2014 Brazilian Grand Prix - São Paulo

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
komninosm
komninosm

Re: 2014 Brazilian Grand Prix - São Paulo

I think most drivers pit too early the first time. The soft tires had life left in them.

Waywardism
Waywardism

Great race I enjoyed it. Shame about Lewis' mistake but I suppose everyone has to make at least one race-mistake in a season.

Bernie's double points plan is a complete and utter failure, the championship would still be open without it. It just means Lewis has to finish 2nd rather than the 6th place that it should be. In reality with Mercedes' advantage the only question is whether his car will last the distance.

Why did Bottas lose out so much more than Massa?

matt_b
matt_b

The spin cost Lewis the win, cant blame Mercedes for leaving him out there because he was putting in purple sectors. Lewis has also won the Fastest Lap Trophy lets see how many media pundits have noticed.

MercedesAMGSpy

I am surprised how fast Lewis was in the race. In a weekend that Nico dominated he was still so close on sunday. Another race like this in Abu Dhabi and Lewis is world champion.

ringo

good race by nico.
Wasn't the faster driver here, but he was faster in the sector that counts, sector 2.
He did well not to make mistakes either.
Hamilton making the usual mistake of the rear switching around. He doesn't make much errors, but when he does it's the same exact thing, which is interesting.
There was just no chance he could overtake Rosberg without a mistake.

As for the rest of the field. Vettel has finally schooled Danny. Though for only half the race. Kimi also showing a respectable performance and why he is one of the best racers as well. Hulk and Massa also had really good and clean races.

Not an exciting race but ut had enough stuff going on.
For Sure!!

ringo

MercedesAMGSpy wrote:I am surprised how fast Lewis was in the race. In a weekend that Nico dominated he was still so close on sunday. Another race like this in Abu Dhabi and Lewis is world champion.
I think this second place is a good lesson for hamilton. It gives him a reminder of the level he has to on to stay on top.Pole isn't super important this year, but there are tracks where it is. The tight tracks like monaco, brazil, singapore, austria.
For Sure!!

gray41

Great job by Nico, very impressed with the way he handed the mountain of pressure Lewis was exuding.
Lewis Hamilton #44
Poles: *****
Wins: ***

SilverArrow10

I think the only problem Hamilton will go away with from this race is the fact that he still hasn't won in Brazil, providing there are no Mechanical issues, he has the title in the bag, and he has since Austin.
"Leave it to Lewis Hamilton to ruin Redbull's day" - Martin Brundle

"Ok Lewis, Its Hammertime!!" - Peter Bonnington

"Fresh tires, 15 laps. What do you think Lewis Hamilton is going to do?" - Martin Brundle

RZS10

Sky calculated a theoretical 0,2s lead of lewis after pitstop without the spin ...

Shrieker

Waywardism wrote: In reality with Mercedes' advantage the only question is whether his car will last the distance.
Hamilton makes a mistake and puts in the wall, game over. Last sector in abu is very tricky.
Education is that which allows a nation free, independent, reputable life, and function as a high society; or it condemns it to captivity and poverty.
-Atatürk

RZS10

Lewis: "I was clearly quickest today" - and right he is ...

AnthonyG

Rosberg handled the race brilliantly and recovered from everything that was trown at him(most noticeable getting stuck behind Button after the first stop).
Thank you really doesn't really describe enough what I feel. - Vettel

iotar__

RZS10 wrote:Lewis: "I was clearly quickest today" - and right he is ...
If you are slower in qualifying and make mistake in the race it can cost you chance for victory. Locking up in Sochi cost Rosberg.

If there was ever a doubt whether in 2014 it's better to pressure your opponent before or after first/second pitstop or on the last three laps Interlagos gave us the answer. That is if it wasn't already obvious from Barcelona or Bahrain when Rosberg was more clearly quickest. It was close but rather boring. Any complaints that DRS overtakes are too easy?

rajs41
rajs41

Who was Mercedes man or mechanic on the podium?

RZS10

iotar__ wrote:
RZS10 wrote:Lewis: "I was clearly quickest today" - and right he is ...
If you are slower in qualifying and make mistake in the race it can cost you chance for victory. Locking up in Sochi cost Rosberg.

If there was ever a doubt whether in 2014 it's better to pressure your opponent before or after first/second pitstop or on the last three laps Interlagos gave us the answer. That is if it wasn't already obvious from Barcelona or Bahrain when Rosberg was more clearly quickest. It was close but rather boring. Any complaints that DRS overtakes are too easy?
You know, you could take the time to read what you've written before posting, maybe try giving it some structure and easier to follow sentences ...

But i think you're trying to say it's better to go for the pass at the beginning of the stint instead of after? Right? ;)