Genii Capital takes over Renault team

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
Chaparral

Re: Richards set to take over Renault team

Read the exit commentaries by the Honda, BMW and Toyota boards to understand the reality. Read the VW considerations for future participation as engine supplier!
Do you have these Id like to take a look
The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free and good men die like dogs - there's also the negative side' - Hunter S Thompson

WhiteBlue

Chaparral wrote:
Read the exit commentaries by the Honda, BMW and Toyota boards to understand the reality. Read the VW considerations for future participation as engine supplier!
Do you have these Id like to take a look
Please be so kind to do your own research. I'm willing to show you the water but not to spoon feed you.
Formula One's fundamental ethos is about success coming to those with the most ingenious engineering and best .............................. organization, not to those with the biggest budget. (Dave Richards)

Chaparral

Well I dont like to speculate so Id like to hear from your learned self as to the reasons if thats ok
The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free and good men die like dogs - there's also the negative side' - Hunter S Thompson

WhiteBlue

Chaparral wrote:Well I dont like to speculate so Id like to hear from your learned self as to the reasons if thats ok
I would never expect you to speculate, just do a bit of research. It is all published in press releases. So all you need is Google and the relevant tags or buzz words. Try sustainable, declining sales, operating loss, market slump, downturn, global economic crisis, economic environment, Honda, BMW, Toyota, VW, Reithofer, Toyoda, Fukui, Stuck, F1, core business, world engine, affordable, and similar words.
Formula One's fundamental ethos is about success coming to those with the most ingenious engineering and best .............................. organization, not to those with the biggest budget. (Dave Richards)

Chaparral

Sorry, but I think that is typical Montezemolo bullshit. You are probably his brother in philosophy. Read the exit commentaries by the Honda, BMW and Toyota boards to understand the reality. Read the VW considerations for future participation as engine supplier!
Oh I never speculate - and thats a big statement from yourself - please explain - I never saw 'realities' in Honda/BMW/Toyota statements - they used the GFC but show me the VW considerations thats what Id like to see

xpensive
xpensive

WhiteBlue wrote:
xpensive wrote:Of course it was MrM moving goalposts that drove the manufacturers away, V10s to V8s, grooved tyres in and out, limitless KERS-spending and budget-limits, then finally the diffuser-charade.

If you add his own version of "un-american activity" justice, no serious corporation would want anything to do with it.
Sorry, but I think that is typical Montezemolo bullshit. You are probably his brother in philosophy. Read the exit commentaries by the Honda, BMW and Toyota boards to understand the reality. Read the VW considerations for future participation as engine supplier!
No, I am not the kind that believe in corporate press-releases. I know there are morons around who actually build their appreciation of reality from crap like that, but I'm not one of them. I actually feel sorry for the kind.
"I spent most of my money on wine and women...I wasted the rest"

WhiteBlue

Chaparral wrote: I never saw 'realities' in Honda/BMW/Toyota statements - they used the GFC but show me the VW considerations thats what Id like to see
I'm glad I did not do the work for you if you regard the statements by the chairmen of those corporation as non realities. Find the VW story at Autosport:

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/80348

xpensive
xpensive

When I referred to "morons" who believed in corporate press-releases, I didn't include other members. Perhaps I should?
Last edited by Ciro Pabón on 05 Dec 2009, 04:30, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Sigh...
"I spent most of my money on wine and women...I wasted the rest"

segedunum
segedunum

Confused_Andy wrote:I suppose if some how Kubica gets released from contract because of this an Brawn scoop him up, they could always try and get Hekki to drive for them, at least its someone who's experianced not a "new guy"...
I doubt whether Kubica will be released. It would depend on the specifics of his contract, but I would doubt they would allow him to go. The team isn't really being taken over but 'outsourced' for a year to cut Renault's costs until a takeover can happen. Prodrive aren't going to want to hunt around for another driver.

WhiteBlue

Given the rumor that this is being negotiated since two months and Kubica was at the test yesterday I'm inclined to agree.

Edit: More info from J. Saward
http://joesaward.wordpress.com/2009/12/ ... enault-f1/

alexbarwell
alexbarwell

With Bernie declaring that Renault looks set to stay, this casts doubt on their position - Bernie said there was no likelihood of Toyota quitting the sport, and about a week later... :wtf:
I am an engineer, not a conceptualist :)

WhiteBlue

Mr.E. knows exactly what is going on. He has a distinct interest in as many automotive brand names as possible in F1. Renault wants to outsource the team without loosing the brand exposure. So the old wheeler dealer will do anything to make it look like business as usual while things are happening under the table.

mx_tifoso
mx_tifoso

Yeah he does. Someone is going to buy a majority stake and keep the Renault name for a few years. Ecclestone knows that hence why he said "Renault" will be here for many years to come, since it will be true in a certain sense. It's all fun and games for these guys.
Forum guide: read before posting

"You do it, then it's done." - Kimi Räikkönen

Por las buenas soy amigo, por las malas soy campeón.

segedunum
segedunum

While I agree that costs had to be brought down and some regulations were probably the only way that can be achieved, I think we can all agree that the technical knee-jerking with V10s to V8s and KERS hasn't exactly been a bit of loose change. They were pointless changes that achieved zilch. KERS might have provided some moderate entertainment at times but that's about it.

However, I think it's a stretch to say that those were the reasons that forced manufacturers out. The manufacturer teams basically became corporate off-shoots of the wider organisation and they simply didn't compete as race teams as they should, as if their survival depended on it. They didn't pay their way, in other words. Considering the losses that Toyota have made then that's the bottom line reason why they're no longer there. They can't take those losses and have a F1 team kicking around that makes up a significant percentage of those costs.

Fil

Mr E could just as much have meant Renault are staying in F1 as engine suppliers..

"I feel confident that we'll see Renault next year in Formula One under the name Renault and the year after and the year after that."

His timeline gets them through until the new engine formula, which obviously would involve heavy investment.. a timely point at which they can leave F1 by retiring their V8 motor into history.
Any post(s) made by this user are (semi-)educated opinion(s), based on random fact(s) blurred by the smudges of time.
Any fact(s) claimed by this user will be supplemented by a link to the original source of said fact(s).