Ferrari F60

A place to discuss the characteristics of the cars in Formula One, both current as well as historical. Laptimes, driver worshipping and team chatter do not belong here.
James
James

Re: Ferrari F60

It does seams a little odd how often the combination of them both are used. I'd have thought that maybe 5 or 6 pre-defined brake balances could be set to different positions on the lever and they could just selected one of those before a corner. But maybe more precise alterations than that are needed, or it could be to do with the entire system having to be purely mechanical.

Anyway its impressive to watch!

bazanaius
bazanaius

I believe that it's less clear cut than just having a few settings, each for a different corner. The balance of the car is a permanently changing thing, with tyre wear, fuel use, wind direction etc. etc. all changing things. In this way it's probably just easier to give the driver a range to work in and let them feel what they need as they go?

mx_tifoso
mx_tifoso

Exposed side pods. Japan.

Forum guide: read before posting

"You do it, then it's done." - Kimi Räikkönen

Por las buenas soy amigo, por las malas soy campeón.

imightbewrong
imightbewrong

F60 with the new santander livery and alonso driving

Queue cheat cries from ISLAMATRON......
Last edited by imightbewrong on 21 Jan 2010, 12:26, edited 3 times in total.

raceman

=D>

thnx imightbewrong

Fil

that top photo particularly is mighty impressive for a photochop!

the white looks ordinary at best tho. sure hope they stick to red wings, with white writing..

EDIT: just saw the ESPN article that it was a promo shot.. so that is the livery.. wow.. i'm not a fan of the changes!
Any post(s) made by this user are (semi-)educated opinion(s), based on random fact(s) blurred by the smudges of time.
Any fact(s) claimed by this user will be supplemented by a link to the original source of said fact(s).

megz

I'm loving it, hailing back to the Ferrari's of the late 90's - early to mid 00's :)

GTO

I would've liked to see black wings.
Plus, I'd like to see them remove those damm bar code lines off the engine cover. Is Marlboro still providing sponsorship?

Pandamasque

Yes. And going to extend it.

ringo

I am not going to hide it, i think the 2009 car and livery was one of the best looking ferrari F1 cars; the all red with the etihad on the rear wing was sleek.

This now; strangely the white just says to me: Shumacher should be driving this..
For Sure!!

Confused_Andy
Confused_Andy

ringo wrote:I am not going to hide it, i think the 2009 car and livery was one of the best looking ferrari F1 cars; the all red with the etihad on the rear wing was sleek.

This now; strangely the white just says to me: Shumacher should be driving this..
my thoughts exactlly.

ISLAMATRON

Any links as to what Nando thought about the car(F60)? Or about how many tenths he has already brought to the team?

mike
mike

ISLAMATRON wrote:Any links as to what Nando thought about the car(F60)? Or about how many tenths he has already brought to the team?
in fact i heard reports that he has increase the horsepower by 10%
reduce the fuel consumption by 30% and the super soft now can last the whole race.. and the downforce by a further 30% which means he is able to drive 5sec faster than schumacher/kimi/massa per sector....

And that he reckons that if he was driving the F60 he could have got hat-tricks and win every race by 15 laps, despite ferrari doing a conspiracy against him.. and apparently santandar wants him out of the car, and under all this pressue he feels that he is the most complete driver of all time

oh did i forget he also say that there isnt enough spanish fans on spanish tracks when he was racing, FIA is also doing a conspiracy against him.....

Confused_Andy
Confused_Andy

he asked for 10th's not seconds... 8)

ISLAMATRON

mike wrote:
ISLAMATRON wrote:Any links as to what Nando thought about the car(F60)? Or about how many tenths he has already brought to the team?
in fact i heard reports that he has increase the horsepower by 10%
reduce the fuel consumption by 30% and the super soft now can last the whole race.. and the downforce by a further 30% which means he is able to drive 5sec faster than schumacher/kimi/massa per sector....

And that he reckons that if he was driving the F60 he could have got hat-tricks and win every race by 15 laps, despite ferrari doing a conspiracy against him.. and apparently santandar wants him out of the car, and under all this pressue he feels that he is the most complete driver of all time

oh did i forget he also say that there isnt enough spanish fans on spanish tracks when he was racing, FIA is also doing a conspiracy against him.....
Typical Nando