Bahrain GP 2006

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
Venom
Venom

Bahrain GP 2006

Go Michael Go!

captainmorgan
captainmorgan

are there any rumors as to explanations of how Ferrari pulled this off? Real reasons, please, obviously theyre a good team.

EDIT: well what do you know...
http://f1.racing-live.com/f1/en/headlin ... 3700.shtml

seems like Ferrari is using a wing that flexes just enough, right at the spots where stewards don't check[/url]

manchild
manchild

They were the only big team testing in Bahrain. I also think that it is a short-term sucess because they got to be running on low fuel. Even if they win it will change on following races.

f1.redbaron

20-odd minutes to go.

Unfortunately, one of my teams is waaay down at the bottom. However, I'm still hopefull.

Come on, Toyota. In the words of Larry the Cable Guy - "Git-R-Done!" :D

monkeyboy1976
monkeyboy1976

Keep an eye on Kimi.

captainmorgan
captainmorgan

man, this site needs a chat room

Venom
Venom

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

captainmorgan
captainmorgan

Is it just me, or is Nico Rosberg really, REALLY fast? His lap times are frequently 6/10ths faster than anyone else at bahrain

f1.redbaron

Venom wrote:NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
I think that the only reason why Alonso managed to pass Michael was because of those "illegal" mirrors. Right, Manchild?

Man, I'm a sore loser. First my Toyotas are waaaay down, and now this :cry:

joseff

IF ONLY Rosberg didn't make his rookie mistakes in qualifying and that 1st lap. In the end he was only 22s off Webber.

You know what, Nico's rookie race definitely reminds me of Mark Webber's, at Melbourne in 2002.

EDIT: From Schumacher vs Alonso and Rosberg vs Red Bulls, it looks as though the bridgestones are much better towards the end of the race.
Last edited by joseff on 12 Mar 2006, 15:26, edited 1 time in total.

Sawtooth-spike

Rosberg and that Williams are really gonna be up there this year. Its great to see all those cars on the pace. I really think that honda will be on it when Button gets his starts right. What a good race, Soooooo mcuh overtaking!

The Toyotas Are REALLY Bad
I believe in the chain of command, Its the chain I use to beat you till you do what i want!!!

Scuderia_Russ

Great race in my opinion! Fantastic drive from Rosberg. Sorry for J.V. because Heidfeld seemed to be amongst alot of the action. Where was Montoya though?! I expected Honda to be quicker and am very surprised at the lack of pace from Toyota they were absoloutely nowhere. Good start to 2006 I reckon, can't wait for next weekend!! :D
"Whether you think you can or can't, either way you are right."
-Henry Ford-

manchild
manchild

It was nice to see Schuey loosing the same way he won 5 titles (trough the pits).

Great drive from Kimi with reserve of what might happen with that engine on its second race.

Williams did great job and I think that Nico drove fastest lap of the race! I'm really impressed by his drive at this demanding circuit.

Toyota should put some gasoline on those cars, light a match and start from scratch instead of doing evolution of that square bus. I expect few hara-kiri’s at their paddock.

Toro Rosso should take a final look at that air restrictor because the hole will be smaller for Sepang.

That was my race analysis :wink:

Sawtooth-spike

yeah that STR is abit to fast, the thing is the whole season if they do well it will be put down to the engine. They might as well run that nice fast Cossie v8.
I believe in the chain of command, Its the chain I use to beat you till you do what i want!!!

Steven
Owner

What a nice race! Alonso all the way!
A pity for fisico, again bad luck (or something).

Btw for that Toro Rosso, I wouldn't change the restrictions for that engine, several teams will update their V8s in the next few races while Toro Rosso won't have updates at all, so they'll worsen anyway.

Also... promising combination: Rosberg + Williams + seamless shift ;)