Hungarian GP 2011 - Hungaroring

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
zgred

Re: Hungarian GP 2011 - Hungaroring

beelsebob
beelsebob

Torro roso shouldn't be too upset with that – they were trying to get through on primes to make something out of buemi's grid drop.

Now they're at the back... but they have 3 sets of new options to work with.

Mr Alcatraz

I noticed that yesterday as well. The question is, is McLaren that fast on their first lap and only fuel accordingly, as opposed to Ferrari know they need a couple -three laps to get up to temp
!Massa seems to have found a little form, or maybe not :D
Those who believe in telekinetics raise my hand

Mr Alcatraz

Vettel snake-bit!

Poleman

Dayum Hamilton is on fire on primes :shock: :?

myurr
myurr

That McLaren is so hooked up! Button fastest, Hamilton only 0.1s behind Vettel despite being on the primes!!

beelsebob
beelsebob

Can't believe Hamilton pulled that out on the hard tyres! If he can get through on them, they'll be set for the race easily.
Last edited by beelsebob on 30 Jul 2011, 14:39, edited 1 time in total.

myurr
myurr

Was a very poor lap by Vettel then. 8 tenths off Alonso, 2 off his team mate. Looks like Red Bull could be in a bit of trouble.

imightbewrong
imightbewrong

Why did the top6 (except Ham) run in Q2 on options? They could have easily gone through on primes I think..

Alexgtt
Alexgtt

If Hamilton sits out the rest of Q2 he's got a great advantage for the race. Q3 is going to be very interesting.

Any bets on what Ham can do on super softs?

beelsebob
beelsebob

imightbewrong wrote:Why did the top6 (except Ham) run in Q2 on options? They could have easily gone through on primes I think..
That's the norm in Q2 (for everyone to run options) – HAM is trying something interesting.

myurr
myurr

imightbewrong wrote:Why did the top6 (except Ham) run in Q2 on options? They could have easily gone through on primes I think..
Hamilton looks like he's the only one who worked that out. If he only does one run in Q3 then he'll start on used options but have two new sets for a great three stop strategy. That'll give him a big advantage in at least one stint.

Or he can now afford to run twice in Q3 and still save a set, giving him a great shot at pole.

imightbewrong
imightbewrong

The thing is, it was pretty obvious after Q1 that the top6 were way ahead of the rest, so I don't understand why the other teams didn't save tires too. Odd IMO.

But maybe the drivers want that lap for practice, but wouldn't it be better to get two runs in Q3 then?

Edit: Read now that Pirelli think people will use softs, not ssofts as the preferred race tire. That may be why..
Last edited by imightbewrong on 30 Jul 2011, 14:48, edited 1 time in total.

beelsebob
beelsebob

imightbewrong wrote:The thing is, it was pretty obvious after Q1 that the top6 were way ahead of the rest, so I don't understand why the other teams didn't save tires too. Odd IMO.

But maybe the drivers want that lap for practice, but wouldn't it be better to get two runs in Q3 then?
Webber's time on primes in Q1 would put him outside the top 10. Vettel would be very close.

Mr Alcatraz

Alexgtt wrote:If Hamilton sits out the rest of Q2 he's got a great advantage for the race. Q3 is going to be very interesting.

Any bets on what Ham can do on super softs?
1:20.2 what are we betting?