2014 German Grand Prix - Hockenheim

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
Pierce89

Re: 2014 German Grand Prix

Juzh wrote:
iotar__ wrote:Ferrari engine (at this stage of the race?) looked worse than Renault. Not to mention traction.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
I'm not quite sure what's so funny. The Ferrari PU is garbage. The Renault probably is better. I mean... look at Sauber. They didn't just forget how to build a car.
“To be able to actually make something is awfully nice”
Bruce McLaren on building his first McLaren racecars, 1970

“I've got to be careful what I say, but possibly to probably Juan would have had a bigger go”
Sir Frank Williams after the 2003 Canadian GP, where Ralf hesitated to pass brother M. Schumacher

djos

Kiril Varbanov wrote:Cast your vote for the driver of the day here - http://www.f1technical.net/poll/index.php?dispid=280
Why is Riccardo missing from the list? His drive to recover from adversity was stellar with some truly great battles along the way!
"In downforce we trust"

Youhavebeendunn

Redragon wrote:
MercedesAMGSpy wrote:
Redragon wrote:Firstly Rosberg stop in purporse on Monaco, sky and hamilton play that game, telemetry prove them wrong.
Secondly Hamilton pit stops are slower, today was the contrary. Hamilton had better pit stops but still every one is speculating that Merc does in purpose because it is a german team.
Thirdly, now the FIA didn't deploy SC because FIA doesn't want Hamilton wins championship.
Let's see what it is next.

From my point of view it is the british media making Hamilton a victim, so if he wins at the end of the year, it will be heroic. But by doing that they take merit to Rosberg who is, by surprise of many here, doing a great job and driving really well.

Yes, SC would have been deploy, but wouldn't be change much at the end of the race. But also Ham should have been investigated for causing a collision.
It will be heroic, quess what he is 14 points behind Rosberg with two DNF's and one DNF in Q compared to Rosberg's one DNF in Britain. Maybe you can ignore these facts too in your own reality.
So basically I have to assume on my own reality, as you call it, that Hamilton is the winer already. Yes, Rosberg is DNF less but I don't look DNF as drivers mistakes, I look at them as unlucky circunstances.

Overall, and from my point of view, sorry to permit myself to have one, Rosberg have been driving with more professionalism and a great level. He has earned himself to be 14 points in front of Hamilton.
But look, HAM didn't dnf on purpose. So yes, should be ahead rosberg right now to be honest.

foxmulder_ms
foxmulder_ms

Hamilton cannot catch a break! Unlucky guy (relatively of course, he is still an F1 driver, right?).

It was a nice race, though. I really liked it.

By the way, Massa should have been penalized. Not seeing cannot be an excuse. He drive into Mclaren.

lkm9719
lkm9719

ferrari engine is still down , may be near renault but not good as it, and downforce is also ferrari weak point as alison had mention therefore tire use up very bad

raymondu999

Regarding all the conspiracy theories - maybe Rosberg joined the Illuminati in Monaco?
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

Kiril Varbanov

djos wrote:
Kiril Varbanov wrote:Cast your vote for the driver of the day here - http://www.f1technical.net/poll/index.php?dispid=280
Why is Riccardo missing from the list? His drive to recover from adversity was stellar with some truly great battles along the way!
Added Dan.

basti313
basti313

lkm9719 wrote:ferrari engine is still down , may be near renault but not good as it, and downforce is also ferrari weak point as alison had mention therefore tire use up very bad
Ferrari engine down on power or what? You have seen how Alonso came next to Vettel when Vettel was in the slipstream of Raikkonen? Rather obvious which engine is down on power...
Downforce: No one is on the level of Merc and Redbull. But not far away, the pace of the Ferrari in the race is close to the Redbull.
Tire usage: Alonso had no tire usage issue at all.

raymondu999 wrote:Regarding all the conspiracy theories - maybe Rosberg joined the Illuminati in Monaco?
Good point. :D
Don`t russel the hamster!

basti313
basti313

Pierce89 wrote:
Juzh wrote:
iotar__ wrote:Ferrari engine (at this stage of the race?) looked worse than Renault. Not to mention traction.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
I'm not quite sure what's so funny. The Ferrari PU is garbage. The Renault probably is better. I mean... look at Sauber. They didn't just forget how to build a car.
Alonso's car is always garbage and Alonso is mastering it. This is a rule, you do not have to mention it.

Regarding the Sauber: During the last rule change Sauber was still payed by BMW. So they could build a rather good car and make nice innovations in 2012 and 2013 that helped them a lot.
But they did the same fault like Redbull: They did not stop the 2013 development early enough and redesigned the rear of their car in the middle of 2013. That is why they were so good in the second half last year and this is why they suck so badly now. No money, no BMW backing and not enough time to prepare this season...this has nothing to do with the engine. Maybe a Merc would help, but with the Renault they would only compete with the Marussias...

iotar__

foxmulder_ms wrote:Hamilton cannot catch a break! Unlucky guy (relatively of course, he is still an F1 driver, right?).
It was a nice race, though. I really liked it. By the way, Massa should have been penalized. Not seeing cannot be an excuse. He drive into Mclaren.
Hamilton was very lucky in this race. Massa's line was wider than Bottas' before him and JM was able to hit the brakes and not ram into him. Probably not wide enough (his part) but what was Magnussen trying to accomplish apart from setting a record for first lap incidents?

What about penalties for Hamilton and Vettel for heavy chopping across in the braking zone and ramming into Raikkonen, where is high-driving standards and safety guardian Whiting, busy talking about Massa? Neither even attempted a clean pass. I remember drive-through for much less exactly year ago after Button's "I'm sooo offended, I'm going to Charlie" routine. Maybe after "re-watching" he would have changed his mind about it too? You really think Button was busy watching Hamilton incident after the race, it's not like he lost a win because of that.

Edit: Next time Button is shouting something during the race, after accident etc. - every one should ignore it and wait for watching replay reaction next day. He may change his mind.

turbof1

Massa's line was wider than Bottas' before him and JM was able to hit the brakes and not ram into him. Probably not wide enough (his part) but what was Magnussen trying to accomplish apart from setting a record for first lap incidents?
What he was trying to accomplish? Simply put trying to get around the corner. Magnussen was completely on the inside of the corner, any more to the right and he would have been off-track.

Why should he have given up the position to Massa by braking? By all means Magnussen had the inside of the corner.
#AeroFrodo

prince
prince

turbof1 wrote:
Massa's line was wider than Bottas' before him and JM was able to hit the brakes and not ram into him. Probably not wide enough (his part) but what was Magnussen trying to accomplish apart from setting a record for first lap incidents?
What he was trying to accomplish? Simply put trying to get around the corner. Magnussen was completely on the inside of the corner, any more to the right and he would have been off-track.

Why should he have given up the position to Massa by braking? By all means Magnussen had the inside of the corner.
+1 and that's exactly the same comment Sky team was also making. It was a hard earned place for Kevin that he lost because Massa, who was only watching Bottas, turned into him.

max_speed
max_speed

i dnt know wht raikonene is doing , removing him from picture and u dnt see any difference in ferrari's standing as of now. i guess tht bianchi in second seat would have scored more points than him as of now. it will not be helping ferrari as well in terms of developing car too , already down on technology and engine , kimi has become one more problem for scuderia. i am big fan of him but he is struggling way too much. this is worst phase in recent history for ferrari.

iotar__

turbof1 wrote:

Inside line is not enough, to be clear I'm not putting the whole blame on KM, as stated before Massa could have gone wider, it was response to penalise Massa (IMO out of question).
Re-watch all drivers' wide lines into first corner and how Vettel cut into the kerb to avoid collision with D.R., some other driver behind even more. So yes it was possible to approach corner differently especially when you're not that fast and on the inside.

Interesting how not overtaking Bottas was brushed aside as difficult after it was certain according to Ham's engineer few laps before, same with resigned Williams bloke. Top speed as an explanation is not enough, I thought Bottas was pulling away out of the corners as well.

basti313
basti313

iotar__ wrote:
turbof1 wrote:

Inside line is not enough
Well, there is a rule about leaving space...
iotar__ wrote: Re-watch all drivers' wide lines into first corner and how Vettel cut into the kerb to avoid collision with D.R., some other driver behind even more. So yes it was possible to approach corner differently especially when you're not that fast and on the inside.
Not that fast? Rewatching the lines...Magnussen was as fast as Massa. Massa should have seen him as he was alongside, this was a classical "Maldonado". One should really expect more from Massa as being a nearly-WC.
iotar__ wrote: Interesting how not overtaking Bottas was brushed aside as difficult after it was certain according to Ham's engineer few laps before, same with resigned Williams bloke. Top speed as an explanation is not enough, I thought Bottas was pulling away out of the corners as well.
It was not top speed. Hamilton lost too much in turn 1 and 2 due to his damaged front wing. With the gap he always had after turn 3 he would have had problems to overtake even a Redbull.