Barcelona testing

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
mx_tifoso
mx_tifoso

djones wrote:Apparently Massa is joining Schumacher tomorrow.
The nostalgia keeps on coming. :roll: :)
djones wrote:To be fair Im expecting Massa to be fastest but it will be good to see. If MS is faster it will be hilarious :D
Seeing how much Massa has improved since Schumacher was around, it will be a good show-off between the two, given that they run similar programs, fuel loads and tyres. And....Massa knows the F2007 like the back of his hand by now, and Schumacher only has -+70 laps in it.
Even a better show, Schumacher and Raikkonen running together!

Axle, why "so much snobbery"? I didn't mean to offend anyone. To be honest, a Ferrari engine shouldn't have to cope with running at the back end of the grid, breathing all those Honda and Renault fumes, IMO anyways.

On a different note, is there a limit as to how many engines a team can use during testing? Or can they use as many as are available/at hand? Although I'm sure that they would only use 3-4 at max during a 3-4 day testing event
Forum guide: read before posting

"You do it, then it's done." - Kimi Räikkönen

Por las buenas soy amigo, por las malas soy campeón.

meves
meves

mx_tifosi wrote:To be honest, a Ferrari engine shouldn't have to cope with running at the back end of the grid, breathing all those Honda and Renault fumes, IMO anyways.
Talking of this does enyone know if a ferrari engine customer in the last 20 years has actually performed well, say did they ever regularly finish even in the top 10?

PNSD
PNSD

Sauber often performed well with year old Ferrari engines.

zenvision

OH YEAH BABY :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

"Aerodynamics are for people who can't build good engines" Enzo Ferrari

allan
allan

zenvision wrote:OH YEAH BABY :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Now that's sweeeet!

DaveKillens
DaveKillens

I fail to comprehend how you can admire sloppy driving.

kimi
kimi

It indeed is very sweet.The master is back behind the wheels..

HKS

Massa quicker than MS
no ways
Racing cars are neither beautiful nor ugly, they are beautiful only when you win races.

allan
allan

DaveKillens wrote:I fail to comprehend how you can admire sloppy driving.
the man u thought was rusty topped the time sheets with that rusty "sloppy" driving!

djones
djones

HKS - you have to remember Massa has driven this car for 1000's upon 1000's of laps. Schumacher has driven it about 90 laps now in total.

Sawtooth-spike

*DELETE*
I believe in the chain of command, Its the chain I use to beat you till you do what i want!!!

f1.redbaron

I fail to comprehend how you can support TML (Sorry, sorry, that was in poor taste! Sorry!) :D

Welcome back, Michael!!

Belatti
Belatti

Aren´t you Canadian? Haven´t you watched Gilles Villeneuve racing?Don´t you like rally? Isn´t oversteering spectacular? Isn´t TC absence one of the things that makes the driver be a driver?

The "close to the limit" sensation that under/over steering, wheelspining and wheel locking gives is what makes races fun to watch.
If not it makes me think that drivers are not doing as fast as they can be!
"You need great passion, because everything you do with great pleasure, you do well." -Juan Manuel Fangio

"I have no idols. I admire work, dedication and competence." -Ayrton Senna

DaveKillens
DaveKillens

f1.redbaron wrote:
I fail to comprehend how you can support TML (Sorry, sorry, that was in poor taste! Sorry!) :D

Welcome back, Michael!!
Not a problem baron. It's my choice, and as we all are human, not perfect and thus prone to mistakes and errors in judgement. My error was being born into a Leaf family. Heck, I even used to cheer for the ottawa Rough Riders... (if there ever was a joke, it was that team.. ). So while my failing be cheering for a pathetic team, I take consolation I don't have red blinders strapped to my head, now talk about mistakes. :wink:

emburmak
emburmak

MS is smoking!! Fastest and by 1.4 sec. :shock: :shock: :shock: