Kubica's Recovery

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
kalinka
kalinka

Re: Renault R31

http://adamcooperf1.com/2011/02/06/kubi ... lly-crash/

Sorry for Kubica. I really hoped that he can do some serious things this season with new car, but reading this...i guess it'll be more than 3 months of break for him :(

myurr
myurr

Re: Kubica's in hospital

I wonder if they'll make an offer to Nick Heidfeld - as much as I'd like to see Senna given a shot in a proper car, it would be a big risk for Renault to put two effective rookies in their cars.

marcush.
marcush.

F1 is a tough world the guy is just in hospital and speculation starts who will replace him.
I hope he is well .

myurr
myurr

From twitter: Gazzetta reports that #Kubica right wrist is completely destroyed, an xray is required to see what is going on. Let's hope not.

Lurk

Doctors said "guarded prognosis" :(

LotusGP should do an announcement soon to explain what happened and how he is..

mturda
mturda

hello to all.

i just cant belive what a bad luck for kubica. with this year car and new exaust, this would easy be his year. i am very sad :( . get well really fast!

myurr
myurr

Renault's official statement reported as being that Kubica is conscious and undergoing medical checks, co-driver is fine.

myurr
myurr

Latest reports suggest leg and hip fractures: http://joesaward.wordpress.com/2011/02/ ... um=twitter

ESPImperium
ESPImperium

Rumoured Injuries he has range from a couple of fractures to broken legs and a broken wrist.

Hope its not as bad as feared, but id prepare for the worst if i were Lopez and Bullier and Renault F1. Id think about a proven driver like Heidfeld, but feel that they will go for either Senna or Grosjean. The drivers that have been dumped from last year are of good enough quality, but i think they will look in house as they have 5 test & reserves on their books.

What is it and Kubica and accidents????

luca
luca

Italian media are reporting that the use of the right hand might be at risk:
http://www.sportmediaset.mediaset.it/fo ... fresh_cens

:(

I really hope that is not true!

FrukostScones

I'm so sad! And also a bit angry that they allowed him to go rallying. Let's hope it is not as bad as reported. Go KUB!
Finishing races is important, but racing is more important.

Lurk

Gonner wrote:Pronostic vital réservé --> doctors not so sure about whether or not he's going to make it :cry:

Edit : It seems like l'Equipe is once again doing some sort of sensationalism.
According to other sources, he was conscious while transfered, and could suffer from multiple fractures, especially wrist fractures.
"Pronostic vital réservé" comes from AFP, a reliable press agency.

edit : last news says his life is not threatened anymore but his hand could be crushed...

forpy
forpy

Sad news, hope he gets well soon.

On the up side it gives us something interesting to talk about before Bahrain.

wrigs
wrigs

I guess one of LRGP's thousand test drivers will be ambivalently pleased to hear the bad news. In other eyes, this is terrible news. I hope Robert is okay and that he's fully recovered for Bahrain.

luca
luca

The first official medical statement from the hospital is expected to be released at 2 p.m. (CET time).