2014 Chinese Grand Prix - Shanghai

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
SiLo

Re: 2014 Chinese Grand Prix - Shanghai

My money is Hamilton. They both go well here but I feel that Hamilton just goes... better. He's won here a few times, wet and dry (if I'm correct).

I'm really looking forwards to a similar race to Bahrain. Force India vs Williams vs Red Bull vs Ferrari vs Mclaren!
Felipe Baby!

flyboy2160
flyboy2160

You can't call another User's reasonable post 'nonsense.' I've deleted a couple of posts, edited out the argument, and given a timeout. Just stop all the driver fanboy stuff; it's pointless. Flyboy Steve.

edited for grammar

And I've just deleted a whole lot more posts. This thread is about the Chinese GP, not about the last race or who is a better driver.

Pierce89

flyboy2160 wrote:You can't call other User's reasonable post 'nonsense.' I've deleted a couple of posts, edited out the argument, and given a timeout. Just stop all the driver fanboy stuff; it's pointless. Flyboy Steve.
Valiant effort, but these fanboys are an especially virulent strain.
“To be able to actually make something is awfully nice”
Bruce McLaren on building his first McLaren racecars, 1970

“I've got to be careful what I say, but possibly to probably Juan would have had a bigger go”
Sir Frank Williams after the 2003 Canadian GP, where Ralf hesitated to pass brother M. Schumacher

Earnard Beccelstone
Earnard Beccelstone

I find Shanghai to be one of the more tedious races on the calendar. No soul on the track, although there are some interesting corner complexes.

Quali predictions:

Mercedes well out in front
RedBull about six tenths behind Merc
Force India about three tenths behind them
McLaren and Williams another 1 tenth behind them
Ferrari about a tenth behind McL and Williams
Black Lotus leading the rest of the pack, followed by Toro Rosso, Sauber, Marussia and Caterham

Wass1985
Wass1985

Earnard Beccelstone wrote:I find Shanghai to be one of the more tedious races on the calendar. No soul on the track, although there are some interesting corner complexes.

Quali predictions:

Mercedes well out in front
RedBull about six tenths behind Merc
Force India about three tenths behind them
McLaren and Williams another 1 tenth behind them
Ferrari about a tenth behind McL and Williams
Black Lotus leading the rest of the pack, followed by Toro Rosso, Sauber, Marussia and Caterham
Have you actually watched the races here for the last 7 years?? It's easily one of the most exciting races of the year IMO.

zztopless
zztopless

Earnard Beccelstone wrote:I find Shanghai to be one of the more tedious races on the calendar. No soul on the track, although there are some interesting corner complexes.
Can't disagree more, so many good races in it's short history and a great track for overtaking and not just in the DRS zones. Guess it just shows how subjective these things are...

I think your predictions are pretty spot on though.

ringo

Force India to be second best or Williams. With one of the longest straights on the calender the mercedes powered cars can make up time on the straights and save tyres in the corners if they wish.

I'd say Hamilton for the win, and he doesn't have to have the fastest setup, i think he can race Rosberg again and put him into submission. Though in some way i don't mind they not clash again.
For Sure!!

thomin

ringo wrote:Force India to be second best or Williams. With one of the longest straights on the calender the mercedes powered cars can make up time on the straights and save tyres in the corners if they wish.

I'd say Hamilton for the win, and he doesn't have to have the fastest setup, i think he can race Rosberg again and put him into submission. Though in some way i don't mind they not clash again.
Williams looks quicker but also has tire issues, so my money would be on Force India as I believe them once again to be more consistent. Plus, Force India seems to focus on high speeds more than anyone else. They've always been fast and this year with their long gears they may have an advantage over Williams with their very short gears. In Monaco, Williams will wipe the floor with Force India though :wink:

As for the win, I'll say Rosberg...only because after Hamilton twice the pendulum is bound to swing the other way again.

dans79

ringo wrote: I'd say Hamilton for the win, and he doesn't have to have the fastest setup, i think he can race Rosberg again and put him into submission. Though in some way i don't mind they not clash again.
I'm not sure i agree with this. The drs zones are long and close together, Thus if the following driver is smart, they will catch up on the first zone, and pass on the second. I Favor Hamilton to win, but he needs to get the setup right.
197 104 103 7

godlameroso

Double Mercedes retirement, with a Ferrari win.
Saishū kōnā

dans79

godlameroso wrote:Double Mercedes retirement, with a Ferrari win.
Lol
197 104 103 7

gray41

Is that with the double RedBull, Williams and Force India retirements too?
Lewis Hamilton #44
Poles: *****
Wins: ***

Hail22

gray41 wrote:
Is that with the double RedBull, Williams and Force India retirements too?
Don't forget Toro Rosso ;) especially Kyvat
If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari.

Gilles Villeneuve

elMaestro
elMaestro

The midfield will be very close here , whereas Mercedes far out in front with Redbull also. I dont know what Ferrari will do tho.

flyboy2160
flyboy2160

One more time, please keep this about the Chinese GP.