Toyota TF107

A place to discuss the characteristics of the cars in Formula One, both current as well as historical. Laptimes, driver worshipping and team chatter do not belong here.
monkeyboy1976
monkeyboy1976

First shot of the TF-107 can be seen here:-
http://www.fisflug.is/portals/0/tf-107.jpg
appears to be twin keel....

johny

:lol: they should have take care with journalist. They don't want us to ruin his launch

f1.redbaron

On the other hand, if you want to see the footage of Saddam being hanged, you should have no problem finding that.

johny

yep, maybe toyota staff forgot to bring their mobiles at work

Phoenix

johny wrote:yep, maybe toyota staff forgot to bring their mobiles at work
Oh man that is terrible yet I find a great deal of hilarity in that statement.

johny

irony in yours?

Iciano

Heres hopin for a good looking Toyota for a change, instead of the usual boring brick-like offering, bit like theyre road cars, hehe

zac510
zac510

Car designs are fine, it is just the paint jobs that are pedestrian.

johny

toyota's livery is probably the worst on the grid

Sawtooth-spike

I know we mainly Talk about Techie stuff on here, but your right the toyota is ugly. My house mate maintains it looks like i cheap 80's ski suit! I feel like it looks like a wrapper from a Wimpy Burger.

Good looking cars go Fast, Oddly enought. Thats why ferrari's always go quick cus they look good. Remember the Super Ugly Williams which JV drove?, that was Pig slow, Some say due to the engine, some say due to the drive, I say Cus it was Pig ugly!

I think the lack of New Car bits to look at is making go slighly crazy
I believe in the chain of command, Its the chain I use to beat you till you do what i want!!!

Tom

There's no science behind that but its true. I guess teams that can spend enough money to make fast cars can also spend enough to make them asthetically pleasing too.
Murphy's 9th Law of Technology:
Tell a man there are 300 million stars in the universe and he'll believe you. Tell him a bench has wet paint on it and he'll have to touch to be sure.

Saribro
Saribro

Well, the old avation expression still goes: If it looks right, it will fly right.
And well, the TF106, ... no, just no.

bhall
bhall

There is something to the aesthetic of a car relating to performance.

Toyota's cars have failed (and been f'ugly) because their designs are inherently bad. All those winglets, flipups and other aerodynamic devices detract from the look. They also aren't necessary on an overall well-designed - and thus, better-looking - car (see: Ferrari, McLaren, Renault).

zac510
zac510

Do you have aerodynamic and tyre data to back that statement?

Tom

Oh f***, the link won't work on the school PCs, why couldn't they wait till tommorrow? Uh oh, Physics teacher coming, I'm off.
Murphy's 9th Law of Technology:
Tell a man there are 300 million stars in the universe and he'll believe you. Tell him a bench has wet paint on it and he'll have to touch to be sure.