McLaren MCL35 Speculation Thread

A place to discuss the characteristics of the cars in Formula One, both current as well as historical. Laptimes, driver worshipping and team chatter does not belong here.
User avatar
mclaren111
184
Joined: Sun Apr 06, 2014 9:49 am
Location: Shithole - South Africa

Re: McLaren MCL35 Speculation Thread

Post

Capharol wrote:
Tue Dec 10, 2019 4:41 pm
Carlos.... i am your Father

:lol: =D> =D> :lol:

the EDGE
the EDGE
67
Joined: Mon Feb 13, 2012 5:31 pm
Location: Luton ENGLAND

Re: McLaren MCL35 Speculation Thread

Post

https://twitter.com/ScarbsTech/status/1 ... 4993559553

The fact they are so far ahead with next years car is very good news, not necessarily for 2020, but definitely for 2021

Let’s be honest here, the chances of finishing in the top 3 next year are slim to none, but if Mclaren can improve on this year’s success and open a decent gap to the midfield that will allow them to carry out little development of the MCL35 and still finish 4th in the championship

They can then put nearly all their resources on the MCL 36 from very early on, in the final year of unrestricted spending and have a decent shot in 2021

Maplesoup
Maplesoup
22
Joined: Fri Jan 18, 2019 6:25 pm

Re: McLaren MCL35 Speculation Thread

Post

the EDGE wrote:
Wed Dec 11, 2019 10:19 am
The fact they are so far ahead with next years car is very good news
Pretty much everyone will be at around the same point. That is just the first of many many fittings that the drivers will have to do while the engineers workout packaging around the front of the car. Doesn't put them further ahead or behind any other team really. Wouldn't be getting too excited just yet.

User avatar
bauc
76
Joined: Wed Jun 19, 2013 9:03 am
Location: Skopje, Macedonia

Re: McLaren MCL35 Speculation Thread

Post

With the stability of the rules next year, this is only expected as the protection tube around the driver and his sitting position is/will be almost identical... but I agree is better to have this ''easy'' parts of the new car build done early rather than late
Формула 1 на Македонски - The first ever Macedonian Formula 1 YouTube channel
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCJkjCv ... 6rVRgKASwg

User avatar
_cerber1
123
Joined: Fri Jan 18, 2019 8:50 pm

Re: McLaren MCL35 Speculation Thread

Post

James Key says they will use the new simulator in 2020.

https://ru.motorsport.com/f1/news/mclar ... u/4612091/

kfrantzios
kfrantzios
35
Joined: Sat Mar 11, 2017 2:19 pm
Location: Greece

Re: McLaren MCL35 Speculation Thread

Post

_cerber1 wrote:
Wed Dec 11, 2019 7:24 pm
James Key says they will use the new simulator in 2020.

https://ru.motorsport.com/f1/news/mclar ... u/4612091/
That is great news. New wind tunnel, new simulator, proper team structure, great drivers.. 2021 can't come soon enough!

User avatar
godlameroso
375
Joined: Sat Jan 16, 2010 8:27 pm
Location: Miami FL

Re: McLaren MCL35 Speculation Thread

Post

Interesting how he mentioned the new simulator is better at constant loading.
The height of cultivation is really nothing special. It is merely simplicity; the ability to express the utmost with the minimum. Mr.Lee

kfrantzios
kfrantzios
35
Joined: Sat Mar 11, 2017 2:19 pm
Location: Greece

Re: McLaren MCL35 Speculation Thread

Post

godlameroso wrote:
Thu Dec 12, 2019 2:29 pm
Interesting how he mentioned the new simulator is better at constant loading.
You mean constant g force loading? That could be a thing! Are there any other teams that use this kind of simulators?

User avatar
Xero
67
Joined: Tue Jan 28, 2014 2:11 pm
Location: Moray, Scotland

Re: McLaren MCL35 Speculation Thread

Post

_cerber1 wrote:
Tue Dec 10, 2019 2:02 pm
Do we see MCL35?

https://twitter.com/ScarbsTech/status/1 ... 4993559553
I'm going to point out the chrome replacing the blue on Sainz helmet here. We've been told that the 2020 livery will be a throwback to McLaren's history and will be visually striking. Going to call it now, the livery will have some accents of chrome this year, before embracing it with it's return to Mercedes in 2021.

Edit: Never mind, I forgot he switched to chrome through the season. :wtf: :lol:
Last edited by Xero on Thu Dec 12, 2019 5:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
charliesmithhd
43
Joined: Tue Jul 10, 2018 4:53 pm

Re: McLaren MCL35 Speculation Thread

Post

Xero wrote:
Thu Dec 12, 2019 4:12 pm
_cerber1 wrote:
Tue Dec 10, 2019 2:02 pm
Do we see MCL35?

https://twitter.com/ScarbsTech/status/1 ... 4993559553
I'm going to point out the chrome replacing the blue on Sainz helmet here. We've been told that the 2020 livery will be a throwback to McLaren's history and will be visually striking. Going to call it now, the livery will have some accents of chrome this year, before embracing it with it's return to Mercedes in 2021.
he's had a chrome helmet since spain

User avatar
charliesmithhd
43
Joined: Tue Jul 10, 2018 4:53 pm

Re: McLaren MCL35 Speculation Thread

Post

https://twitter.com/McLarenF1/status/12 ... 60/photo/2
covered up the engine intake with a picture which suggests that its a new design that they dont want to be shown, rather than old chassis

User avatar
Xero
67
Joined: Tue Jan 28, 2014 2:11 pm
Location: Moray, Scotland

Re: McLaren MCL35 Speculation Thread

Post

charliesmithhd wrote:
Thu Dec 12, 2019 4:48 pm
Xero wrote:
Thu Dec 12, 2019 4:12 pm
_cerber1 wrote:
Tue Dec 10, 2019 2:02 pm
Do we see MCL35?

https://twitter.com/ScarbsTech/status/1 ... 4993559553
I'm going to point out the chrome replacing the blue on Sainz helmet here. We've been told that the 2020 livery will be a throwback to McLaren's history and will be visually striking. Going to call it now, the livery will have some accents of chrome this year, before embracing it with it's return to Mercedes in 2021.
he's had a chrome helmet since spain
Haha, so he has. I quickly googled his helmet and got the one he used at the start of the year! :lol:

Ok, scratch that! :roll:

dr_cooke
dr_cooke
16
Joined: Wed Mar 12, 2008 1:43 pm

Re: McLaren MCL35 Speculation Thread

Post

charliesmithhd wrote:
Thu Dec 12, 2019 4:50 pm
https://twitter.com/McLarenF1/status/12 ... 60/photo/2
covered up the engine intake with a picture which suggests that its a new design that they dont want to be shown, rather than old chassis
Not only that: it's baby Yoda, as opposed to Carlos' Darth Vader

kfrantzios
kfrantzios
35
Joined: Sat Mar 11, 2017 2:19 pm
Location: Greece

Re: McLaren MCL35 Speculation Thread

Post

dr_cooke wrote:
charliesmithhd wrote:
Thu Dec 12, 2019 4:50 pm
https://twitter.com/McLarenF1/status/12 ... 60/photo/2
covered up the engine intake with a picture which suggests that its a new design that they dont want to be shown, rather than old chassis
Not only that: it's baby Yoda, as opposed to Carlos' Darth Vader
Mcl35 using death star technology confirmed?

Sent from my G8341 using Tapatalk


M840TR
M840TR
372
Joined: Fri Apr 13, 2018 8:04 pm

Re: McLaren MCL35 Speculation Thread

Post

Ground Effect wrote:
Thu Dec 05, 2019 8:38 am
Regarding engine packaging,does anyone have a comparison between the last Renault powered Red Bull (RB14) and the MCL34? It would be interesting to see and could give an indication of what may still be achievable with the 35
I expect this to be an area of major refocus for 2020. Although it wouldn't be fair to use the RB15 as a reference point because of the vastly different engine architecture, I believe there's still much to be achieved with the Renault PU's packaging. Especially if they increase the wheelbase - which is entirely plausible. I reckon we might see the return of sidepod vents and a narrower main engine vent to increase low pressure area over the diffuser. The 34 was quite conservative in this regard.