Kubica's Recovery

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
meves
meves

Re: Kubica's in hospital

The news reports sound like a compound fracture of the left ankle and a crush of the left wrist. I really hope they're not that bad and my thoughts are with him.

reikorp
reikorp

Re: Renault R31

according to ANSA, there's is a risk of aputation of his left hand :|

horse

Terrible news. Get well soon Robert.
"Words are for meaning: when you've got the meaning, you can forget the words." - Chuang Tzu

horse

From the R31 thread:
reikorp wrote:according to ANSA, there's is a risk of amputation of his left hand :|
Can anyone corroborate this? That would be such a terrible waste. Good luck, Robert.
"Words are for meaning: when you've got the meaning, you can forget the words." - Chuang Tzu

timbo
timbo

horse wrote:From the R31 thread:
reikorp wrote:according to ANSA, there's is a risk of amputation of his left hand :|
Can anyone corroborate this? That would be such a terrible waste. Good luck, Robert.
I hope it's an exaggeration.
I remember when Massa crashed there were a hell lot of negative prognoses.
Hope he's OK!

hybridreload
hybridreload

From BBC:

"Formula 1 star Robert Kubica has suffered fractures to his left arm and left leg after a high-speed rally crash in Italy, BBC Sport understands.

Kubica's injuries are not thought to be life-threatening, but following surgery to his left arm in 2003 after crashing in a Formula 3 race, there will be some doubts about his ability to continue in the sport."

Heres hoping its not as bad as this

hybridreload
hybridreload

Ansa are reporting that his hand was crushed between the car and the wall of a church. Plus the BBC comment regarding the previous serious injury to his left hand while in F3, it could be serious, lets hope not.

ESPImperium
ESPImperium

timbo wrote:
horse wrote:From the R31 thread:
I hope it's an exaggeration.
I remember when Massa crashed there were a hell lot of negative prognoses.
Hope he's OK!
Would be a waste, but lets keep positive, lets keep things in perspective from what we learnt post Hungaroring Quali 2009 with Massa.

Until its in a LRGP press release, lets keep things in a box as much as possible.

reikorp
reikorp

Just horrible news all over. The team has built their car around Robert and now his out for at least 1-2 months, and that is only if the worst predictions wont be true. Not a good start of the season. He is the man here. He leads the improvement process.

There's that info about amputation, but i remember the situation from Canada 2007, when 1st "official" info was about broken leg. But Robert was ok then. God, I hope his hand is not crushed :(

freedom_honda

I hope Kubica is okay. But it looks like Senna just got his first big break in a competitive car.

softtyre
softtyre

Some Kubika's photos after the accident

http://www.sportmediaset.mediaset.it/fo ... ente.shtml

JohnsonsEvilTwin

Lets just hope and pray the guy can make a return to the sport. Rossi's accident last year had a similar feel to it, that it could be career ending. But Rossi made a comeback after 8 weeks! I was so looking forward to seeing him in the R31 this year, cruel cruel way to end his season.

Hope we all see you again bobby.
More could have been done.
David Purley

Paul

I just hope there are no long-term consequences. Maybe it is better when teams 'oppress' their pilots and don't let them 'have fun' outside of racing. Maybe modern safety standards in F1 make them feel invincible.

antitomm
antitomm

looks pretty serious.. :(

timbo
timbo

Paul wrote:I just hope there are no long-term consequences. Maybe it is better when teams 'oppress' their pilots and don't let them 'have fun' outside of racing. Maybe modern safety standards in F1 make them feel invincible.
They ARE race drivers!
You have to be adrenalin junky to drive those cars at the limit.
Oppressing drivers not to race would do no good.