers, as they have all proven themselves to be very worthy of their race seats.

Max Mosely needs a reality check! Hamilton, Kubica, Vettel and Rosberg are the future of F1

waynes
waynes

errrm what about Alonso?

he's only 26

zac510
zac510

You need a reality check. Mosley is correct. If you read the article correctly you'll see the evidence for his claim. It's valid and has a precedent: Michael Schumacher.

checkered

Don't just read that

article. Watch the "HardTalk" interview, there's a link on the BBC page, or here too. He talks about many issues, such as the spy affair and the personalities involved, in some depth. Whether you agree with him or or not isn't the point, the talk is informative, at least to those who've not cared to read up on the subjects too much. Steven Sackur manages to draw some interesting answers and Mosley, at times, seems a bit troubled by being confronted with certain arguments.

To me it seems that the Hamilton comment had more to do with his previous experience with Schumacher and the various pressures he came under then (interesting comment, btw). In the interview, if you care to watch that, Mosley actually compliments Lewis' abilities and further states that he doesn't actually know him very well at all, in personal terms. Again, anything you read (other than a full transcript) is taking things out of context. Especially with how Max tends to express himself. Watch the interview.

Tom

This is quite interesting. I had a conversation with someone who has been to court many times as an engineer being questioned about car failures, usually to do with warranties. He explained to me the way many lawyers have questioned him, the words they use and their body language. The interviewer and interviewee here are using the exact techniques he described and Max is just about holding his head above the water.

This guy is trying to outlawyer Max and Max really isn't fighting him, he's calm, relaxed and only a little flustered, but he's making clear and real points. Sackur is interupting Max in the middle of a statement to question his point which is a trick used alot to put pressure on a witness, but Max knows exactly what hes doing and he's giving answers he knows hes supposed to and crucially isn't budging an inch from these answers.

I don't think we can learn anything about Max's own opinion from this interview but you can learn how to be a good lawyer from it.
Murphy's 9th Law of Technology:
Tell a man there are 300 million stars in the universe and he'll believe you. Tell him a bench has wet paint on it and he'll have to touch to be sure.

Belatti
Belatti

Lawyer = Money

"They are dirty, they suck but you need them anyway" :^o

PS: If there is a Lawyer in the forum (I doubt it) or a relative to one, please don´t get offence, just kidding. :twisted: They are thicks and leeches. Kidding again! :D

EDIT: Lawyer even sounds similar to Lier
"You need great passion, because everything you do with great pleasure, you do well." -Juan Manuel Fangio

"I have no idols. I admire work, dedication and competence." -Ayrton Senna

manchild
manchild

GRRRRRRRRRRR... I'm not back just letting some steam.

People, you're looking at bucket full of gasoline, you see the gasoline, you smell the gasoline and still you discuss about water because WATER is written on the bucket!

Open your mind and analyze further than within statement or two made by someone!

The guy hates everything British because his daddy and mommy had to flee UK since they were on the side of axis and personal friends of Hitler and Mussolini. His dad, mom, uncle, aunt... whole family was fascistic. What do you think he was teached by his parents? To be an open minded cosmopolitan?

He hates Hamilton because of color of his skin. FULL STOP

That's "why" without 10 miles long analysis.

:arrow: http://www.orange-papers.org/orange-rroot240.html

His mom and aunt with SS, his mom and uncle on Nazi march in Nurnberg, his dad with Mussolini... He was raised to be what he is and he shows it by every single statement and move. Hitler vs. Jesse Owens, same thing. 1936 Olympics - 2007 (and beyond) F1 WDC.

I'm pissed because I see people accepting almost anything that comes "from above".

There was recently a poll on Pitpass with question should he apologize to sir Jackie Stewart or not. Over 90% of the f1 fans voted YES. Did he apologize? No. So what is this? A sport? Idiot on top of governing body that always has different viewpoints than absolute majority of fans?

I really don't care what happens in F1 anymore but it irritates me to see that those without specific financial interest and obvious freedom of speech are falling for "official" things as if they were created by god himself. He's made of flesh and bones just as any other man and debating about his thoughts and moves any further means disrespect to those who debate and another victory for him.

Hate me love me ignore me but please use your head and don't give any respect to a freak that has no respect for you and the sport you love!

Belatti
Belatti

ATTENTION!!! :shock: :shock: :shock:

MANCHILD STILL READS THE FORUM!!!

:D :D :D

That means he still love the best Cars (F1) in the world but some people (Mad Max) can´t let him enjoy them 100%
I´m glad the relief valve actuated, otherwise you were going to explode man!!!

People and money come and go, time don´t!!!
"You need great passion, because everything you do with great pleasure, you do well." -Juan Manuel Fangio

"I have no idols. I admire work, dedication and competence." -Ayrton Senna

zac510
zac510

manchild, he really makes your blood boil, doesn't he?

You're still completely incapable of judging Mosley's statements in a rational manner. Your post just claims that he is a nazi, fascist and a few other racist things without providing any evidence of it apart from his parentage.

Why don't you deconstruct Mosley's comments and explain to us how you think they are incorrect, providing evidence, in the exact manner a lawyer like Mosley would?

You'll never beat him by calling him names. You have to beat him at his own game.

checkered

manchild wrote:Open your mind and analyze further than within statement or two made by someone!
manchild wrote:... debating about his thoughts and moves any further means disrespect to those who debate and another victory for him.
I'm confused. Which

is it, then? In any case, I don't much appreciate being told what to think, by anyone.
manchild wrote:He hates Hamilton because of color of his skin.
One could suppose, then, that the expansion of F1 to places like Bahrain, India and China (and even the US) has been a tremendously tortuous experience for Mosley for his alledged personal beliefs. Unless this was the one time, the one exception that confirms the rule, during the reign of Max when his dictatorial hand has been forced.
manchild wrote:I'm pissed because I see people accepting almost anything that comes "from above".
Would any of this be discussed if that was the case? Or is this an example of an instance when discussion futile, again? My confusion shows no signs of abatement.
manchild wrote:He's made of flesh and bones just as any other man ...
Respectfully, my very subjective perception from the style and content of your messages is that it is in fact you, who hold him to be greater than the sum of his parts. A sinister figure somehow larger than life. Many do. To me, he's simply a man who's getting on in his years and for the time being has some influence, by the merit of his statute and his actions, in the functioning of the FIA. Some of his decisions and legacies will outlast his tenure, some will not.
manchild wrote:Hate me love me ignore me but please use your head and don't give any respect to a freak that has no respect for you and the sport you love!
You must know that the overwhelming majority doesn't hate you here, much less ignore you. Not by a long shot. I certainly do neither. Let's just say that my functions aren't subject to Mosley's respect, nor am I any more or less motivated by the possible lack of it.

I hope you don't hold it against me if I say that personally I can't find much to cling on in your reasoning above. I feel the extrapolations are just too loosely connected and often in conflict with recent events and developments. If that makes me a lost cause in your book, I can accept that and hope that you can, too.

I try to view the World with a perspective that extends quite a bit forward. Drawing associations that extend a hundred years backwards in time also has quite some scope. If every single person doesn't have the ability for both, it certainly can come in handy if different people have different capabilities.

waynes
waynes

popcorn at the ready

sits back and watches

Ray

I haven't seen Mad Max do anything that was good. For racing. For safety, yes. But he is systematically neutering the cars with his 'green agenda' crap. They are RACE CARS. Not your grocery getter. Let them develop what they want. Engine rules stating they are frozen, they need to be used for two weekends, and trying to make them more environmental is stupid. We have enough of that sh*t shoved down our throats by the media and Al Gore. Road cars are not the same thing as a race car. Let them be.

And I can kind of see his point. The Hamilton mania did dilute the season for me quite a bit. I get tired of hearing about the same guy over and over. He very well may turn into the next MS. Too much press coverage is like too many commercials. They turn me off.

The series is NOT one man, as everyone in the British media likes to make it seem. Peter Windsor on Speed here in the US could not, and would not shut up about him. No matter what he did, he was 'brilliant'. Even after screwing up royally and throwing his chances of the first rookie WDC, Peter would never let anyone forgwet he was in love with the guy. Even Bob Varsha was embarrassed on Wind Tunnel one night because of his woefully biased opinion. Enough is enough

SZ
SZ

Ray wrote:I haven't seen Mad Max do anything that was good. For racing. For safety, yes. But he is systematically neutering the cars with his 'green agenda' crap. They are RACE CARS. Not your grocery getter. Let them develop what they want. Engine rules stating they are frozen, they need to be used for two weekends, and trying to make them more environmental is stupid. We have enough of that sh*t shoved down our throats by the media and Al Gore. Road cars are not the same thing as a race car. Let them be.

And I can kind of see his point. The Hamilton mania did dilute the season for me quite a bit. I get tired of hearing about the same guy over and over. He very well may turn into the next MS. Too much press coverage is like too many commercials. They turn me off.

The series is NOT one man, as everyone in the British media likes to make it seem. Peter Windsor on Speed here in the US could not, and would not shut up about him. No matter what he did, he was 'brilliant'. Even after screwing up royally and throwing his chances of the first rookie WDC, Peter would never let anyone forgwet he was in love with the guy. Even Bob Varsha was embarrassed on Wind Tunnel one night because of his woefully biased opinion. Enough is enough
crap re your green argument ray.

f1 isn't sustainable as a form of competition based about core technologies that are increasingly less relevant to the public, not from a lot of perspectives.

Ray

SZ wrote:
Ray wrote:I haven't seen Mad Max do anything that was good. For racing. For safety, yes. But he is systematically neutering the cars with his 'green agenda' crap. They are RACE CARS. Not your grocery getter. Let them develop what they want. Engine rules stating they are frozen, they need to be used for two weekends, and trying to make them more environmental is stupid. We have enough of that sh*t shoved down our throats by the media and Al Gore. Road cars are not the same thing as a race car. Let them be.

crap re your green argument ray.

f1 isn't sustainable as a form of competition based about core technologies that are increasingly less relevant to the public, not from a lot of perspectives.
I'm sorry, what? I don't understand a single thing that you said.

Tom

I'm pretty sure SZ is saying that F1 must always have a link to road cars otherwise it becomes alien to the public. There are many engineers now, people here at my university, working to make F1 more efficient, with advanced flywheels, regenerative braking and even bio fuels in some motorsport. And if this works in F1 that thin link to what you drive to work suddenly becomes crucial.

Ray will probably remember when the FW14b revolutionised motoracing when it introduced traction control. That Williams holds a direct link to the system you find in your Lexus and BMW nowadays. The same with Semi-Auto gearboxes and CVT to a lesser extent. Just think, suppose the systems worked on today that appears in a racing car tomorrow allows teams to reduce the fuel tank (and fuel consumption) by 25% or more, that technology will filter down to road cars in a year and in 20 years every car will have that system.

Every car on the road producing 25% less emissions would have a huge and positive effect on the environment and it all started becase that F1 car kept the link between racing and road cars.

F1 is about evolving, from cigars with thin tyres, rearranging the engine, introducing aerodynamics, wider tyres, eventually F1 will need to evolve to meet new demands. Most of the changes that have been made to an F1 car are to increase the chances of survival, now they have to do this on a much larger scale. A global scale.
Murphy's 9th Law of Technology:
Tell a man there are 300 million stars in the universe and he'll believe you. Tell him a bench has wet paint on it and he'll have to touch to be sure.