Scuderia Ferrari F1-75 speculation thread

A place to discuss the characteristics of the cars in Formula One, both current as well as historical. Laptimes, driver worshipping and team chatter do not belong here.
Ryar

Re: Scuderia Ferrari 674 speculation thread

PhillipM wrote:
20 Jan 2022, 13:15
The worst thing with the weight is it's ever-increasing amounts of energy for the wheel tethers, barriers and catch fences to deal with, we've already seen cars go straight through the barriers with devastating effects, they should be simplifying, shortening and dropping the weights of the cars, not going the other way.
Absolutely!
Hakuna Matata!

FDD
FDD

F1NAC wrote:
21 Jan 2022, 11:16
Henri wrote:
21 Jan 2022, 08:39
mclaren111 wrote:
18 Jan 2022, 15:24

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FJT_46oXoAI ... name=small

Some decent performances over the last few years...
Shows how good the 2017-2018 cars where in chassis aero & engine.. Ferrari fell of the cliff in 2019 in chassis and aerodynamics since binotto took over.. that's not a coincidence arrivebene was way better
Both of them are not responsible for designing a car. More so, SF90 was developed while Arrivabene was still in charge. Your comment doesn't make sense.

Both SF70 and 71 had problems with updates later in the season because of correlation problems. Under Bino it sees that they are making steps forward with each update (based on previous 2 seasons with limited development).

I still don't understand this hate for Bino. Let him do the job.
You are absolutely right let Binotto to do his job. If someone knows better it will be excellent to go in Ferrari to offer better tech solutions. Simple as that.

JPBD1990
JPBD1990

Getting on the bandwagon. Agree. Let Binotto get on with the job. He’s been at Ferrari almost as long as I’ve been alive. He deserves his shot at leading.

Besides, correct me if I’m wrong but he WAS technical director in 2018 which was probably our most competitive season since what, 2012?

Henri
Henri

F1NAC wrote:
21 Jan 2022, 11:16
Henri wrote:
21 Jan 2022, 08:39
mclaren111 wrote:
18 Jan 2022, 15:24

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FJT_46oXoAI ... name=small

Some decent performances over the last few years...
Shows how good the 2017-2018 cars where in chassis aero & engine.. Ferrari fell of the cliff in 2019 in chassis and aerodynamics since binotto took over.. that's not a coincidence arrivebene was way better
Both of them are not responsible for designing a car. More so, SF90 was developed while Arrivabene was still in charge. Your comment doesn't make sense.

Both SF70 and 71 had problems with updates later in the season because of correlation problems. Under Bino it sees that they are making steps forward with each update (based on previous 2 seasons with limited development).

I still don't understand this hate for Bino. Let him do the job.
No matter how you spin it binotto is not as successful as arrivebene

mclaren111

JPBD1990 wrote:
21 Jan 2022, 12:39
Getting on the bandwagon. Agree. Let Binotto get on with the job. He’s been at Ferrari almost as long as I’ve been alive. He deserves his shot at leading.

Besides, correct me if I’m wrong but he WAS technical director in 2018 which was probably our most competitive season since what, 2012?

And also got caught cheating under his leadership... :mrgreen:

Schippke
Schippke

Henri wrote:
21 Jan 2022, 13:32
Lets be honest Henri... has he truly had the chance to?

2019 - Took over Ferrari and the car was well and truly sorted when he did so... maybe he had a say in its direction, BUT he wasn't the head of the team so I wouldn't put it down to him completely.

2020 - Ferrari Power Unit massively restricted as a result of 2019 - Was he involved? Potentially, and might've known what was going on... but even then, the whole situation and resolve is questionable to this day, especially since the governing body had to ASK Ferrari what they were doing because they couldn't figure it out themselves. Anyway, moving on.

2021 - Could barely change squat on the car because of limitations and for what is coming this year... and the recovery last year alone was an admirable mention under Binotto's leadership.

So 2022 is the first real chance for the whole new structure, team, drivers and car to prove itself. Let us see how the first half goes before judging him completely. I'll admit I had my reservations about him for 2019 and 2020... but the way the team turned it around for 2021 with the restrictions was very strong... both performance car was and as a team too.

... and I've realised this is now completely off topic, so feel free to delete if need be and get back to Speculation of Project 674.

Henri
Henri

Schippke wrote:
22 Jan 2022, 11:09
Henri wrote:
21 Jan 2022, 13:32
Lets be honest Henri... has he truly had the chance to?

2019 - Took over Ferrari and the car was well and truly sorted when he did so... maybe he had a say in its direction, BUT he wasn't the head of the team so I wouldn't put it down to him completely.

2020 - Ferrari Power Unit massively restricted as a result of 2019 - Was he involved? Potentially, and might've known what was going on... but even then, the whole situation and resolve is questionable to this day, especially since the governing body had to ASK Ferrari what they were doing because they couldn't figure it out themselves. Anyway, moving on.

2021 - Could barely change squat on the car because of limitations and for what is coming this year... and the recovery last year alone was an admirable mention under Binotto's leadership.

So 2022 is the first real chance for the whole new structure, team, drivers and car to prove itself. Let us see how the first half goes before judging him completely. I'll admit I had my reservations about him for 2019 and 2020... but the way the team turned it around for 2021 with the restrictions was very strong... both performance car was and as a team too.

... and I've realised this is now completely off topic, so feel free to delete if need be and get back to Speculation of Project 674.
Yeah. I hope the car is good so we can have a 3 way fight

Stu

These last few comments really belong in the team thread, keep it car speculation related please.
Perspective - Understanding that sometimes the truths we cling to depend greatly on our own point of view.

zioture
zioture

video that explains step by step, the 2022 regulation, Turn on subtitles and choose english translation on youtube

wogx

Kukułka zwyczajna, kukułka pospolita – nazwy ludowe: gżegżółka, zazula (Cuculus canorus) – gatunek średniego ptaka wędrownego z podrodziny kukułek (Cuculinae) w rodzinie kukułkowatych (Cuculidae). Jedyny w Europie Środkowej pasożyt lęgowy. Zamieszkuje strefę umiarkowaną.

timbo
timbo

I've seen speculations that McLaren and Ferrari will have pull-rod front suspension.
The bit about McLaren comes from Scarbs, but from where the Ferrari rumor comes? Were there any news or interviews not mentioned here?

henry

PhillipM wrote:
The worst thing with the weight is it's ever-increasing amounts of energy for the wheel tethers, barriers and catch fences to deal with, we've already seen cars go straight through the barriers with devastating effects, they should be simplifying, shortening and dropping the weights of the cars, not going the other way.
If we’re really worried about the energy then the better thing to do is to reduce the speeds. Energy varies in direct proportion to the mass but the square of the velocity. Some of the mass is devoted to handling the consequences of the extreme speeds, not only in the structures but also in the tyres. It’s a vicious circle.
Fortune favours the prepared; she has no favourites and takes no sides.
Truth is confirmed by inspection and delay; falsehood by haste and uncertainty : Tacitus

Stu

henry wrote:
26 Jan 2022, 15:06
PhillipM wrote:
If we’re really worried about the energy then the better thing to do is to reduce the speeds. Energy varies in direct proportion to the mass but the square of the velocity. Some of the mass is devoted to handling the consequences of the extreme speeds, not only in the structures but also in the tyres. It’s a vicious circle.
The only way that speeds could be decreased dramatically would be either by shedding downforce (either no or mandated wing sections/inclination) or a drastic cut in power from PU.
Removing downforce would very effectively cut cornering speeds (and reduce terminal speeds & extend braking distances).

However, we know that the front and rear advertising hoardings will not be scrapped anytime soon.

A drastic cut in power would reduce acceleration rates and terminal speeds, but have little effect on braking distances (these would maybe reduce).

I wonder if a trick has been missed with the 2025/6 engine regs here, the GU-H could have been retained but removal of the compressor (to change the engine to NA) could have been very interesting.
Perspective - Understanding that sometimes the truths we cling to depend greatly on our own point of view.

Ryar

Stu wrote:
27 Jan 2022, 10:10
henry wrote:
26 Jan 2022, 15:06
PhillipM wrote:
The only way that speeds could be decreased dramatically would be either by shedding downforce (either no or mandated wing sections/inclination) or a drastic cut in power from PU.
Removing downforce would very effectively cut cornering speeds (and reduce terminal speeds & extend braking distances).

However, we know that the front and rear advertising hoardings will not be scrapped anytime soon.

A drastic cut in power would reduce acceleration rates and terminal speeds, but have little effect on braking distances (these would maybe reduce).

I wonder if a trick has been missed with the 2025/6 engine regs here, the GU-H could have been retained but removal of the compressor (to change the engine to NA) could have been very interesting.
How much speed can be reduced? What would be the difference in impact for a car crashing, that is travelling at 350+ kph and loses it on a monza straight Vs one that is going at 310 kph? To achieve a reduction of 40 kph, we are talking about shedding loads of BHPs. But how much would that contribute to reduction in impact?
Similarly, if copse is being taken at 300 vs 270, what would be the difference in impact. Imagine the downforce reduction for a 30 kph slower cornering speed. What would be the net effect on resulting impact?
There not much F1 can do with reducing the speeds to reduce the impact of these monster cars on wheel tethers, barriers and fences. I still think, reducing the weight would go a long way in reducing the impact of a higher mass. Of course, without any compromise on safety.
Hakuna Matata!

JPBD1990
JPBD1990

This isn’t 675 vehicle speculation.