No passing in F1? NO WAY!!!!

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
sharkie17

No passing in F1? NO WAY!!!!

lol.
was it just me or was yesterday's race full of *gasp* passing?

mabe what F1 needs is more circuit like the Ring.

tempest
tempest

I think Im getting bored with the sport.....anyone else? If its not good entertainment cause there is no passing and the same guy keeps winning, and their is no technical innovation cause of the FIA crap. Then can someone explain the point of it all?

bernard
bernard

Well, I have to admit that after Kimi's rearwing mysteriously flew away, I turned off the TV for a while, and when i turned it back on, the rest of the race was pretty dull. The great battles in the middlefield don't make a difference if there is no fight for the victory. Middlefield battles come as an extra, the fight for the win is what's exciting. Mclaren have clearly come up to challenge ferrari, and with the new nose and other promised upgrades they'll win a few races this season, but williams is still lost, very inconsistent, some races they are very good, others they suck ass.
And Jenson's second place wasn't that "fantastic", he got it because Kimi had a failure and Barrichello crashed. I think i mentioned this. Bar is not fighting for podiums unless ferrari or mclaren have technical failures. Hopefully that list will include Williams too, soon.

eweturn
eweturn

Wish they didn't cut to the pits as Kimi was passing Alonso though :roll:
It's a fine line between fishing and standing on the shore looking like an idiot

axle
axle

FFS - you're being a bunch of women. :roll:

It was a very good race. Lots of action - it's not going to change overnight but it makes you realise how much of the problem is down to the circuits they race at.

Ban Monaco and Hungary add two new tracks purpose built for overtaking :)

The 2 tyre rule should make things better next year and Ferrari ARE being caught (look at where Barrichello was, ingnore Schumi). The BAR car was .5sec a lap faster in qualifying trim than the Ferrari. It's good news. hopefully some of the improvement is from Michelin getting their act together finally this year.
- Axle

pompelmo
pompelmo

tempest wrote:I think Im getting bored with the sport.....
I agree!!

Hudsonhawk
Hudsonhawk

It was a marginally better race. Whats wrong with the same guy winning ? :lol:

You tell em "foley" (axle). I cant stand generalisation ! Mr pompei and tenpests you should back yourself up if your going to have a cry. (dont get me wrong here, i love anti-shumacher fans but, only those who dislike him for what he really is !!) This "tempest" dude is looking for the FIA to change things so shui can lose ? Special....!!

I thought u liked just watching shumi win sharkie ???? Why are you getting all hard about seeing some *gasp* passing for ??

Steven
Owner

Hudsonhawk wrote:It was a marginally better race. Whats wrong with the same guy winning ? :lol:
Well first of all, if you don't like Schumi, there's quite a problem with that.
Secondly, just from a neutral point of view, it is incredibly boring, I said to my mom after 14 laps that Schumacher was to win, so why the hell was I watching the further part of the race??
My point is that he can win, I wouldn't like it but anyway, suppose he does, it's more fun, also for his fans that he has a great fight for it. Now he gets the lead and no one sees his front again :(

hudsonhawk
hudsonhawk

....and your the moderator ? (see if you understand what is meant by these four word ?)

Perhaps you havent understood what i am trying to say ever since i started posting brother? Seems straight forward to me !! I dont have a problem with him winning all the time. I have a problem with how he wins....what he does to win ?

Everyone can read.....obviously only a few understand !! :shock:

His fans like to see him running away with it ! Dont u read the posts on here ????

tempest
tempest

The Point I made was not that I wanted the FIA to change the rules to make schumi lose, if he is the best driver in the best team then I guess he deserves to win, even if i think it is boring for the SPORT. I was trying to say that if it isnt Sport (i.e. Competitive), then F1 should be a center for really extreme technical innovation as it claims to be, but isnt.

sharkie17

hudsonhawk wrote:....and your the moderator ? (see if you understand what is meant by these four word ?)

Perhaps you havent understood what i am trying to say ever since i started posting brother? Seems straight forward to me !! I dont have a problem with him winning all the time. I have a problem with how he wins....what he does to win ?

Everyone can read.....obviously only a few understand !! :shock:

His fans like to see him running away with it ! Dont u read the posts on here ????
lol.. not you AGAIN. go back and read my posts... Im a Ferrari fan, not a Schumi fan. i would rather have Rubens win races than Schumi anyday. And of course i love passing in races. thats racing, not Schumi taking the pole and running away with the win.

(btw, you make like Schumi does something hideous to get these wins... granted, his track behavior is shitty at times, but that comes out when you have the passion to win.)

sorry tenpest, my main man !!! i thought maybe i misunderstood you but at the end of your reply post u gave me confirmation that i didnt.

" was trying to say that if it isnt Sport (i.e. Competitive), then F1 should be a center for really extreme technical innovation as it claims to be, but isnt."

how much more extreme are you hoping for ?

graves should only be 6 feet deep ? stop digging.[/quote]

tempest
tempest

-how much more extreme are you hoping for ?

As hardcore as it can be, I was kinda thinking that F1 specifications pretty much dictate exactly the car that everyone should build, so they all look the same except for the paint. The regulations should be tightened in some areas (make the tyres lasting longer was a good one) but opened in others (more electronics and bodywork variations) so that we find some new technology for the future. But I would prefer it to become a sport again, and to do so I think they need to cut the expenditure of the top teams which is kinda conflicting demands

hudsonhawk
hudsonhawk

Change your name to tentpissed !!

Your arguments foundations are equal to that of a tent and your posts can only be written whilst under the influence.

Why don’t you re-read your post and then understand how it contradicts everything you have said. You want more electronics?!?!? Didn’t these contribute to ruining your "sport” (or was that only MS)? Traction Control, Auto etc !?!?!

Go have another drink.....you're at 20 feet.....i said stop digging.

bernard
bernard

:lol: :lol: :lol: