before posting, please read and take into account the following rules and guidelines. The terms are retroactive and valid for everyone around here.
- Posts are to be made in the relevant forum. Users are asked to read the forum descriptions before posting. Users consistently posting to the wrong forum may be given a warning.
- Some topics are more strictly moderated to ensure topic quality, especially technical threads. Please check the first post of the topic if there any additional rules or guidelines to follow.
- All members noting a post in the wrong forum or with inappropriate content are encouraged to "report" the post to a moderator.
- Members should post in a way that is respectful of other users. Flaming or abusing users in any way will not be tolerated and will lead to a warning. Be friendly even if others are not.
- Do not use obscene, lewd, lascivious, filthy, or excessively violent language.
- Members should respect the bandwidth of other users and sites. Any inline image tag pointing to slow external systems may be replaced with a link without prior notice from the moderator.
- Members should use an appropriate, descriptive title when posting a new topic. Examples of bad titles include; "Help me!", "I'm stuck!", etc. Examples of good titles include; "What are the different types of CVT", "What benefits would slicks bring", etc.
- Spam is not tolerated under any circumstance. This includes advertising your own projects and posting abusive text, images or links. If any of those are found not to be in the interest of other members, the post will be changed or removed and the poster may receive a warning.
- Members continuously posting the same idea or message to prove their right across different threads will be considered spammers and will be treated as such.
- Posts targeted only at expressing favouritism or dislike towards people are treated as spam. They can hence be deleted without notice and could invoke a warning to the poster.
- With respect to the forum rating system, requesting votes, voting upon request or reciprocating votes - either positive or negative - are not allowed. The moderators may undo any malicious votes, warn users for abuse, or can (temporarily) revoke a user's ability to rate other posts.
- Duplicate accounts for the same person are not allowed. Depending on the exact actions, such accounts are subject for deactivation or removal. The moderators reserve the right to hand out penalties or block access to the site.
- To maintain focus on motorsport, discussions on politics, race or religion are highly discouraged, and subject to removal. Members are encouraged to take into account the international nature of the forum, and to be respectful to one another, no matter of their beliefs.
- The moderators reserve the right to edit or remove any post at any time. The determination of what is construed as indecent, off-topic, vulgar, spam, etc. as noted in these points is up to Team Members and not users.
Posts likely to be removed include those that only contain "+1" or a number of smilies. You are encouraged to motivate your opinion instead.
- The above forum rules where applicable also apply to private messaging. Abuse of the private messaging system may lead to warnings (as above) and/or the revocation of private messaging.
- When a user acquires 3 warnings, he/she may be temporarily put onto the modqueue until a temporary ban is instated. The length of such a ban is determined by the moderators and varies from 7 days to several months.
- Continued abuse of the forum voting system, such as "I agree" votes or negative ratings on posts which go against a member's opinion may lead to a cancellation of voting rights.
- When deemend necessary for the forum, moderators may opt to assign members to the modqueue, requiring moderator approval for all posts, as long as is necessary.
- Permanent bans are a last resort and thought is given before implementing them. While we may consider lifting permanent bans from time to time this is a rare occurrence.