Mercedes AMG F1 W03 (pre-launch speculation)

A place to discuss the characteristics of the cars in Formula One, both current as well as historical. Laptimes, driver worshipping and team chatter do not belong here.
issues4
issues4

Re: Mercedes AMG F1 W03 (pre-launch speculation)

in that case....
Raptor22 wrote:Promotion tyres. their sidewall construction is less rigid then the race tyres so they deform to a larger extent.

i wish people would think about this front wing flexing a little more before posting

they werent running promo tyres yesterday..full 2012 race spec...

raymondu999

madly wrote:"But I certainly hope that we have some clever solutions and we have some good ideas incorporated on the car."
Hi's certain or he hopes? :shock:
They have several innovations/solutions. He hopes he was the only one - and so that would make it clever.
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

VarioR

Well, i think that is time to say goodbye to the W02 and hope that the W03 be a big step foward.

Being a racing driver means you are racing with other people. And if you no longer go for a gap that exists, you are no longer a racing driver because we are competing, competing to win...

dren

VarioR, Do you have a highres picture of the W02 Schumacher in the sun???
Honda!

wjpbill
wjpbill

dren wrote:VarioR, Do you have a highres picture of the W02 Schumacher in the sun???
Think he means a high res version of the image of Schuie driving the car in the sun rather than just Michael in the sun

:lol:

dren

wjpbill wrote:
dren wrote:VarioR, Do you have a highres picture of the W02 Schumacher in the sun???
Think he means a high res version of the image of Schuie driving the car in the sun rather than just Michael in the sun

....yes :)
Honda!

VarioR

dren wrote:
wjpbill wrote:

....yes :)

:D

Yes i have

Send me a pm with your e-mail that i will try to send it to you.
Being a racing driver means you are racing with other people. And if you no longer go for a gap that exists, you are no longer a racing driver because we are competing, competing to win...

ovidiulucaci

Came on , guys! Only 12 pages to go...until 200.
I think Ross Brawn and Co. will be very pleased if we can speculate over W03 for 200 pages. I think they all have this strategy in mind. They give us little thing(low resolution blurred pics, movies) about W03 to speculate over :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Is there anything left to speculate about?

Hail22

Formula 1 Website suggests "private testing" I love the fact the photos on the news release is of the W02, did Mercedes ban FoM and media from attempting spy shots?
If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari.

Gilles Villeneuve

aduka11
aduka11

If they improve front tyre usage...

Will that affect MS driving?...Since i thought, it was his problem in last 2 seasons.

Hail22

aduka11 wrote:If they improve front tyre usage...

Will that affect MS driving?...Since i thought, it was his problem in last 2 seasons.
Knowing RB and Mercedes they would make sure the car is both suited to Rosbergs style and the Rainmeisters style of driving ergo a balance between the two.

We will find out in one day, interesting question however.

Has the F1 Mole gone silent? hope the Bahrainis didn't hold him up from going to Barca :o
If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari.

Gilles Villeneuve

Schulteiss
Schulteiss

Hail22 wrote:
aduka11 wrote:If they improve front tyre usage...

Knowing RB and Mercedes they would make sure the car is both suited to Rosbergs style and the Rainmeisters style of driving ergo a balance between the two.

We will find out in one day, interesting question however.

Has the F1 Mole gone silent? hope the Bahrainis didn't hold him up from going to Barca :o
If you mean Joe Saward, the longer he remains silent the better.

Gorf
Gorf

Scoop :

Djabula

I did't read all the posts but I did't saw anybody talking about the reactive ride-height suspension that lotus and mercedes addopted to their cars.and by what I see there are working somehow because the top 3 drivers on the jarez test where rosberg,grojan and Schumi(mercedes and lotus)I hope this inovation wil bring their an advantage before all the teams will addopt them.

The bulk of the system is contained in the car's drum-like brake housing. Additional hydraulic cylinders (1) are connected to the movement of the brake caliper, whilst the suspension's push-rod link (2) is no longer rigidly fixed to the upright but can enjoy a few millimetres' freedom of movement (see yellow highlighted area on inset) to offset the pressure that would ordinarily force the front of the car to pitch, or dive, under braking. If the system really works - something we should discover in pre-season testing - it could become a must-have innovation for 2012.

Excuse my bad english I'm from Romania

Tyler
Tyler

Djabula wrote:I did't read all the posts but I did't saw anybody talking about the reactive ride-height suspension that lotus and mercedes addopted to their cars.and by what I see there are working somehow because the top 3 drivers on the jarez test where rosberg,grojan and Schumi(mercedes and lotus)I hope this inovation wil bring their an advantage before all the teams will addopt them.

[img]http://img263.imageshack.us/img263/6207 ... 23.jpg[img]

The bulk of the system is contained in the car's drum-like brake housing. Additional hydraulic cylinders (1) are connected to the movement of the brake caliper, whilst the suspension's push-rod link (2) is no longer rigidly fixed to the upright but can enjoy a few millimetres' freedom of movement (see yellow highlighted area on inset) to offset the pressure that would ordinarily force the front of the car to pitch, or dive, under braking. If the system really works - something we should discover in pre-season testing - it could become a must-have innovation for 2012.

Excuse my bad english I'm from Romania
That's because Lotus' system was declared illegal by the FIA so they almost certainly weren't using it.
Noone knows yet if there is such a system on the new Mercedes but also because Mercedes were running their old car in Jerez, it's unlikely that they were running any ride height adjustment system.
It wasn't that big of a surprise that Schumacher was fastest on his day in Jerez as he was in the 2011 car running EBD which would obviously give the 2011 cars more downforce than this years cars.
So it's probably more due to the old Mercedes being faster than this years cars with EBD in the case of Mercedes and in the case of Lotus probably more to do with them just having a good, well balanced car straight out the box.
Last edited by Richard on 20 Feb 2012, 15:13, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Removed image quoted from post above