Jordan EJ14

A place to discuss the characteristics of the cars in Formula One, both current as well as historical. Laptimes, driver worshipping and team chatter do not belong here.
Irvingthien

EJ14 design

I found a website about the process of the design of Jordan's '04 car by their chief designer John McQuillam. This is the 1st part, part 2 may follow soon. Not ,many pictures, but worth a look.
http://www.itv-f1.com/jordan/jordan_story/19000

Mikacouli

Jordan EJ14

De car has the "trust" sponsor.Schould it mean that Jos Verstappen is the first driver?

For the rest there aren't many changes.
all hopes on the MP4/24

A harmless loaf of bread
A harmless loaf of bread

I thougth it was already announced that Jos isn't driving for Jordan.

Mikacouli

A harmless loaf of bread wrote:I thougth it was already announced that Jos isn't driving for Jordan.
Yeah, I also thought that. :?
all hopes on the MP4/24

rob2004
rob2004

i doubt that verstappen would ever consider driving with a german flag on his helmet though

rodlamas

Bu the tehre´s much more space to 04-04-04 that is the date of the Baherin Grand Prix.

Thats, for me, should indicate much more than Trust at the Barger Boards.
"I only race to finisht first, because the second is the first looser" Ayrton Senna

akbar21881

how come this car looks like its from 2000-2001 era with big sidepods and no flip ups?? doesn't this team believe that slim and curvy sidepods can improve the rear downforce?

drspeed

It seems like the car doent have bargeboards at all. Instead, a horizontal plane much like the Williams...
-Challenging is more exciting than defending-

Irvingthien

Not much has change to the car...probably the departure of Gary Anderson. What is that sponsor on the sidepod??Lazarus...??Is it part of the company who own Benson and Hedges?
Vestappen has earlier announced that the deal broke down, could it be that Trust is backing Jordan instead of having Jos abroad?
Their sidepods looks lower to me.
About the 040404 sticker on the engine cover..is the Bahrain circuit sponsoring Jordan with cash or they just use Jordan's engine cover as an advertisement board?

rob2004
rob2004

last year they ran with an shanghai circuit picture on their car, maybe it's Bernie who is the man behind this?

loads of pictures here: http://www.f1racing.net/photogallery.php3?id=638

rodlamas

Eddie Jordan has said to autosport.com that this car has the biggest aerodynamic improvement from one car to another.

I don´tknow whether this is some kind of politics or if it´s really true.

But even if it´s true, we shall wait to melbourne to see whatever happens.
"I only race to finisht first, because the second is the first looser" Ayrton Senna

KJ
KJ

Even if it IS true, Jordan sucked so bad last year, they'll still suck this year.

If Jordan got a rating of 2/10 and Minardi got a rating of 1/10, even a "big improvement" in aerodynamics doesn't even bring them up to the levels of Jaguar.

- KJ

rodlamas

Jaguar is having major problems with the R5. They just cannot make their car go fast and surprisingly the same is happening at Toyota.

So I don´t think Jordan will be behing Jaguar because they work better than the men at Ford and this year they´ll have exactly the same engine as Jaguar. Last year Jordan run the CR3 whereas Jaguar was on the CR5.

This year both are on the CR6. This must signify a major improvement in terms of power and consequently in terms of performance.

And surely Mclaren is going to start collaborating with them and probably they will have in the future the same relationship that Ferrari has with Sauber.

Racer-X

In my opinion the fact of producing only one type of engine is a question of costs.
There is no strong reason to have 2 different engine specification to supply Jaguar and Jordan.

Imagine the amount of spare parts, dyno hours of tests, engineers involvement etc.. etc.. etc.. if they have 2 different specs!

With Ferrari the situation is different. Ferrari is fighting for the championship.... some secrets cannot be released to Sauber

rodlamas

You are just in the middle of a condratiction

Ferrari and Sauber do have the sam engine

Jordan and Jaguar are having the same engine, but Minardi are only getting CR3 revised engine, on purpose of the new regulations.

Em bom portugues, voce esta falando merda