Renault F1 R.S. 20

A place to discuss the characteristics of the cars in Formula One, both current as well as historical. Laptimes, driver worshipping and team chatter do not belong here.
Blackout

Re: Renault F1 R.S. 20

RS.19 had it, but rarely used it. :P
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DznCnxYWkAALoPp.jpg:orig
New cooling outlet on the root of the halo. Other cars have it. But it's new for Enstone

f1rules

damm thats some complicated stuff, they are trying :-)
EDIT
2019 edition, not this year offcourse
Last edited by f1rules on 21 Jul 2020, 12:27, edited 1 time in total.

Blackout

That's 2019 :wink:

2020: viewtopic.php?p=905699#p905699

A different angle:

f1rules

ah sorry, the photograoher just posted i thought it was from this weekend

PlatinumZealot

f1rules wrote:
21 Jul 2020, 11:20
damm thats some complicated stuff, they are trying :-)
EDIT
2019 edition, not this year offcourse
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EdbuZm4WoAI ... name=large
Put a napkin underneath it. Then drop the bread, the salami, pickcles cheese and whatever ur favourite sandwich ingredients through it.... And viola! Perfect sandwich!
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌
🟤🟤 Coco puffs are my favourite too! 🟤🟤

Morteza

Renault say they have upgraded the bargeboard and the floor this weekend
"A fool thinks himself to be wise, but a wise man knows himself to be a fool."~William Shakespeare

Blackout

Regarding the floor, that thin winglet on the edge of the floor looks longer now

JordanMugen

It's hard to get excited about this RS20, it seems to be the fifth or sixth fastest car at best despite all the improvements over the RS19. :wink:

Any chance the RS20 will catch the Racing Point some time this season or next season? :)

Any rumours of upgrades which will bring 0.5s/lap or more performance gain to the RS20? :D

Blackout

JordanMugen wrote:
31 Jul 2020, 19:18
It's hard to get excited about this RS20, it seems to be the fifth or sixth fastest car at best despite all the improvements over the RS19. :wink:
Not really.
In Hungary, it was p6 as expected in Qualy, but it was better than that in the race. (they beat MCL quite easily)
In Austria1, it couldnt show it's true pace in Q3 (due to the yellow flag)*
*But it's one of the cars that improved the most in one lap pace compared to 2019. In Austria it made the second best improvement after RP, and in Hungary it improved slightly more than MCL.
And Austria and Hungary were some of the worst tracks for the RS.19. But no Enstone-made car was as 'fast' as the RS.20 in Spielberg in the race since... since spielberg is back in the calendar.
So the new aero is working and this car is definitely (much) better.

Regarding Silverstone, we'll see tomorrow in qualy : )

Blackout

And it's based on the 2018-2019 chassis and cooling system so you shouldn't expect miracles : )

Blackout

Looks like they tested a new rear bodywork today, seems to be inspired by Mercedes (W10): the air exits are angled more aggressively downwards.

factory_p

Any comments from the team/drivers about these latest upgrades?

Even if you remove the positions they lucked into at the end of the race, it was still a pretty solid weekend for them, with a strong race pace. It might be related.

Neno

All we know about car is it cant heat up harder compound tires well quickly. But it's one of reasons why Renault had strong pace at the end of race and was catching those in front. In result tires didnt degrade quicker (or exploded) and both Ocon and Ric could push the laptime wise.

They also miss downforce in S2 and are around 15km/h slower than Tracing Point carrying speed through fast corners there. Which is mindblowing given that Tracing Point didnt have single update on car since tests which was btw almost 6 months ago. That car is a lot quicker than was it shown. Specially in hands of Perez. I feel lack of Perez's input on setup for race weekend hurt them given Stroll is incapable of doing such thing.

What I can take from this weekend is we are miles away from top and even some midfield teams, but that depends if you find Tracing Point midfield team. We are very lucky we have best car linup in that battle with both Tracing Point and Mclaren. And that's where we can get some points. Car performance wise this car is no no good.

SmallSoldier

Neno wrote:All we know about car is it cant heat up harder compound tires well quickly. But it's one of reasons why Renault had strong pace at the end of race and was catching those in front. In result tires didnt degrade quicker (or exploded) and both Ocon and Ric could push the laptime wise.

They also miss downforce in S2 and are around 15km/h slower than Tracing Point carrying speed through fast corners there. Which is mindblowing given that Tracing Point didnt have single update on car since tests which was btw almost 6 months ago. That car is a lot quicker than was it shown. Specially in hands of Perez. I feel lack of Perez's input on setup for race weekend hurt them given Stroll is incapable of doing such thing.

What I can take from this weekend is we are miles away from top and even some midfield teams, but that depends if you find Tracing Point midfield team. We are very lucky we have best car linup in that battle with both Tracing Point and Mclaren. And that's where we can get some points. Car performance wise this car is no no good.
Renault isn’t miles away from the midfield battle, they are neck and neck with Mclaren and can fight with Ferrari while they are still having issues with their car... I wouldn’t consider the RIC and OCO pair better than the SAI and NOR pair though.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Neno

Contructor table is telling me facts.