Sauber C32 (pre-launch speculation)

A place to discuss the characteristics of the cars in Formula One, both current as well as historical. Laptimes, driver worshipping and team chatter do not belong here.
KATO

Re: Sauber C32 (pre-launch speculation)

Thank you this is good news we can watch this Launch Also Perez has maid comments that agree with everyone's general feeling toward the Sauber that the C32 being an evolution should mean the Sauber is going to be a good car. Perez believes I will be strong enoug to challenge for Victories..
Last edited by Steven on 07 Jan 2013, 20:55, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Removed quoted post right above
"Suddenly I realised that I was no longer driving the car consciously. I was driving it by a kind of instinct, only I was in a different dimension."
__Ayrton Senna

raymondu999

That's odd. Didn't they already set a date for the 5th of February?
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

stefan_
stefan_

They said that the car will be ready to roll out in the first testing session (which is on the 5th of February), not that they will unveil it then.
"...and there, very much in flames, is Jacques Laffite's Ligier. That's obviously a turbo blaze, and of course, Laffite will be able to see that conflagration in his mirrors... he is coolly parking the car somewhere safe." Murray Walker, San Marino 1985

turbof1

What suprises me the most is that they go for a full fletched presentation this time. Previous years they always had a humble unveiling at the test circuit the day before testing begins. Are they swimming in Carlos Slim's money?
#AeroFrodo

stefan_
stefan_

I don't think that a simple presentation at the factory has too many costs and it's a neat way to present the new car and the driver line-up for the new season. On top of that, it attracts people to see it live on the Internet and creates some exposure to the sponsors too.
"...and there, very much in flames, is Jacques Laffite's Ligier. That's obviously a turbo blaze, and of course, Laffite will be able to see that conflagration in his mirrors... he is coolly parking the car somewhere safe." Murray Walker, San Marino 1985

FrukostScones

I think the car will keep the nice and clean front push rod suspension they have.
And it will have a longer wheelbase and a better rear suspension (slicker looking!!!) and they will discontinue the swan-neck mount of the rearwing.
They will have a more sophisticated version of their coanda ramp exhaust but no Red Bull like tunnels.
It also keeps the nose2bulkhead ducting (that Red Bull will copy).
The side pod rad cooling intakes will be even smaller.
The flow conditioners will be there again.
The front wing will follow the McLaren US spec philosophy (maybe not).

sauce: my imagination
Finishing races is important, but racing is more important.

Huntresa
Huntresa

I hope they keep developing that Front Wing, its a masterpiece.

FrukostScones

Air intake looks completly different than old one, a bit Ferrari F2012ish.

mep

[...], its a dummy :roll:
Last edited by Steven on 07 Jan 2013, 20:59, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Let's be nice, shall we?

FrukostScones

mep wrote:nooob, its a dummy
:roll:
before you mock me look it up (the history of Sauber seat fitting pictures, maybe it is the real design or even the real thing)

turbof1

off topic, but:

The dude with the plastic bucket, what is he pouring onto the back of the driver? Looks like a wrong interpretation of wet t-shirt contest.
#AeroFrodo

beelsebob
beelsebob

turbof1 wrote:off topic, but:
The dude with the plastic bucket, what is he pouring onto the back of the driver? Looks like a wrong interpretation of wet t-shirt contest.
I would bet heavily it's a bucket full of alginate. It's a moulding material that sets in a pretty short amount of time once mixed, and makes some really nice detailed moulds.

Absolutelee
Absolutelee

beelsebob wrote:
I would bet heavily it's a bucket full of alginate. It's a moulding material that sets in a pretty short amount of time once mixed, and makes some really nice detailed moulds.
The many hours spent watching Mythbusters tells me you are correct

beelsebob
beelsebob

Absolutelee wrote:
beelsebob wrote:
The many hours spent watching Mythbusters tells me you are correct
Or many hours trying to make moulds of ... uhhh ... various body parts with my wife >.>

Absolutelee
Absolutelee

I like your source of knowledge better...