Car Releases

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
astracrazy
astracrazy

Car Releases

I thought i might just start this topic as we are getting close to some presentations.

I thought we can use this for people to post all the information on presentations such as dates, locations and anything the teams might be doing at the event.

I know we have all the car topics, but this is more for the events than the cars.

Challengestradale

Re: Car Releases

Ferrari will unveil their 2010 car on 28th January at their headquarters in Maranello. They will use their 2009 front and rear wings at the launch.

axle
axle

As it stands today, afaik.

Car Launch Dates:
Vodafone McLaren Mercedes MP4-25 : Jan 29th
Mercedes GP Petronas TBA : Jan 25th
Red Bull Racing RB6 :
Scuderia Ferrari Marlboro TBA : Jan 28th
AT&T Williams FW32 : Feb 1st
Renault F1 Team R30 : Jan 31st
Force India F1 Team VJM03 :
Scuderia Toro Rosso STR5 : Feb 1st
Lotus F1 Racing TBA : Feb 12th
Campos Meta TBA :
USGPE (USF1) Team TBA :
Virgin Racing (Manor) VR-01 : UK Shake Down 4th Feb
BMW Sauber F1 Team C29 : Jan 31st
Last edited by axle on 14 Jan 2010, 19:11, edited 5 times in total.
- Axle

raceman

axle wrote:Car Launch Dates:
AT&T Williams FW32 :

AT&T Williams FW32 will be unveiled on 1st February at the start of the first official test session - no formal launch ceremony.

BTW, (if true) isn't it a bit (more than a bit) strange to launch a car on 4th February; just a day after the first official test session is over??? then why not launch on or before 1st February and take part in the session? I mean, I didn't get any logic behind this..... :roll:

axle
axle

VR-01 - First test is in another country...if they are only firing up for the first time in the factory on the 3rd then actually running on the 4th is a bit of a surprise, I expect that time line to slip. As for timing it's public debut for after the first test it's good PR management. Why on earth would you choose to share column inch space with the other launches?!?

I'll edit the FW32 date.
- Axle

imightbewrong
imightbewrong

axle wrote:VR-01 - First test is in another country...if they are only firing up for the first time in the factory on the 3rd then actually running on the 4th is a bit of a surprise, I expect that time line to slip. As for timing it's public debut for after the first test it's good PR management. Why on earth would you choose to share column inch space with the other launches?!?

I'll edit the FW32 date.
Virgin:
"Basically, the plan is to shake the car down in the UK," Wirth told AUTOSPORT. "The fire-up is planned to be for Friday the 29th [of January], although I think it will probably be earlier, and we'll shake the car down in the week of the 1st of February. That was always the plan.

"To be honest, we were also planning to miss the first Jerez test. But as we got into August and September we thought we had a chance to bring it forward and do as much testing as possible. So we plan to shake it down in the UK, possibly on the 3rd but more likely on the 4th and 5th [of February], and then ship the thing out and start running on the 10th of February at Jerez."
http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/80841

Richard
Richard

Sorry for being dim.....

I guess a shake down is when they fire up the engine and see that wheels turn, the electronics talk to each other, the pumps pump, the radio radios etc.... I guess they need to run the car around some tarmac to check that? So when does that become a test? Or are they using one day out of the straight line test quota? Except that would hardly do much to shake down the steering system ;)

CMSMJ1
CMSMJ1

You get a freebie 50km to shake the car down. Make sure it works, nothing leaks and that it doesn't busrt into flame...
IMPERATOR REX ANGLORUM

axle
axle

imightbewrong wrote:....
Yep I've *guessed* that we'll first see the car on the 4th...
- Axle

Richard
Richard

CMSMJ1 wrote:You get a freebie 50km to shake the car down. Make sure it works, nothing leaks and that it doesn't busrt into flame...
Thanks, I hadn't seen the free 50km. Wirth mentioned using Silverstone (if the snow has gone), so that's 14 laps in total, or 7 laps each for the 2 cars

raceman

richard_leeds wrote:
CMSMJ1 wrote:You get a freebie 50km to shake the car down. Make sure it works, nothing leaks and that it doesn't busrt into flame...
Thanks, I hadn't seen the free 50km. Wirth mentioned using Silverstone (if the snow has gone), so that's 14 laps in total, or 7 laps each for the 2 cars

uhmm

I guess only one car is allowed in shakedown or testing, and NOT two cars

CMSMJ1
CMSMJ1

My understanding is that you can shakedown each car. This has often been the case when a new chassis was built up and you would hear that there was a shakedown of that car.

50km is not a test. It will be an outlap and then check the car thoroughly.

They don't have to do the 50km...just make sure the car is not going to rattle to bits or blow up
IMPERATOR REX ANGLORUM

scarbs
scarbs

Renault are launching on Sunday Jan 31st At Valencia, just after BMW, that will be a busy day

WhiteBlue

Car Launch Dates updated:
Vodafone McLaren Mercedes MP4-25 : Jan 29th
Mercedes GP Petronas TBA : Jan 25th
Red Bull Racing RB6 :
Scuderia Ferrari Marlboro TBA : Jan 28th
AT&T Williams FW32 : Feb 1st
Renault F1 Team R30 : Jan 31st
Force India F1 Team VJM03 :
Scuderia Toro Rosso STR5 : Feb 1st
Lotus F1 Racing TBA : Feb 17th
Campos Meta TBA :
USGPE (USF1) Team TBA :
BMW Sauber F1 Team C29 : Jan 31st
Formula One's fundamental ethos is about success coming to those with the most ingenious engineering and best .............................. organization, not to those with the biggest budget. (Dave Richards)

elsab
elsab

I am surprised to see - Scuderia Toro Rosso STR5 : Feb 1st

When Red Bull arn't releasing their car until around the 9th!

Where was this announced?