Ferrari F2008

A place to discuss the characteristics of the cars in Formula One, both current as well as historical. Laptimes, driver worshipping and team chatter do not belong here.
Tom

Re: New Ferrari F2008 uncovered

If you mean the bargeboard it stretches (on the side view) from below the Ferrari logo on the tub to below and right of the shell logo on the sidepod, on the plan view it appears much higher and not so dark. There are a few messy winglets which appear to be on the same plane from one angle but obviously aren't from another.
Murphy's 9th Law of Technology:
Tell a man there are 300 million stars in the universe and he'll believe you. Tell him a bench has wet paint on it and he'll have to touch to be sure.

superstring
superstring

Thanks, Tom. I think what's confusing me (in the plan view) are the different colours, which make it appear as if there are separate elements when there aren't and it also appears as if there's a connection between the bb and the side pod when there isn't...I think :wink: :?

modbaraban
modbaraban

More hi-res pics (15)
http://upload.com.ua/get/900068761 (look down, instert the required numbers into the space and press the button on the right)
scarbs wrote:*Engine cover lower and thinner along the upper part. Spiky extentions meet the toblerone rule (and confused the non tech journalists)

Scarbs...
Didn't get this part.... can anyone give me a clue?

megz

Very, VERY SEXY! Certainly some new rear view mirrors I'm sure of it. Everything's looking suuuuuuuuuuuper good, clean and effecient. Well done Ferrari =D>

mahesh248
mahesh248

This new Car is Sleeker than the old one , Yeah totyota nose , and slightly higher , the car would weigh more than the previous one ,more reliable Gear box and all , cant wait to see it on the track .

Rob W

That Toyota styled nose is so ugly but the new barge board set-up looks interesting.

R

modbaraban
modbaraban

Rob W wrote:That Toyota styled nose is so ugly but the new barge board set-up looks interesting.

R
Not that bad... unless you look at this angle

Last edited by modbaraban on 07 Jan 2008, 06:14, edited 1 time in total.

Principessa

Let's not forget that the technicians declared yesterday that the car will look entirely different when it will race at Melbourne :wink:

Steven
Owner

Principessa wrote:Let's not forget that the technicians declared yesterday that the car will look entirely different when it will race at Melbourne :wink:
Well it will pretty much be like that for every team that launches in January. They still have nearly two full months to continue work for the first race.

One possible change is a bodywork change so that the extending exhausts will be covered. As I noted, the bodywork in that area is currently unchanged compared to the F2008 but the pipes are longer.

Additionally, the rear wing is simply a raced design from 2007, and it is hardly the case at Ferrari that they carry over wings.

FLC
FLC

Looking at this picture:

I don't think the exhausts are that much longer compared to the F2007 from the end of last season, maybe just one or two cm, but I have a feeling it's got to do with that bulge in the engine cover, that they now sit on.

monkeyboy1976
monkeyboy1976

great pics. Looks like the area under the side pod is a lot neater and more wasted. You can also see the increase on head protection, Pretty much the same otherwise. I expect the rear end (the most important part of the car) to be different come melbourne.

Belatti
Belatti

When will these guys move on with those stupid "Marlboro" bars and make a nicer car. Ferrari is still ugly as hell since 1995, when wings were black.
"You need great passion, because everything you do with great pleasure, you do well." -Juan Manuel Fangio

"I have no idols. I admire work, dedication and competence." -Ayrton Senna

bizadfar
bizadfar

because Marlboro owns that ad space.

ben_watkins
ben_watkins

scarbs wrote: Steering wheel still has buttons for In\Mid\Exit suggestign some ECU work is still possible through the corner.
*Crap little LCD displays now madated rather than the huge screen the F2007 had.

I came across this image of the wheel earlier..

BWP
Tripos Media Partners
#TriposMediaPartners

rkn

F2008 on track at Fiorano: http://youtube.com/watch?v=a84kyLLSDd8

Kimi is so lively behind closed doors, shouting and bouncing around. And worst of all talking to other people.