Bahrain GP 2006

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
allan
allan

gr8 race
even it was disapointing to see shumi loses in final stages..
but it was a gr8 show for all drivers i think.
especially the ICEMAN! he was unbelievable, he is realy a true champion!
but what happened with massa and barichello? they seemed prettygood yesterday???

DaveKillens
DaveKillens

A great drive by Alonso and his crew. Shu is back.... beware. Kimi drove a faultless race after his disaster in qualifying. Button really put out a maximum effort and proved he's for real. Montoya sort of just drove around all day, reminded me of Ralf when he was in one of his snits. Webber and Rosberg put a huge smile on Sir Frank's face. He's got two aces there. A complete disaster for Toyota's week. They spend so much money, and I ask, are ex-Enron executives handling the budget? What do they have to show for all that money?
SA proved they have a lot to learn, in all areas. The only good thing is that they really didn't screw anyone else up, just themselves.
A darn good race, entertaining, drama, passing on the track.

Evolution
Evolution

I felt the race had everything that sets up an exciting season.

I think its clear to see looking at the timings, the difference between Renault, Ferrari, McLaren and Honda is minimal, meaning any of the drivers from these teams could win at some stage during the season.

It would of been interesting to see how close Jenson would of got to his first win had he not balls'd up his start and then been held up. Likewise it would of been an even better race had Kimi not had his suspension faliure in quali.

All in all, whilst I dislike Alonso and Schumacher, I'm glad Fernando won. Special mention to Nico, looks very fast in a very strong Williams car.

RH1300S
RH1300S

I really enjoyed that one..........

Fernando has remined us why he is champion, a stunning aggressive drive - he maximised the whole race.

I didn't like the idea of tyre changing coming back, but if it puts MS & FA in the same race - I'm all for it. Good to see MS with his tail up again and also we can now see how FA shows in a proper race with MS.

Kimi - how on earth???????? A simply brilliant drive....

I was pleased to see that Button has some pace in the Honda, he drove a very good race.

My star of the day has to be young Rosberg, that was a great drive and fastest race lap, so at the least the Williams has some pace....

fwa2500

nooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i hate how in this country the only TV station to show races is SPEED which is only on digital cable..........we have it at my moms, but we havent had any power since friday (damnit CINERGY! get your act togeather!), thus, i missed the race :evil:

im at my dad's now, where we have power (but no digital cable) and wish i could have seen it.............

:evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

captainmorgan
captainmorgan

yeah im in the same boat fwa2500, had to watch it on the f1.com text feed.

Venom
Venom

I enjoyed it too. Actually my heart did 19000rpm when the lights were about to go off.

I think Jenson needs a better start in order to win races, Braichello better set-up and more luck!

Michael is doing alright and Massa will gradually get there with more experience.

Kimi, arghhh... There's nothing alse he can do except for being fast as he already is...

Tom

Massa was dissapointing.
I rated him much higher than he performed today.

Of course it could have been a deliberate attempt to elliminate Alonso, but that spin was a pretty elimentry mistake for someone who's been driving these things for three years at least now.
Murphy's 9th Law of Technology:
Tell a man there are 300 million stars in the universe and he'll believe you. Tell him a bench has wet paint on it and he'll have to touch to be sure.

rubicant
rubicant

hey guys havent you guys noticed tat, between 5 teams the difference was only 4 tenths of a second, wich means, great racing for 2006

Scuderia_Russ

Tom wrote:Massa was dissapointing.

Of course it could have been a deliberate attempt to elliminate Alonso.
Please tell me this is an effing wind up!

Tom

Yeah don't worry.

I think Sato is the only kamakazi in the field.
Murphy's 9th Law of Technology:
Tell a man there are 300 million stars in the universe and he'll believe you. Tell him a bench has wet paint on it and he'll have to touch to be sure.

tinhouse
tinhouse

This is the first GP that made me laugh out loud, too

First off Ide ploughing into his pit crew and then the interruption in the commentary while Fisi made his feelings about the car known with some very colourful language on the pit radio.

But what an awesome weekend!

Can't wait for Sepang ...

Matt.

ginsu
ginsu

First off Ide ploughing into his pit crew and then the interruption in the commentary while Fisi made his feelings about the car known with some very colourful language on the pit radio.
Yes, Super Aguri are definitely set to be the laughing stocks of the season. That's what you get for making all your mistakes on the international stage. They really should have sat out this year. Apparently, they called Sato in for fuel, but he didn't get any fuel for some reason, so they called him in on the next lap. That's when Ide and Sato came in at the same time. They pushed Ide aside, filled Sato, then they tried to fill Ide and again, he didn't get a fill and had to come back around on the next lap.

I think Sato had 6 pit stops by the end of the race. I wouldn't even want to
race like that. They are not ready to be in F1.
I love to love Senna.

Scuderia_Russ

Everyone has to start somewhere, and taking part in the real deal will have done them more good than a year of practicing. Don't forget this entire team was put together in 150 days. Yes they made mistakes, but I for one admire them!

Spencifer_Murphy

I think they did a damned good job...a fuel rig malfunction isn't exactly their fault. And in time they will progress. Scuderia Russ is right; Everyone has to start somewhere.

With regards to Massa, I never believed he was worthy of the Ferrari drive. When he did so well in quali I felt like I had to eat my words...but when discussing it with my gf I stuck by the phrase "To drive a car quickly and to RACE it, are two very different things"

Turns out Massa proved me right hehe :lol:
Silence is golden when you don't know a good answer.