HRT F112 Cosworth

A place to discuss the characteristics of the cars in Formula One, both current as well as historical. Laptimes, driver worshipping and team chatter do not belong here.

Will HRT be in Q2 in 2012?

Yes - at the start of the Season
5%
Yes - by Germany
7%
No - not in 2012
54%
Never!
34%

Total votes: 307

Petroltorque
Petroltorque

Re: HRT F112 Cosworth

Karthikeyan's accident in Belgium was due to suspension failure. A cross threaded/ loose wheel nut still results in a retirement due to hub failure, human error or not.Hmm that makes 7.

marcush.
marcush.

I´m pleased with HRTs progress this season.Considering change of ownership ,relocation , new designteam and what have you and still they manage to reduce the gap to the front.
This is much more than anyone could hope for at seasons start.
They do quite well considering their recources.And they develop their car a little as well..

cbbcisace
cbbcisace

marcush. wrote:I´m pleased with HRTs progress this season.Considering change of ownership ,relocation , new designteam and what have you and still they manage to reduce the gap to the front.
This is much more than anyone could hope for at seasons start.
They do quite well considering their recources.And they develop their car a little as well..
A sensible post Marcush, 1.5s they have improved according to Toni C!

Huntresa
Huntresa

When is the team gonna change owner again ?

cbbcisace
cbbcisace

Huntresa wrote:When is the team gonna change owner again ?
Not until Thesan think there is a profit!

hrt
hrt

cbbcisace wrote:
Who knows? Maybe HRT stays longer that what everyone thinks :D

wesley123
wesley123

hrt wrote:
cbbcisace wrote:
Who knows? Maybe HRT stays longer that what everyone thinks :D
It already does
"Bite my shiny metal ass" - Bender

PlatinumZealot

C_Stonehouse wrote:Given the poor performance of the F112 since Singapore, I think that they are just trying to focus a large amount of time on the F113. This year has been a dud for them. If they can start the year at Jerez less than 5s off the leading pace then they can consider that a success, but that could be a big ask. Unless they can get their car released in January it could be another poor start. De la Rosa will most likely be kept, the second car is pretty much a free for all because of the silly season. If someone just wants *a* seat in F1 they'll take it. But I can see their line up being DLR and KAR. Why change what works?
Yup, Karthikeyan will stay. The team need that TATA money like oxygen.
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

cbbcisace
cbbcisace

n smikle wrote:
C_Stonehouse wrote:Given the poor performance of the F112 since Singapore, I think that they are just trying to focus a large amount of time on the F113. This year has been a dud for them. If they can start the year at Jerez less than 5s off the leading pace then they can consider that a success, but that could be a big ask. Unless they can get their car released in January it could be another poor start. De la Rosa will most likely be kept, the second car is pretty much a free for all because of the silly season. If someone just wants *a* seat in F1 they'll take it. But I can see their line up being DLR and KAR. Why change what works?
Yup, Karthikeyan will stay. The team need that TATA money like oxygen.
Do people not realise Narain doesn't even bring half of what Pic does to Marussia..

Petroltorque
Petroltorque

I am sure people appreciate that Karthikeyan is not bringing more than € 5 million to the team but there are no other funded drivers waiting in the wings. In any case HRT's performance is car dependent until that improves its pointless worrying about drivers.
I'm not sure that HRT will be in any better state performance wise next year. Private Equity/ Venture Capitalist run organisations just don't fill me confidence. How much of the new factory has been funded on the back of this years €30 million payout. They've got a staff of 83 and they haven't produced the sort of upgrades you need to set you up for next year. I've got a funny feeling MTO are going to play the " limited budget" card to write the performance ( or lack there of) of next year's car.

cbbcisace
cbbcisace

Petroltorque wrote:I am sure people appreciate that Karthikeyan is not bringing more than € 5 million to the team but there are no other funded drivers waiting in the wings. In any case HRT's performance is car dependent until that improves its pointless worrying about drivers.
I'm not sure that HRT will be in any better state performance wise next year. Private Equity/ Venture Capitalist run organisations just don't fill me confidence. How much of the new factory has been funded on the back of this years €30 million payout. They've got a staff of 83 and they haven't produced the sort of upgrades you need to set you up for next year. I've got a funny feeling MTO are going to play the " limited budget" card to write the performance ( or lack there of) of next year's car.
MTO you mean Mark Tatham company that HRT are not using?

Petroltorque
Petroltorque

Do some investigating. Tatham's MTO is still an active company. He will still use some of those resources because I don't believe anyone thinks HRT can do all design inhouse with only 83 staff.
Last edited by Petroltorque on 22 Oct 2012, 19:28, edited 1 time in total.

cbbcisace
cbbcisace

Petroltorque wrote:Do some investigating. Tatham's MTO is still an active company. He will still use some of those resources.
Its his own company which he has his own employees that don't cross over since HRT are bringing people to Spain. Last active back in 2010 for the Lotus T127 car.

But i'm not having stupid arguments, we both have different opinions and we always will have.

C_Stonehouse
C_Stonehouse

In regards to India; Last year the F111 out qualified the MVR-02, only starting behind them because of penalties. Narain finished in 17th. What are HRT's expectations this week?

cbbcisace
cbbcisace

C_Stonehouse wrote:In regards to India; Last year the F111 out qualified the MVR-02, only starting behind them because of penalties. Narain finished in 17th. What are HRT's expectations this week?
To have Japan pace this weekend, they have had various reliablity issues and didnt get enough out of the car in Korea.