Malaysian GP 2006

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
Jason

Principessa wrote:OLE!!!! Allez Renault :wink:
What a great move of Alonso! Passing 4 cars at that little piece of track! AMAZING!

And Fisico, well it was just great! I'm really happy!

Too bad for both Williamsdrivers and for Heidfeld :(
Your sad for Nico, Mark and Nick while I'm sad for Kimi that he is so unlucky. I thought his car was not damaged but when I saw the replay of it I feel like I want to jump from 12th floor to the ground, he threw his rear wing down again :cry: . I happy JPM saved the day for Mclaren and took a well deserved 4th :D .
Never regret what you do, but only regret what you don't do. - Jenson Button
http://batracer.com/-1FrontPage.htm?LW

Sawtooth-spike

not the greatest race in the world, But still enjoyable.

I the Honda is still probably the fastest car over 1 lap, but i think its race pace is really not there. Also they REALLY REALLY need to learn how to work pitstops so they dont dump jenson out onto the back of somebody. I do think Jenson would of been second if somebody could teach the backmarkers how to get out of the way.

Is kimi Running for John herbert award for Unlucky Driver of the year?

Although it pains me to say it JV had a good race, he might just regain my confidance.
I believe in the chain of command, Its the chain I use to beat you till you do what i want!!!

Principessa

Villeneuve did very well. Heidfeld was really unfortunate to have to abandon the race with the same 'flame' like JV last week in Bahrain, and this in his 100th F1 Grand Prix. Too bad for him, especially since he was in 5th place at the moment it happened.

I was really surprised that so many cars had to abandon the race. Too bad for Klien too, he had good weekend so far.

Barrichello disappointed me again, just like Trulli.

Sawtooth-spike

Yeah guess there is a possitive for the Toyota, They have moved from embarssing, all the way upto poor. Lets face it you more or less had to finsh to get some points, cus they should be able to beet Mf1, STR and Super aguri.
I believe in the chain of command, Its the chain I use to beat you till you do what i want!!!

m3_lover

Did anybody noticed in the race (later part) that Juan Pablo Montoya had no left mirror on his car, it completely detached from the strut.

What was with Jarno Trulli, he let three guys pass him on the same part of the course!!!.

I do have to admit that was some sweet driving from Alonso at the start, For a car with a lot more fuel, he certainly had a good start and I blame the williams drivers for letting him place them like that.

Marc Webber had a light car, he was all around Fernando but could not pass him.

I think Jenson is going to have some words with Scott Speed.

I think Rubens need more time to get use to the Honda Car

Too Bad for Kimi

And for the yanks (on speed tv) one of the commentators always talks about the rubber (clag) on the track, enough already, I know there is bits and pieces of rubber there, That commentator always mentions it every race.. it is getting annoying
Last edited by m3_lover on 19 Mar 2006, 12:04, edited 1 time in total.
Simon: Nils? You can close in now. Nils?
John McClane: [on the guard's phone] Attention! Attention! Nils is dead! I repeat, Nils is dead, ----head. So's his pal, and those four guys from the East German All-Stars, your boys at the bank? They're gonna be a little late.
Simon: [on the phone] John... in the back of the truck you're driving, there's $13 billon dollars worth in gold bullion. I wonder would a deal be out of the question?
John McClane: [on the phone] Yeah, I got a deal for you. Come out from that rock you're hiding under, and I'll drive this truck up your ass.

Principessa

Yes Trulli wasn't there today! Really really bad race!
Didn't see that at JPM's car...McLaren needs some superglue to keep their cars together :P

Raptor
Raptor

I was especially disappointed for Williams. It would have been great to have one of their drivers on the podium.

m3_lover

For the fastest laps in the race these two entries surprised me

6 7 Ralf Schumacher Toyota 34 15:59:50 208.544 1:35.686

7 16 Nick Heidfeld Sauber-BMW 41 16:10:30 208.403 1:35.751
Simon: Nils? You can close in now. Nils?
John McClane: [on the guard's phone] Attention! Attention! Nils is dead! I repeat, Nils is dead, ----head. So's his pal, and those four guys from the East German All-Stars, your boys at the bank? They're gonna be a little late.
Simon: [on the phone] John... in the back of the truck you're driving, there's $13 billon dollars worth in gold bullion. I wonder would a deal be out of the question?
John McClane: [on the phone] Yeah, I got a deal for you. Come out from that rock you're hiding under, and I'll drive this truck up your ass.

Principessa

This is why Barrichello didn't perform better! :P

Scuderia_Russ

BMW seemed to have swapped places with where Toyota were last year but seem to have matched engine unreliability with the Mercedes of last year. I was surprised to see both Cosworth V8's blow up because Cossie have a solid reliability record. (Only one failure last year in D.C.'s car IIRC. Especially seeing as they were first on the dyno. Williams said they were going maximum attack though and as we saw with McLaren last year that outlook can sometimes come back and bite you. I hope Fissi can give Alonso more of a run for his money this year. He's looking very confident, Alonso looked happy on the podium too because I think he can smell title number two coming up!

Jason

Scuderia_Russ wrote:BMW seemed to have swapped places with where Toyota were last year but seem to have matched engine unreliability with the Mercedes of last year. I was surprised to see both Cosworth V8's blow up because Cossie have a solid reliability record. (Only one failure last year in D.C.'s car IIRC. Especially seeing as they were first on the dyno. Williams said they were going maximum attack though and as we saw with McLaren last year that outlook can sometimes come back and bite you. I hope Fissi can give Alonso more of a run for his money this year. He's looking very confident, Alonso looked happy on the podium too because I think he can smell title number two coming up!
If Alonso smells his title then Cosworth smells it's title with Williams. The Cosworth V8 is much better than the V10 because Cosworth is a V8 expert. BMW has been very competetive in Sepang, Jacques's 7th. DC's car blew up once last year because he does not push hard I guess. Fissi's engineer told him to push blindingly quick if he wants to defeat Alonso and he responded to it by pushing even harder. How fast he was :shock:
Never regret what you do, but only regret what you don't do. - Jenson Button
http://batracer.com/-1FrontPage.htm?LW

Scuderia_Russ

Ranger/Acer/Jason wrote: DC's car blew up once last year because he does not push hard I guess.
Err, no it didn't blow up because it was ultra reliable, not because D.C. didn't push.

Principessa

ALLEZ RENAULT!!! 8)

Enjoy!!

Steven
Owner

Jason wrote:Your sad for Nico, Mark and Nick while I'm sad for Kimi that he is so unlucky. I thought his car was not damaged but when I saw the replay of it I feel like I want to jump from 12th floor to the ground, he threw his rear wing down again :cry: . I happy JPM saved the day for Mclaren and took a well deserved 4th :D .
Well I think that he should learn to look into his mirrors before diving into a corner. I think it's just because of his careless driving that he findd himself "unlucky" by getting hit by another car that is on the inside of a corner entry.
Sawtooth-spike wrote:Although it pains me to say it JV had a good race, he might just regain my confidence.
Well JV also ran very well in Bahrain where he was way ahead of Heidfeld before blowing his engine :?

Principessa

Me and Tomba were on the Renault chat for a while, but than it broke down :(

Here are some of our questions and answers from the renault team, for those who are interested! (Tomba = f1technical on the chat :wink:)

<i>Principessa > Congratulations to Fisico, Alonso and the whole team: BRAVO BRAVO!What do you expect from the next race in Australia and which specific set-up does the circuit require there

Renault F1 Team > Hi Principessa, we will go to Australia feeling very optimistic and trying to win. The circuit needs very good braking stability, a strong engine and good mechanical grip. So far, the R26 has shown it has all of those!

f1technical > hello, I was wondering, when fernando set fastest lap 10 laps from the end and was thereby 2s quicker than fisico, was Giancarlo already saving his engine at that time?

Renault F1 Team > Fernando did this on new tyres, with a lighter fuel load than Fisi when he had new tyres (because he stopped later). Fisico was alreadycontrolling his performance in the final stint, yes.

Principessa > What does Heikki Kovalainen do when the team isn't testing since he can't drive during free practices on friday?

Renault F1 Team > Heikki does a lot of PR work at the races, and joins all the briefings. It's not the most fun part of his job, but he does it all with a smile! Read more baout it all in Heikki Blog later this week.</i>