Pirelli will take Bridgestone's place after 2010

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
raymondu999

Re: Pirelli will take Bridgestone's place after 2010

so more of an oversteery balance then?
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

timbo
timbo

raymondu999 wrote:so more of an oversteery balance then?
I would think so.

raymondu999

Actually, what would testing the tyres with the TF109, which was meant to handle the more oversteery 2009 tyres, do to the balance of the Pirellis?
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

747heavy

that they will suit the MGP W01 - as it was designed with a 2009 weight balance in mind :lol:

Sorry just kidding, but could not resist the joke.

It´s a valid point, you bring up raymondu999.

It´s interesting that they don´t test with the TF110, that car should be as close as you can get to an 2010 F1 car, and was designed with the new regs for 2010 (longer wheelbase, weight distibution, larger fuel tank) in mind.
"Make the suspension adjustable and they will adjust it wrong ......
look what they can do to a carburetor in just a few moments of stupidity with a screwdriver."
- Colin Chapman

“Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication.” - Leonardo da Vinci

raymondu999

Yeah. I just saw a photo of the TF109 in white testing for Pirelli, then was just watching a race from last year and the thought popped up in my mind. I wonder if you'd end up getting tyres that were similar to they were in 2009 actually. Oversteery.
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

marcush.
marcush.

Mark Hughes of Autosport suggested MS has made a big mistake not dropping the rest of the season and doing Heidfelds job for Pirelli...what a nice thought...

WhiteBlue

Bridgestone wrote:If Pirelli would like to make use of some of our employees, it would be our pleasure. We have built up very good contacts with the teams and I would not want there to be a big confusion
I bet there is a bunch of tyre engineers going out of job soon. It would be sensible of Pirelli to employ some of them.
Formula One's fundamental ethos is about success coming to those with the most ingenious engineering and best .............................. organization, not to those with the biggest budget. (Dave Richards)

marcush.
marcush.

Same ---..different day... or wa sit the other way round?..
Pirelli would be wise to grab all those guys ...or would they make do with their personel from rallye?

Jersey Tom
Jersey Tom

I see some IP issues on that whole thing.
Grip is a four letter word. All opinions are my own and not those of current or previous employers.

marcush.
marcush.

damn right but why would Bridgestone say something like that now ..if they wanted to protect their ip?

raymondu999

So. How do we see the tyres playing out, in terms of balance? Oversteery?
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

Jersey Tom
Jersey Tom

Making predictions about tire performance and vehicle behavior is silly. As for IP, sure Bridgestone employees can work at other companies but I don't think they can take any confidential info with them. Plus it's all different materials, process, capabilities...
Grip is a four letter word. All opinions are my own and not those of current or previous employers.

raymondu999

I'm not quite looking for a full blown prediction, but more of an educated guess, to kill off some of the suspense before 2011. It's killing me :mrgreen:
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

spinmastermic

Jersey Tom wrote:I see some IP issues on that whole thing.
Bridgstone will probably keep all their best engineers with the IP knowledge. All the other F1 weekend employees are in trouble. I think thats who he's thinking of.

mx_tifoso
mx_tifoso

Keeping in line with the employee topic;

Do most motorsport employees change series along with the employer or do they stick around with the replacement?

For example in F1, would most F1 engineers/technicians leave with Bridgestone or switch to Pirelli?

Or in the WRC, would most engineers/techs stay or leave since Pirelli is dropping out?
Forum guide: read before posting

"You do it, then it's done." - Kimi Räikkönen

Por las buenas soy amigo, por las malas soy campeón.