McLaren MCL32 Speculation Thread

A place to discuss the characteristics of the cars in Formula One, both current as well as historical. Laptimes, driver worshipping and team chatter does not belong here.
User avatar
Thunder
Moderator
Joined: Wed Feb 06, 2013 8:50 am
Location: Germany

Re: McLaren MCL32 Speculation Thread

Post

Today is the Day :twisted: :twisted:
turbof1 wrote: YOU SHALL NOT......STALLLLL!!!
#aerogollum

User avatar
RedNEO
-11
Joined: Sat Jul 09, 2016 11:58 am

Re: McLaren MCL32 Speculation Thread

Post

The future is bright, the future is..
Image

User avatar
GPR-A duplicate2
167
Joined: Thu Aug 07, 2014 8:00 am

Re: McLaren MCL32 Speculation Thread

Post

After watching W08, for the sake of Alonso, I hope this is not the MCL-32. I really want it to be something else that inspires confidence in fans that it might be a match for W08.
https://twitter.com/RealtimeUK/status/8 ... 7941287936

User avatar
RedNEO
-11
Joined: Sat Jul 09, 2016 11:58 am

Re: McLaren MCL32 Speculation Thread

Post

GPR-A wrote:After watching W08, for the sake of Alonso, I hope this is not the MCL-32. I really want it to be something else that inspires confidence in fans that it might be a match for W08.

https://twitter.com/RealtimeUK/status/8 ... 7941287936
How are you just seeing this now? lol It has been debunked ages ago.

User avatar
RedNEO
-11
Joined: Sat Jul 09, 2016 11:58 am

Re: McLaren MCL32 Speculation Thread

Post

Image

User avatar
WaikeCU
71
Joined: Tue May 13, 2014 11:03 pm

Re: McLaren MCL32 Speculation Thread

Post

Please let it be dark grey with orange... [-o<

If it's anything but that, then I think they have diverted from their initial livery. Dark grey with orange is what my mate at Honda told me.

I suppose I can post a pic of their team wear now? Because that's what the livery is based on.

User avatar
miguelbento
6
Joined: Tue Jul 12, 2011 3:44 pm
Location: Luzern, Switzerland

Re: McLaren MCL32 Speculation Thread

Post

Hummm, that rear wing looks so high. Could it be a T-Wing, a la Mercedes?

Dipesh1995
Dipesh1995
115
Joined: Mon Apr 21, 2014 4:11 pm

Re: McLaren MCL32 Speculation Thread

Post

It's got a similar nose to the MP4-31. I think I can see a glimpse of orange on the front wing endplate [-o<

Jef Patat
Jef Patat
92
Joined: Fri May 06, 2011 1:40 pm

Re: McLaren MCL32 Speculation Thread

Post

Dipesh1995 wrote:It's got a similar nose to the MP4-31. I think I can see a glimpse of orange on the front wing endplate [-o<
That was my first idea as well, and no sharkfin?

User avatar
Thunder
Moderator
Joined: Wed Feb 06, 2013 8:50 am
Location: Germany

Re: McLaren MCL32 Speculation Thread

Post

Spaceship confirmed.
https://twitter.com/McLarenF1/status/835039385481592832 Looks like Thumb Nose and Sharkfin are a given.
Last edited by Thunder on Fri Feb 24, 2017 9:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
turbof1 wrote: YOU SHALL NOT......STALLLLL!!!
#aerogollum

User avatar
Holm86
224
Joined: Wed Feb 10, 2010 2:37 am
Location: Copenhagen, Denmark

Re: McLaren MCL32 Speculation Thread

Post

Sharkfin looks present here ....

Jef Patat
Jef Patat
92
Joined: Fri May 06, 2011 1:40 pm

Re: McLaren MCL32 Speculation Thread

Post

Jef Patat wrote:
Dipesh1995 wrote:It's got a similar nose to the MP4-31. I think I can see a glimpse of orange on the front wing endplate [-o<
That was my first idea as well, and no sharkfin?
Edit: wait that can't be right, that rearwing doesn't look 2017. I was referring to the pic posted by RedNEO. That's not 2017, old tires as well, ...

Dipesh1995
Dipesh1995
115
Joined: Mon Apr 21, 2014 4:11 pm

Re: McLaren MCL32 Speculation Thread

Post

I think they've retained the outwash tunnels of the front wing as oppose to the wing they tested last year and what Sauber have done this year unless this is just their launch wing and they're planning to change it for Barcelona.
Last edited by Dipesh1995 on Fri Feb 24, 2017 9:19 am, edited 1 time in total.

erlik
erlik
11
Joined: Fri Jan 24, 2014 2:43 pm

Re: McLaren MCL32 Speculation Thread

Post

Is that nose with that thing... like Williams or cover plays trick on me?

f1rules
f1rules
334
Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2004 2:34 pm
Location: Denmark

Re: McLaren MCL32 Speculation Thread

Post

Dipesh1995 wrote:I think they've retained the outwash tunnels of the front wing as oppose to the wing they tested last year and what Sauber have done this year unless this is just their launch wing and they're planning to change it for Barcelona.
yeah but they still moved it out to the endplate, as opposed to merc, than seems to continue with their design
Last edited by f1rules on Fri Feb 24, 2017 9:21 am, edited 1 time in total.