Jerez Test December 2009

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
Richard
Richard

Re: Jerez Test December 2009

Kubica's not actually driving? Looks lik he's being groomed for a Schumacher role on the grid wall. Perhaps teh grid wall isthe closet he'll get to the track with Renault?

PNSD
PNSD

I imagine he's simply learning how the team operates... very necessary when a change of team takes place. Good on him for getting in early, then again good on BMW/Sauber for releasing him early ;-)!

Vasco

ESPImperium wrote:Red Bull
McLaren out with the FlowVis (Aero) paint again:
Are they still not confident with their wind tunnel calibration. Looking at the pic, they only have this in the FWEP. I am surprised the find a need to verify the behaviour of the new wing with flow viz paint.

axle
axle

We know that McLaren are anally risk averse. This will be them doing all they can to make sure the computer model is accurate. Heads could roll if they c0ck up 2 years running.
- Axle

PNSD
PNSD

Agreed, when I first saw the picture of the team running flow-vis on the same device again I got quite worried. Then again its not the simplist of endplates is it? I also guess that whilst validation wasnt the primary test concern Mclaren thought 'might aswell' whilst they have the test time.

Paffet tested 3 specs of Mclaren did he not? The Silverstone, then European then of course the latest development? It would be interesting to get his thoughts on each. I like the idea of testing an early development spec against a newer one on the same track with the same conditions!

deus1066
deus1066

I think they just want to get to the bottom of why that endplate looked so good in the simulations/wind tunnel, yet the drivers both preferred the older version.

I guess this test was the time to do it, since they didn't have 2010 tyres to test, and didn't want to test anything new and give anything away to their rivals.

They did run simulated fuel weights though... I assume with ballast rather than retrofitting a huge tank!

mx_tifoso
mx_tifoso

deus1066 wrote:They did run simulated fuel weights though... I assume with ballast rather than retrofitting a huge tank!

I don't want to assume, but I think nearly every team did this too.
Forum guide: read before posting

"You do it, then it's done." - Kimi Räikkönen

Por las buenas soy amigo, por las malas soy campeón.

no KERS + empty space = lots of ballast