Force India VJM07 Pre-launch Speculation

A place to discuss the characteristics of the cars in Formula One, both current as well as historical. Laptimes, driver worshipping and team chatter do not belong here.
multisync
multisync

Re: Force India VJM07 Pre-launch Speculation

trinidefender wrote:
multisync wrote:
Coefficient wrote:
I'd be interested in yours.
I'm a regular visitor to the factory
And of course they would just tell you personally exactly where they have in production status? Making a complete chassis takes something like at least 36-48 hours using the pre-preg method the F1 constructors use.
you have no knowledge of my connection or who I know there and perhaps don't know how small their facility is
but it's true I don't go there everyday so may have snuck a quick one in....

Mach1
Mach1

Looks decent...but after looking at MCL and Lotus...they lack the detail that those two have...

czt
czt

trinidefender wrote: And of course they would just tell you personally exactly where they have in production status? Making a complete chassis takes something like at least 36-48 hours using the pre-preg method the F1 constructors use.
I think the teams would be mighty impressed if you could knock out a chassis in a couple of days!

PlatinumZealot

wesley123 wrote:I wont doubt Andy's words but I find his comment on the weight limit rather interesting.

IF I'm correct, most teams have reached the 600kg weight limit since around 1999. In the time since then, parts have been made lighter making them further under the weight limit. In the time we have also seen the switch to a, most likely, lighter engine.

Now the weight limit has been raised with a total of 90kg. What caused such a large increase(I think we can easily say 120kg) in unballasted weight?
Batteries are very heavy and these cars use like four times more energy storage(?). So are motors and copper cables. The side impact structures are standard now, so they might be heavier than the old ones. so yeah I
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

Blackout

wesley123 wrote:I wont doubt Andy's words but I find his comment on the weight limit rather interesting.

IF I'm correct, most teams have reached the 600kg weight limit since around 1999. In the time since then, parts have been made lighter making them further under the weight limit. In the time we have also seen the switch to a, most likely, lighter engine.

Now the weight limit has been raised with a total of 90kg. What caused such a large increase(I think we can easily say 120kg) in unballasted weight?
Take a look at this and tell me plz what you think:
http://www.f1technical.net/forum/viewto ... =6&t=17643

Tomek1623

Anon123
Anon123

I hope someone got some shots of the Merc whilst they were there, the VJM07 looks gorgeous.