Sauber C32 (pre-launch speculation)

A place to discuss the characteristics of the cars in Formula One, both current as well as historical. Laptimes, driver worshipping and team chatter does not belong here.
Crucial_Xtreme
Crucial_Xtreme
427
Joined: Sat Oct 15, 2011 11:13 pm
Location: Charlotte

Sauber C32 (pre-launch speculation)

Post

Sauber will debut the new C32 in Jerez on Feb 5th

http://www.blogf1.it/2012/12/03/la-nuov ... -febbraio/

User avatar
raymondu999
150
Joined: Thu Feb 04, 2010 6:31 am

Re: Sauber C32 (pre-launch speculation)

Post

Interesting. I haven't heard any winter test dates yet - yet they choose a Jerez debut. They have done for a few years running now - do the teams already know the dates of winter testing?
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

Crucial_Xtreme
Crucial_Xtreme
427
Joined: Sat Oct 15, 2011 11:13 pm
Location: Charlotte

Re: Sauber C32 (pre-launch speculation)

Post

raymondu999 wrote:Interesting. I haven't heard any winter test dates yet - yet they choose a Jerez debut. They have done for a few years running now - do the teams already know the dates of winter testing?
I believe they do. Feb 5th 2013 is on Tuesday, which coincides with the usual testing days, Tues-Fri.

stefan_
stefan_
816
Joined: Sat Feb 04, 2012 11:43 am
Location: Bucharest, Romania

Re: Sauber C32 (pre-launch speculation)

Post

Sauber F1 Team ‏@OfficialSF1Team
the C32 chassis and safety structures have passed their FIA safety tests. So, fully homologated and ready for winter testing (5. Feb).
"...and there, very much in flames, is Jacques Laffite's Ligier. That's obviously a turbo blaze, and of course, Laffite will be able to see that conflagration in his mirrors... he is coolly parking the car somewhere safe." Murray Walker, San Marino 1985

User avatar
KATO
-2
Joined: Sun Oct 21, 2012 8:34 pm

Re: Sauber C32 (pre-launch speculation)

Post

stefan_ wrote:
Sauber F1 Team ‏@OfficialSF1Team
the C32 chassis and safety structures have passed their FIA safety tests. So, fully homologated and ready for winter testing (5. Feb).
Here is an article about it. I find it interesting Sauber is it really that good that their done Allready.... Could thy not be focusing on aerodynamics?? and play around with some wings. Is this good or bad-??

Well now I only hope some one leaks some pictures of the C32 on the Internet..

http://f1sa.com/index.php?option=com_co ... Itemid=157
"Suddenly I realised that I was no longer driving the car consciously. I was driving it by a kind of instinct, only I was in a different dimension."
__Ayrton Senna

User avatar
abberman
0
Joined: Tue Oct 30, 2012 6:53 pm
Location: Wisconsin, USA

Re: Sauber C32 (pre-launch speculation)

Post

KATO wrote:
stefan_ wrote:
Sauber F1 Team ‏@OfficialSF1Team
the C32 chassis and safety structures have passed their FIA safety tests. So, fully homologated and ready for winter testing (5. Feb).
Here is an article about it. I find it interesting Sauber is it really that good that their done Allready.... Could thy not be focusing on aerodynamics?? and play around with some wings. Is this good or bad-??

Well now I only hope some one leaks some pictures of the C32 on the Internet..

http://f1sa.com/index.php?option=com_co ... Itemid=157

If I'm right, passing the structural tests only 'locks' the design of the chassis, not aero design of the rest of the car. It would be hard to believe they would be done working on the car already...

User avatar
KATO
-2
Joined: Sun Oct 21, 2012 8:34 pm

Re: Sauber C32 (pre-launch speculation)

Post

I hope Sauber further develops the Flow conditioner they had on top of the Sidepods that little ugly wing and make something more like the McLaren I hope they play with this part of the car the MP4-27 was fast and so was the C31 so I hope they keep this for the C32 and develop it a little more the C32 has a few weeks advantage over the rest it seems for the team to spend less energy working on the chassis..... Awesome.. Anyways I want to see their Sidepods.. That what I'm interested in and that Little Flow conditioner in particular also they hole for the pressure or what ever its called at the step that they used to connect the flow and fix the bit of pressure right behind the step I wonder if with the use of the 'non structural' nose part their will be no more need for that solution or they will keep using it and gain a smal advantage...... I'm interested in these two areas where I know the Sauber can gain a few tenths.. That other team don't have.. But I'm also curious will other team copy-?? Will the the C32 be alot better then the c31 or just a smooth transition.. I'm so interested in the C32 specially with Sauber being a "smal team" but hey it's Swiss and quality is what they are good at..
"Suddenly I realised that I was no longer driving the car consciously. I was driving it by a kind of instinct, only I was in a different dimension."
__Ayrton Senna

McMrocks
McMrocks
50
Joined: Sat Apr 14, 2012 4:58 pm

Re: Sauber C32 (pre-launch speculation)

Post

Is the seat made in the old car? Here a pic of seat adjustment for Hülenberg : http://www.motorsport-total.com/f1/bild ... 429&sort=1

shelly
shelly
144
Joined: Tue May 05, 2009 11:18 am

Re: Sauber C32 (pre-launch speculation)

Post

It is common for all teams to freeze the chassis shape in august-september, because it is the part with the longest lead time. Then everyone has its own scheduel about crash test, and about announcing them or not

In the hulk picture I think it's shown a dummy, not a real chassis, wher vanity panels representing the shape of the 2013 chassis are held in place by external fixtures (see beam, belts etc)
twitter: @armchair_aero

User avatar
Byronrhys
0
Joined: Mon Aug 09, 2010 2:14 am

Re: Sauber C32 (pre-launch speculation)

Post

shelly wrote:It is common for all teams to freeze the chassis shape in august-september, because it is the part with the longest lead time. Then everyone has its own scheduel about crash test, and about announcing them or not

In the hulk picture I think it's shown a dummy, not a real chassis, wher vanity panels representing the shape of the 2013 chassis are held in place by external fixtures (see beam, belts etc)
Sauber usually uses the real chassis to seat fit so I think its pretty close.

User avatar
KATO
-2
Joined: Sun Oct 21, 2012 8:34 pm

Re: Sauber C32 (pre-launch speculation)

Post

Fair to say that's the C32 and we are seeing bits of it. I want to see what they will do to the step what all teams do to the step nose.. Like I've said specially Sauber because of the solution special to Sauber that they use right at the step nose spot..
"Suddenly I realised that I was no longer driving the car consciously. I was driving it by a kind of instinct, only I was in a different dimension."
__Ayrton Senna

User avatar
kenji8
1
Joined: Sat Jan 01, 2011 10:48 am

Re: Sauber C32 (pre-launch speculation)

Post

Image

Image

Image

User avatar
mep
34
Joined: Sat Oct 11, 2003 2:48 pm
Location: Germany

Re: Sauber C32 (pre-launch speculation)

Post

KATO wrote:Fair to say that's the C32 and we are seeing bits of it. I want to see what they will do to the step what all teams do to the step nose.. Like I've said specially Sauber because of the solution special to Sauber that they use right at the step nose spot..
The only new bit you see there is the driver.

User avatar
KATO
-2
Joined: Sun Oct 21, 2012 8:34 pm

Re: Sauber C32 (pre-launch speculation)

Post

I keep searching for leaked pictures of the C32 but nothing..
"Suddenly I realised that I was no longer driving the car consciously. I was driving it by a kind of instinct, only I was in a different dimension."
__Ayrton Senna

stefan_
stefan_
816
Joined: Sat Feb 04, 2012 11:43 am
Location: Bucharest, Romania

Re: Sauber C32 (pre-launch speculation)

Post

Sauber to launch new car on 2 February

Sauber will launch its C32 chassis on Saturday 2 February, with a presentation taking place at the team's Hinwil factory in Switzerland. As expected, the news confirms that the outfit will be present at the opening pre-season test in Jerez.

"The Sauber F1 Team have built on the strong foundations laid down during the 2012 season and, following a winter of hard work, we are nearly ready to present our new car," the team explained via an official press release issued on Thursday afternoon.

Nico Hülkenberg and Esteban Gutiérrez have replaced McLaren-bound Sergio Pérez and the now sidelined Kamui Kobayashi to form Sauber's 2013 line-up, with reigning Formula Renault 3.5 Champion Robin Frijns holding the test and reserve role.

The launch will be streamed via the official Sauber website at 12pm local time (GMT +1), with the unveiling and interviews lasting for approximately 45 minutes.
"...and there, very much in flames, is Jacques Laffite's Ligier. That's obviously a turbo blaze, and of course, Laffite will be able to see that conflagration in his mirrors... he is coolly parking the car somewhere safe." Murray Walker, San Marino 1985